Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your power bill goes up in the last 2 months?

Smile Re: Do your power bill goes up in the last 2 months?

more like alternate months. in rising month-to-month elect prices, are such practices still valid?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Actually, this is common practice here. IIRC they estimate your bills and takes a reading every 3 months and balance the quarter.

My only issue with this is that I don't know if the rates changed...are the bills retroactive or I'll be cumulatively charged at the latest rate. ie, if the rates goes up, I'll end up paying more since they underestimate my previous months bills.

Default Re: Do your power bill goes up in the last 2 months?

i got a short of 100bucks discount last month

no wonder my landlord kao peh kao bu said i used too much power.
    :-(

the news got chinese version? so i can throw it at her face.
    Objection !!!

Deregistered

dam..

i also kena.. 500 plus..

i also got shocked.. usually only 200 plus..

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    dam..

i also kena.. 500 plus..

i also got shocked.. usually only 200 plus..
    500plus!!!!

u run wat at home?!?! u mux be living in a huge house.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    500plus!!!!

u run wat at home?!?! u mux be living in a huge house.
    cmon la.. i cant be rich like in Xpert11

condo.. running fan, washing machine, dryers, Air-con, computer( 1 week maybe on 24hours for 4days). HAHAHA. i suspect its the washing machine and Dryers.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    cmon la.. i cant be rich like in Xpert11

condo.. running fan, washing machine, dryers, Air-con, computer( 1 week maybe on 24hours for 4days). HAHAHA. i suspect its the washing machine and Dryers.
    i was thinking why my bills shot up by abt 1 times more than the usual that i pay which is around S$120/. all this while till around may/june when i see the huge jump(now around S$220).

but never crossed my mind to find out more! haiz!

let's wait and see what the replies are.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I checked the meter reading, it's correct
    Maybe nowadays, the meter also run faster

In today's TODAY.....hope we won't get more shock...

"SP Services vows ‘seamless transition’ to new billing system
    NEO CHAI CHIN and ON G DAI LIN chaichin@mediacorp.com.sg

THE last time it tweaked its billing system eight years ago, SP Services found itself facing the wrath of 12 per cent of its 1.2 million customers who had received late or wrong bills — with one customer overbilled by more than $39,000.
    This time, with the migration of data to its upgraded Enterprise Business System coming up from Aug 4 to Aug 8, the service provider says that it has taken steps to ensure consumers will see none of that hassle. The company has done “rigorous” tests and “dress rehearsals” over the last 11 months.
    “To ensure a seamless transition to the new system, we conducted parallel run tests ... and
    carried out two rounds of dress rehearsals on the data migration and system cutover activities,” said its managing director Wong Chit Sieng.
    And should a major problem occur, a contingency plan is in place to switch back to the current system, said an SP Services spokeswoman.
    The company has also engaged a different firm from back in 2000 to implement the system
    — Accenture, a global management consulting and technology services firm.
    SP Services’ previous engagement with New Zealand firm TUI Consulting led to a court case
    in 2003, with the former suing TUI for failing meet deadlines, losses from having to pay a fine
    imposed by the Public Utilities Board and damage to its reputation.
    It had asked for damages and losses amounting to over $1 million and TUI counter-sued, saying the glitches were due to SP Services’ own failings. Both parties eventually reached a private settlement.
    The service provider also denied speculation that the latest announcement is related to the recent surge in consumers’ complaints of being overcharged for electricity. Last month, the company received a record 1,093 complaints of bills for May being higher than in previous months. SP Services reiterated that the higher bills could be due to lower estimated readings
    the previous month, higher consumption in the hotter months of April to September,
    and electricity tariffs going up over the last five quarters. The upgrade is needed to enable SP Services to continue receiving maintenance support from the software vendor, the
    spokeswoman said, adding that IT system upgrades were the norm every five
    to 10 years. It will also allow for “future enhancements to better serve customers”,
    Mr Wong said. Possible improvements include the better management of customer enquiries
    through a Customer Relationship Management module in the system.
    From Aug 4 to Aug 8, while the migration to the new system is taking place, those seeking to open or close their electricity, water, piped gas or refuse collection accounts with SP Services will be unable to do so. Only limited payment and collection services, emergency turn-on of supplies and payment transactions will be available during that period.
    SP Services’ customer service operating hours the week before and the week after
    the data migration will also be extended to assist with enquiries — the customer
    service hotline will operate from 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and from 8am to 5pm
    on Saturdays. The customer service centre at Somerset Road will operate from 8am to 8pm
    from Aug 11 to Aug 15, and from 8am to 3pm on Aug 2 and Aug 16 (Saturdays).
    Hours are unchanged at the HDB Hub and Woodlands Civic Centre customer service
    centres (8.30am to 5pm on weekdays and 8.30am to 1pm on Saturdays).
    SP Services declined to reveal how much the upgrade would cost, citing “business
    confidentiality”; according to reports, the overhaul in 2000 had cost $35 million. "

Watch your power bill carefully for the next few months

My June bill was the lowest for the whole year... die lah, the "correction" sure very jialat.

"Business confidentiality"

I did not know that SP Services has other competitors n Singapore?

After the "seamless transition", I hope that things are really painless too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    In today's TODAY.....hope we won't get more shock...

"SP Services vows ‘seamless transition’ to new billing system
    NEO CHAI CHIN and ON G DAI LIN chaichin@mediacorp.com.sg "

Watch your power bill carefully for the next few months
    [ Flickr ]

it really does not make sense.

they have been estimating every other month since many years ago.
    the number of complaint should also show the same trend, if you get what i meant....

but to have complaint shot up 4 times the normal, then i suspect there is really something wrong with their billing system.

those that kenna wrongly charged most probably are those trial account that they have chosen to migrate to the new billing system.

i'm won't be surprise if later papers showing somebody receiving $10k bills from singapore power.

so my advise is check your bills carefully. do not let singapore power earn more $$$, they are already freaking rich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12