Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 403

Thread: LX3?

  1. #321

    Default Re: LX3?

    Actually the wide angle is great. As to the 2.5x zoom, I guess you really have to get real close to your subject if you are taking potraits. But you can increase the zoom up to 4.5x (at the expense of no. of pixels) using the so called Extra Optical Zoom (EZ in short). Oh well, the pic quality is still good though just that the pixel rate is lower.

  2. #322

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgerock View Post
    Actually the wide angle is great. As to the 2.5x zoom, I guess you really have to get real close to your subject if you are taking potraits. But you can increase the zoom up to 4.5x (at the expense of no. of pixels) using the so called Extra Optical Zoom (EZ in short). Oh well, the pic quality is still good though just that the pixel rate is lower.
    which is also called cropping..

  3. #323

    Default Re: LX3?

    Yeah...But there are alot of discussion on this EZ function. Some say its like digital zoom, some say its in-cam cropping. Its up to the user if it is acceptable though.

  4. #324
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Somewhere outside Singapura
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: LX3?

    Understand that this is LX3 thread. Just side track a bit. what do u guys think of FX38? 25mm is still pretty good but the zoom is definitely better i.e. 5X. It seems that there is not much discussion on this model. I do understand that LX3 besides the 24mm, it also has F2 which is a point. anyone has experience in the FX38?
    Last edited by dahaoren; 25th October 2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Wrong model name
    NOTE: dahaoren = 打好人 ;)

  5. #325

    Default Re: LX3?

    Was quoted by ms color today with 4gb card and the orginal leather case for $685 after GST. May I know is that a good price?

    Thanks

  6. #326
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Was quoted by ms color today with 4gb card and the orginal leather case for $685 after GST. May I know is that a good price?

    Thanks
    This is an excellent price if the case is the LX3 one, which costs almost 100 bucks.

  7. #327

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by hansia View Post
    This is an excellent price if the case is the LX3 one, which costs almost 100 bucks.
    May I know what is so good or special about the case. Howcome everyone is vying for it?

  8. #328

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    May I know what is so good or special about the case. Howcome everyone is vying for it?
    well the casing is specially made for LX3. and it is made of leather which give a classic look!

    yes... $685 is a damn good price... i should have waited for a bit longer

  9. #329
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    well the casing is specially made for LX3. and it is made of leather which give a classic look!

    yes... $685 is a damn good price... i should have waited for a bit longer
    Haiz... me too... paid $695 for it without LX3 case. Then again, with adaptor on cannot use the case too...

  10. #330

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy;
    Was quoted by ms color today with 4gb card and the orginal leather case for $685 after GST. May I know is that a good price?

    Thanks
    Do note that there are 2 original cases for the LX3. The DMWD-CLX3 is a boxed-shaped case and is cheaper. The DMW-CLX3 is shaped like the camera, with a circular protrusion for the lens. It is probably about 3 times the price of the first case.

    But even if it's only the first case that they are giving, its a good deal seeing that the previous price without case is already more than what you were quoted.

    If you do get the camera and case, let us know which is the case that is being given at the $685 price.

  11. #331

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    Do note that there are 2 original cases for the LX3. The DMWD-CLX3 is a boxed-shaped case and is cheaper. The DMW-CLX3 is shaped like the camera, with a circular protrusion for the lens. It is probably about 3 times the price of the first case.

    But even if it's only the first case that they are giving, its a good deal seeing that the previous price without case is already more than what you were quoted.

    If you do get the camera and case, let us know which is the case that is being given at the $685 price.
    Ms Colour told me is the $99 case

  12. #332

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Ms Colour told me is the $99 case
    It's a terrific deal then.

  13. #333

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888 View Post
    went to try the LX3 today.... wow... the bokeh is superb....

    but how does the Ricoh GX100 compare to LX3? any comments?
    Brother did you get your new baby ?
    Nikon User

  14. #334

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    It's a terrific deal then.
    I think those who ask MS for E-Quote will also get the same price.

  15. #335

    Default Re: LX3?

    wow damn now this seems alot better then the mo price! i wonder if can mo for the case too. for those who bought previously from the mo to get a better price.

  16. #336

    Default Re: LX3?

    hi all, i cant seemed to find any information about under-water casing being built for this camera.

    Is there such an existance for a underwater casing for this DMC-LX3? lumix original or 3rd parties like ikelite also can.

  17. #337

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    hi all, i cant seemed to find any information about under-water casing being built for this camera.

    Is there such an existance for a underwater casing for this DMC-LX3? lumix original or 3rd parties like ikelite also can.
    I don't think there's an underwater case for the LX3 yet.

  18. #338

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    I think those who ask MS for E-Quote will also get the same price.
    any idea how long do they take to reply via e-quote? submitted last night...till now havent receive anything.... need to get it soon

  19. #339

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    Don't have to wait for Sitex cos they will sell @ $799 with free gift that about all. I just got my @ $660 it
    $660 include GST?

    where u bought it ?

  20. #340

    Default Re: LX3?

    Quote Originally Posted by kegler View Post
    any idea how long do they take to reply via e-quote? submitted last night...till now havent receive anything.... need to get it soon
    By the second day you should be able to receive their reply. Call lah, faster!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •