Thread: Recommend 3rd party Nikon Speedlite

Default Recommend 3rd party Nikon Speedlite

i'm using F65.... wanted to get a external flash but Nikon Speedlite is too ex...
    a friend recommended to get 3rd party ones.. but are they fully compatible? can recommend some brands and models and where to get? best if price is included.

thanks.

How about a SB22s?

Originally posted by YSLee
    How about a SB22s?
    i was hoping to look for a powerful one like SB28.. hehee..
    but read that SB50DX is designed to be used together with F65 built-in flash to push up the GN.. but the SB50DX drinks CR123 leh.. very ex....

btw.. the SB22 how much?

Originally posted by hackie

i was hoping to look for a powerful one like SB28.. hehee..
    but read that SB50DX is designed to be used together with F65 built-in flash to push up the GN.. but the SB50DX drinks CR123 leh.. very ex....

btw.. the SB22 how much?
    SB22S is $200 or thereabouts. Should be powerful enough for most uses. Alternatively, you can save up to $350 or so and buy a used SB26 (which some say is better than the 28) or a bit more for the 28. I got my SB28 used at $350. SB50 is not worth the money at all, being lower power than the 22, and yes, it eats expensive CR123s.

I think good third party ones worth trying are the Metz's and the impossible-to-find-now Sunpak 433AF.

Regards
    CK

ok. will go see see look look... thanks ckiang.

Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Default Re: Recommend 3rd party Nikon Speedlite

Originally posted by hackie
    i'm using F65.... wanted to get a external flash but Nikon Speedlite is too ex...
    a friend recommended to get 3rd party ones.. but are they fully compatible? can recommend some brands and models and where to get? best if price is included.

thanks.
    Sigma EF-500 (with or without LCD screen/manual controls - both models are equally powerful) at Fotoguide Peninsula. If my SB-26 ever breaks down, I would buy this as a replacement and not the $B-28

Default Re: Re: Recommend 3rd party Nikon Speedlite

Originally posted by erwinx

Sigma EF-500 (with or without LCD screen/manual controls - both models are equally powerful) at Fotoguide Peninsula. If my SB-26 ever breaks down, I would buy this as a replacement and not the $B-28
    which one? EF500 Super or ST? how much is it?
    Last edited by hackie; 21st January 2002 at 06:34 PM.