Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Negative developing...

  1. #1

    Default Negative developing...

    wanna develop 4 rolls of film shot at Chinese garden and JBP over the wkends.

    Fren recommended Konata while read in HWZ about Colorlabs.
    err.. dunno which one to go... or shld i develop 2 at Konata and 2 at Colorlabs to see which i prefer.........



    advise pls.... thanks..

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Hi,

    That's one of the options. The other way is to develop all at the lab of your choice, then pick a few and ask the other lab to reprint. This way, you can compare their print side by side. I'd say both are equally good, though I personally think Colour Lab's ever slightly better in terms of colour reproduction and tonality. Once you have found the lab you like, stick with it and make friends with the people there. For Colour Lab, that means the 2 guys at the basement.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default

    ok. will be making a trip down to Adelphi later to develop the negatives.
    thanks

  4. #4

    Default

    Hey, if u prefer colorlab and dun really want to fork out $20 for the membership. Just beep me, I've the membership. Though it may take some co-ordination for that 10% discount.

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus
    Hey, if u prefer colorlab and dun really want to fork out $20 for the membership. Just beep me, I've the membership. Though it may take some co-ordination for that 10% discount.
    it's ok.. thanks for your offer. i'll see how it turn out 1st. if i really like their job, then i wld sign up to save some $$$$... hehe.....

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by hackie


    it's ok.. thanks for your offer. i'll see how it turn out 1st. if i really like their job, then i wld sign up to save some $$$$... hehe.....
    Tip: If you consolidate a lot of orders, e.g. plus your friends, yours, etc for a total of more than $220, the membership is essentially free. What they do is deduct 10% off the total and use that to pay for the membership.

    Regards
    CK

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Tip: If you consolidate a lot of orders, e.g. plus your friends, yours, etc for a total of more than $220, the membership is essentially free. What they do is deduct 10% off the total and use that to pay for the membership.

    Regards
    CK
    more than $220? 10% wld be $22 and $20 goes to the membership.. what abt the $2? kopi $$?? hehee....

    will do that next time.. thanks.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by hackie


    more than $220? 10% wld be $22 and $20 goes to the membership.. what abt the $2? kopi $$?? hehee....

    will do that next time.. thanks.
    Sorry, never quite phrase it properly.

    Suppose total cost is $250. If you apply for the card on the spot, they will deduct 10% straightaway. The balance is now $225. $20 for the card, so total cost to you is $245. Something like that, can't really remember. I got a bit confused too.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •