Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: im sorry, but... ...

Default Re: Re: im sorry, but... ...

Originally posted by zhapchit

erm, registered in march 2002? 2 mths?
    Maybe he live in Mars.. different calendar as us.
    Canon Lover :)

Now you see it, now you don't!
    Last edited by YSLee; 28th March 2002 at 11:33 PM.

I just read these forums when i have the time and to look for advice when i want to buy a dc.

I don't care much for titles. Be it a photographer, a snapper or whatever. Just like to take pictures, archive them and look back after a few years

If you feel so strongly about this, why not just differentiate yourself from the rest and add a professional in front of the word photographer.
    If a person who takes photos, leisure or for work is not a photographer, then what is?

that guy that started this also never reply

let's not get too personal.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Aiyah dun whack him lah.

Not all have digicams wat...

I don't have one...and i own a Darkness approved Nikon FE-10.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Hi halfagoodman or whoever you are...time to stop reading and posting...come and join us...meet the people, who enabled photography...we are the ones who breath life into the art(?)...it's the person who squeezes the shutter-button to take the pics, not the camera. I'm aware that based on the content of the replies here, it may be a crazy thing even to come out and meet us but if you trust me, what I'm saying...come and join us in person...don't worry, although I may not be the goody-goody man of the year, I can vouch that the dudes here are fun-loving, loves photography and above all, enjoy networking!

Come...if you wanna experience a breakthrough! Time to clear up the misconceptions!

Megadark
    Guests

Halfgoodman is just a kid. You know what they say,"A man is as good as his words." So lets not take this post of his too seriously.

halfagoodman
    Guests

Default reply

hi, and this is my reply.

first of all, yes, i've been reading the threads of clubsnap for the past few months before registering.

i feel that photography is a very subjective art. some people shoot just for the sake of earning some keep to support their family, whilst others are shooting because they like photography.

i had PM langzi, whom never posted a thread here ever since he was so badly flamed, and i was lucky to had PM him early. he said that instead of spending 20mins in clubsnap typing replies to some dumb thread, he would rather be surfing the web on other aspect of photography or go shooting some pics.

i have a camera, fyi. EOS 300.

Ian, i think that you are basically using your experience to 'crush' ppl. you think that you have shot alot of pics and thus you have the most experience. well, some never made it, but i hope you are not one of them. so what if i have never shot 1/10th of your no. of film? does it matter??

so whayt if i have never posted my shots here? does it matter?? why rae you guys so eager to see the pics that others have taken as a confirmation of them taking pictures??

nicholas1986, taking 1 yr to learn DOP is too slow. nevermind, you are stil young...cannot blame.

i saw the poll on how many years of experience the ppl here have, and was surprised to see that a huge portion had 1 yr or less of experience...i shot since sec 1 till now...

im not trying to be proud, but pls look through some of the threads like by nicholas1986. its like he is the god pf photography and that he knows all the whoo ha of photography.

i admit that i have never went for any SEED or outings, as i prefer to shoot pics alone, w/o the disruption of other ppl. most photograhers, when they reach a stage, would start this habit. dont tell me that henri cartier bresson went shooting with all his friends....im not comparing myself to him, mind you.

1/2

btw, is there any photography forum based in Sg where ppl like me and langzi can hang out?

i see. so sorry then. i have not reached that stage yet.

Originally posted by zhapchit
    i see. so sorry then. i have not reached that stage yet.
    me too...than me cannot be called photographer...then call me a snapper?

and you know you and langzi do think alike....i guess gr8 minds think alike and fools? and you say you ain't proud? *shrugs*

Default Re: reply

Originally posted by halfagoodman
    hi, and this is my reply.

btw, is there any photography forum based in Sg where ppl like me and langzi can hang out?
    I hate to be blunt but here goes; apparently you have decided (?) this is not the place to pick up photography experience and decided to move elsewhere...then I wonder what's the purpose of this thread? A cry from a silence minority or just to get attention? Clubsnap is made up of all kinds of people, for all kinds of people and if you and a few others can't find your place here, then I'm sorry to hear. I seriously wonder where else you can go, if you looking for an 'interactive' community, not just one where you simply read off the web.

I'm afraid you have to form one own your own; to tailor to your needs

Originally posted by isomers007

me too...than me cannot be called photographer...then call me a snapper?

and you know you and langzi do think alike....i guess gr8 minds think alike and fools? and you say you ain't proud? *shrugs*
    snapper sound like a fish

hehe

Hmmm....

Guess that diff people have diff needs....

If you(1/2agoodman) think that this place is too lowly for you... I'm sad to say that you might be missing out some of the best in life.......

There are others like you who likes to shoot alone but they still join us sometimes, just to get together talk abt stuffs. Talking ****, singing songs etc etc etc. The little things in life that make each and everyone of us so different!

Share the experiences and learn from each others.

Oso, on the Langzi case, there may be flamming, but after that, we are more the happy to have him here! It him, that make this forums....err...interesting!

blue......

I was about to troll you all, but decided that this picture would be a much better response.

Originally posted by Richard
    I was about to troll you all, but decided that this picture would be a much better response.

WAH LAU EH... haha.. funny but insulting pic

Ian, i think that you are basically using your experience to 'crush' ppl. you think that you have shot alot of pics and thus you have the most experience. well, some never made it, but i hope you are not one of them. so what if i have never shot 1/10th of your no. of film? does it matter??
    If I'd wanted to crush you I would have, instead I merely demonstrated to all and sundry that your post was grossly stupid and mis-informed. But hey who am I to shatter your delusions of grandeur?

Get back to me when you can actually refute my arguement in my original post.
    Last edited by Ian; 30th March 2002 at 12:05 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Borrowed from YS.

Code:
    +-------------+
    | DO NOT FEED |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Please follow the sign, thank you very much.

PS: If you're replying to his threads because you're bored, then it's a different story.

Originally posted by Richard
    Borrowed from YS.

Code:
    +-------------+
    | DO NOT FEED |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Please follow the sign, thank you very much.

PS: If you're replying to his threads because you're bored, then it's a different story.
    Just a reply to Richard's post...

Feed me, Seymore!

How about this one?
    Last edited by Wai; 30th March 2002 at 12:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast