Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: --- How To Deal With Bully Effectively, Painlessly & Legally

Default Re: --- How To Deal With Bully Effectively, Painlessly & Legally

as TS mentioned 'BULLIES AT PUBLIC PLACES'.

for a start, wearing shoes with good cushioning may be a good start if escaping is an option. wearing flip-flops might increase ur chances of flipping (or flopping e escape) over uneven ground.

. if outnumbered try out-talking the hooligans to buy time, while slowly backing off...
    . carrying a glass bottle of designer water (got glass wan rite?), may deter some from upping e ante.
    . den for e well-heeled, a tougher than nails time-piece is good for blocking hostile ~.
    . ladies ought to get a bag that could be used as an improvised demolition ball.
    . for those short-sighted a spare set always by ur side is a good idea.

& those who got loads of time should watch move kung-fu movies!

vince123123
    Guests

That's how lawyers earn their keep.

Anyway that particular provision merely talks about searching for stolen property rather than searching of property per se.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    No wonder most laypeople aren't familiar with the law. i had a headache trying to follow that sentence. Wonder if it's possible to rewrite the entire legal code in shorter clearer sentences.

"Not any police officer can enter private places unless they have search warrant."

In the police force, the rank does count. ASP is considered a walking search warrant. However he must satisfied the court that he had reason to believe to search the place... he does not a search warrant issued by the court!

e.g. he believes that the house is used to store controlled drug, he can order a search. He has no time to wait for a court order!

Film / Tape / Record the confrontation.

Post it on Stomp / Youtube etc

Name & shame will probably work but be careful about it backfiring.

Nothing else but gut.

I am sure you have known the term 'Chilly Padi'

Fight it out but be smart. You can't reach them... stone them and run. Stone them whenever you see them and continue to stone them...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Nothing else but gut.

I am sure you have known the term 'Chilly Padi'

Fight it out but be smart. You can't reach them... stone them and run. Stone them whenever you see them and continue to stone them...
    'chilli padi' oso need training wan ler, wait not rained enough become 'pounded chilli'.

now i know e advantage females have with pointed finger nails... cos damage & collect DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    No wonder most laypeople aren't familiar with the law. i had a headache trying to follow that sentence. Wonder if it's possible to rewrite the entire legal code in shorter clearer sentences.
    That's why lawyers have good command of english but sometimes lousier than a primary school because they can form the longest sentence without a full stop, sometimes without a comma.

Their sentence can be equivalent to the length of our layman one short paragraph lol

vince123123
    Guests

Just a little bit of clarification. Lawyers and Legislators are two different groups of people. Legislators may or may not be lawyers, and in fact, to my knowledge, some legislations are even drafted by administrators in the civil service rather than by legally trained people.

Hence you get that sort of convoluted language.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    That's why lawyers have good command of english but sometimes lousier than a primary school because they can form the longest sentence without a full stop, sometimes without a comma.

Their sentence can be equivalent to the length of our layman one short paragraph lol

wah, i learned something new today.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just a little bit of clarification. Lawyers and Legislators are two different groups of people. Legislators may or may not be lawyers, and in fact, to my knowledge, some legislations are even drafted by administrators in the civil service rather than by legally trained people.

Hence you get that sort of convoluted language.
    oh yes, they aren't the same pple. i thought they belong to the legal community altogether.

my bad but still they must have very good foundation of english before they can form such long sentences!

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    oh yes, they aren't the same pple. i thought they belong to the legal community altogether.

my bad but still they must have very good foundation of english before they can form such long sentences!
    nope that's a gross understatement. on another note here's the best way to dealing with your bully. Do a magic trick and make your pencil disappear.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Interesting thread.
    Nothing much you can do about bullys other than to avoid a confrontation and walk off.
    Will this let the bully win? yes.
    Best way to not let the bully win? get involved in a fist fight...
    What can you do to irritate? take their photo, but risk retaliation

I will carry more pencils with me now. Need to practice that neat magic trick.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

just to clarify a few points brought up previously.

if you are attacked, you CAN fight back, but the level of physical violence used MUST be proportionate to that of the attacker. e.g. if your assailant attempts to slash you with a sword and you feel that your life is in danger, so you smash his head in with a brick to defend yourself, you'll be considered to have acted in self defence.

if its a fist fight and there are 2 assailants against you, AND you feel that they intend to and can inflict severe bodily harm on you, you can use an everyday item (like the magic pencil we love so much) as a weapon to defend yourself and not be charged.

if its a monster of a man against you and your skinny friend (and you're acting in self defence), you will not be charged if both of you fight him. if both of you are bigger sized or the same size as your assailant, even if he started the fight, the 2 of you can be charged since you're ganging up on him.

if you watch 2 people fight and not attempt to stop them/ report them to the police, you can be charged as well (for rioting, public disorder etc.)

ok i can't think of anything else at the moment. It's mostly correct i think, i got this info from my brother, who's a police officer. Had a guy threatening to attack my close friend with a parang, and since i hang arnd with my friend alot i wanted to know what my rights were if he attacked when i was with my friend.

to sum it up, you'll not be charged if:

1) You can prove that you believed your life to be in genuine danger
    2) You used force proportionate to that of the assailant, and only to stop the assailant from continuing his assault
    3) You reacted in a way that any other sane and reasonable person would have in your circumstances
    4) You believed that there was little or no chance of you escaping without defending yourself.

hope this helps, and i hope you never need this info

Just walk away from it.
    It is a once-off matter from a chance encounter.
    Not life long and unjust bullying that you dread returning to each day.

Well, for the latter, I am not suggesting you do this, but I have heard of people going to certain place to arrange for somebody to deal with the bully. It is expensive and highly professional. No messiness, no dramatics, no trace. We are not talking about giving the bully a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Just walk away from it.

Well, for the latter, I am not suggesting you do this, but I have heard of people going to certain place to arrange for somebody to deal with the bully. It is expensive and highly professional. No messiness, no dramatics, no trace. We are not talking about giving the bully a punch.
    i must be out of touch with the law, din know this is legal liao...

since when har?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i must be out of touch with the law, din know this is legal liao...

since when har?
    u dunnoe meh? human life these days is berily cheap one.

vince123123
    Guests

I would certainly love to hear of where this place is, can be a handy resource

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Just walk away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I would certainly love to hear of where this place is, can be a handy resource
    can. It's called the seedy underbelly of life!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    u dunnoe meh? human life these days is berily cheap one.
    with all the inflation, i still cant afford "cheap" things that are not daily essentials. definitely not my daily essentials...

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    can. It's called the seedy underbelly of life!
    tried Google Earth but turned up nothing... is the spelling correct?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 25th July 2008 at 12:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12