Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 403

Thread: LX3?

  1. #121

    Default Re: LX3?

    ms colour(Amk Hub) is selling at 690 cash only
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  2. #122

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    IQ is a little disappointing... as compared to the DSLR...
    Will just use it as a p&s... don't think I'll be investing on the rest of the LX3 accessories....




    Isn't it a p&s camera?

    Anyway, I thought the flower shot is stunning.
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

  3. #123

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_quartz View Post
    Like what someone mentioned above, prices wouldn't drop a lot for Panasonic cameras. Furthermore, this *high-end* PnS camera just came out, so I figure they'll probably just throw more freebies. How many 2/4 GB SDHC cards do you intend to collect as freebies anyway?
    Waiting for them to throw in a free optical viewfinder~~~

  4. #124

    Default Re: LX3?



    I'm looking at all the JPG files and have not seen the Raw files yet... maybe this the reason why I'm not really impressed yet....

    But I must say the cam has some interesting new features that I've missed since switching to digital from the good old film days....

    And the noise is certainly much better than the last 2 versions.

  5. #125

    Default Re: LX3?

    been waiting for a wide ultra bright P&S and guess my wish was heard. Quality reminds me of Sony 717 at F2 , though one mark down. one happy consumer.

    some random shots in RAW
    Mono2






  6. #126
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: LX3?

    Seems that this camera's pretty good at photos for the web because when scaled down, the noise isn't that noticeable.

  7. #127

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Seems that this camera's pretty good at photos for the web because when scaled down, the noise isn't that noticeable.
    never had a problem. just want it n use it to hav fun. rest immaterial

  8. #128

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    been waiting for a wide ultra bright P&S and guess my wish was heard. Quality reminds me of Sony 717 at F2 , though one mark down. one happy consumer.

    some random shots in RAW
    Mono2







    I like the framing and contrast

  9. #129

    Default Re: LX3?

    must admit that I'm more keen to try the lx3's new feature on macro than test drive my new leica 100 r macro lens...

    Last edited by weekh; 20th August 2008 at 07:41 PM.

  10. #130

    Default Re: LX3?

    I'm very satisfy with the LX3's accurate AWB, effective OIS and wide aperture lens. Taking night shots with the LX3 handheld is a breeze.


    Camera: Panasonic DMC-LX3
    Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
    Aperture: f/2.8
    Focal Length: 12.8 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: 33/100 EV


    Camera: Panasonic DMC-LX3
    Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
    Aperture: f/2
    Focal Length: 5.1 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: 33/100 EV


    Camera: Panasonic DMC-LX3
    Exposure: 0.25 sec (1/4)
    Aperture: f/2
    Focal Length: 5.1 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: 33/100 EV
    Last edited by ttiongch; 20th August 2008 at 10:58 PM.

  11. #131

    Default Re: LX3?

    ttiongch, was the petrol station shot at base ISO and lens wide open?

  12. #132
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: LX3?

    Hi ttiongch, care to post the EXIF for your night photos? Thanks.

  13. #133

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    ttiongch, was the petrol station shot at base ISO and lens wide open?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Hi ttiongch, care to post the EXIF for your night photos? Thanks.
    ok, I have just added in the EXIF in my previous post above for your reference.

  14. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: LX3?

    Look like the ISO 400 is now quite usable for LX3, much better than my FZ50...
    Were they shoot in RAW or JPEG?
    Any pp has been done on them?

  15. #135

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Look like the ISO 400 is now quite usable for LX3, much better than my FZ50...
    Were they shoot in RAW or JPEG?
    Any pp has been done on them?
    They were taken in jpg, no pp, only slight cropping.
    Yes, ISO400 is usable on LX3 if the exposure is correct. I find that LX3 metering a bit under expose, so I set +0.3EV as default.

  16. #136

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttiongch View Post
    ok, I have just added in the EXIF in my previous post above for your reference.
    Much appreciated, thanks!

  17. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttiongch View Post
    They were taken in jpg, no pp, only slight cropping.
    Yes, ISO400 is usable on LX3 if the exposure is correct. I find that LX3 metering a bit under expose, so I set +0.3EV as default.
    Have you tried the RAW format?
    How about the ISO 800?
    I am quite interested to get this one as walkaround pns...

  18. #138

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Have you tried the RAW format?
    How about the ISO 800?
    I am quite interested to get this one as walkaround pns...
    I don't shoot raw, so can't comment on it. But I can shoot some nightshots in jpg ISO800 to show you later.

    I would say this is my dream P&S cam that I have been looking for, it has all the features that I want for a P&S. The more I use it, the more I like it.
    Last edited by ttiongch; 21st August 2008 at 09:28 AM.

  19. #139

    Default Re: LX3?

    Anyone know where i can get the cheapest or the best deal for getting LX3?
    Can Pm me the price and the shop... Many thanks..

  20. #140

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by iNotion View Post
    Anyone know where i can get the cheapest or the best deal for getting LX3?
    Can Pm me the price and the shop... Many thanks..
    I passed by Alan Photos @ SLS two days back and they quoted $695 (including a case and a 4GB SD card). Not sure if it is the cheapest though.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •