Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303538394041424550 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too!*

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Be glad that he can be sold for half that price. Maybe the cowboys can market him to the rugby leagues in their homeland.
    mind you, they call it FOOTBALL over there

maybe kite will fit right in as their right outfield runner but kanna tackle, i think kite finished. become minced meat.

Deregistered

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    we got so much $$ meh.... curry berry.... kauz

Emmanuel Mendy (Murcia Deportivo), Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras) and Vincent Lucas Weijl (AZ Alkmaar)
    ---> who these clowns???
    who are they? Never heard before..
    Yea laa... dont later like leeds utd go into debts. than now screwed up club.
    LATEST!!! BARRY STAYING AT VILLA!!!

Aston Villa have announced that Liverpool transfer target Gareth Barry will be staying with them.

Reports earlier on Wednesday had suggested Villa and Liverpool were close to agreeing a deal to take the England international to Anfield.

But the summer-long saga appears to finally have been brought to a close by a statement on Villa's official website at around 5pm BST.

It read: "This evening, Aston Villa can announce that Gareth Barry will be staying with the club following the interest from Liverpool over recent months.

"During discussions in the past few days, a final deadline to conclude this episode was set that all parties were aware of and agreed to. This deadline has now passed and so Gareth will remain with Villa."

Earlier this week Rafa Benitez confirmed that he still wanted to sign Barry despite splashing out 18million on Tottenham striker Robbie Keane.

But he admitted he would have to sell players in order to fund a deal for the England midfielder.

It appears he couldn't manage to do that in time to meet Villa's deadline.
    wa confused.
    hahahhaa

it gets stranger n more confusing!! the plot thickens...
    Dam COnfusing.. say want come, than dont want come. i think he sad that Lobby Keen took his number 7. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    season have not stuck, rafa starting to make us vomit blood liao
    think can standby MO for blood...
    got garment subsidy boh????

maybe garment oso long time suffering LFC fans.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

BARRY TO PUT IN TRANSFER REQUEST?

Gareth Barry could hand in a transfer request in an effort to force through a move to Liverpool despite Aston Villa saying the deal is dead.

The midfielder has yet to formally request a move - despite telling the media that he wants to play for Liverpool - because it would see him lose a loyalty bonus.

But now reports suggest that the Reds will encourage Barry to hand in a transfer request to try and force Villa to accept an offer despite the passing of a deadline.

Although Villa have declared the deal dead after Liverpool failed to come up with the funds by 5pm on Wednesday - with suggestions that the Reds missed the deadline by 15-20 minutes - there is cynicism that the story is over.

The Daily Mail is still sticking by their Wednesday afternoon exclusive that Liverpool have come up with a 19m deal that involves Steve Finnan moving the other way and claim that the deal will go through on Thursday.

This despite Martin O'Neill declaring: "Naturally we're all absolutely delighted that Gareth will be staying at Villa Park and relieved to find a resolution and closure to the saga," said O'Neill.

"We had a very positive meeting on Monday when it was agreed between Gareth, his agent [Alex Black], Mr [Randy] Lerner [the chairman] and myself that a deadline should be communicated to Liverpool to finally resolve the situation. Liverpool were informed and that deadline came and passed. Now we can all look forward to the coming season with relief, anticipation and ambition."

Martin O'Neill gona pissed off totally soon if Barry do a transfer request.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Martin O'Neill gona pissed off totally soon if Barry do a transfer request.
    then we dun sign him. hahhahahahaa

Deregistered

dont know why they dont want sign David Silva.. Not like he is worth 19Million ?

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    dont know why they dont want sign David Silva.. Not like he is worth 19Million ?
    raf999 works for manCircle utd

Deregistered

raf999 works for manCircle utd
    yeah lah. think think think one circle come back, still cannot get this mind off Curry Berry.

Tml games r top 4 teams against each other. If 3rd and 4th lose then 1st n 2nd would run away and become a 2 horses race.....

yeah lah. think think think one circle come back, still cannot get this mind off Curry Berry.
    he think curry berry will be a fantastic lover for him.

2008-08-01 16:30 anyhowwhack fc - domino f.c
    2008-08-01 16:30 bLaZeR F.C. - Chao Ah Beng FC
    2008-08-01 16:30 SlumberPool - Japanese AV Stars FC
    2008-08-01 16:30 RedSpot - ANG MO KIO Kampong
    2008-08-01 16:30 grumpy babies - Taurean
    2008-08-01 16:30 The Devils - Transversite United

fixtures of the round. top 4 facing off each other.

Keane Comes Armed With Grenades...

It is customary at this stage of pre-season to talk of Liverpool and jigsaws. As one wag in a Merseyside paper put it last season, Liverpool have found the last piece of the puzzle in Fernando Torres...and now all they have to do is find the rest of the pieces. In signing Robbie Keane, Benitez has secured a piece that could allow Torres build on his phenomenal first season - and in that, the signing may well be critical.

The Spanish goalador is sure to get much closer attention this season from Premier League opponents - but Keane's presence up front should ensure that a 'stop Torres, stop Liverpool' strategy does not become the simple mantra of Liverpool's opposition.

Bill Shankly once famously advised his number seven Kevin Keegan to just go out there and drop hand grenades all over the pitch. Rafa Benitez, as a student of the club's history, will likely offer similar advice to Keane. For the Liverpool supremo, the Irishman's 'game intelligence' was critical in his decision to bring him to Anfield and will be key in unshackling a more closely-policed Torres.

Keane's own reputation and consistent knack for goals will mean that he will be a danger in himself. And the Irishman should dovetail nicely with Torres if his productive partnership with Dimitar Berbatov is anything to go by. But even if Keane acts as more distraction than partner, then Liverpool should benefit. Dropping grenades, blowing holes in opponent defences - giving Torres space and time to exploit.

Keane's ability and flexibility mean that he can play as a front man (useful should Torres need a rest or be injured), as a second striker, or indeed on the right or left of a three behind Torres. Given how much Benitez likes to tinker, Keane is a dream. The Irishman is a punchier, more creative, and more compelling support player to the Spanish striker than Dirk Kuyt - and should allow Steven Gerrard to drop back into the centre of midfield or to the right side of a midfield four (as he has done with great effect in the past) should Liverpool go 4-4-2.

If 4-2-3-1 is the order of the day, then Keane and Gerrard will most likely be joined by Babel as the three behind Torres. A potentially devastating front four by any measure - considering that last season, they scored 88 goals between them.

The only danger for Liverpool in that formation - which Benitez seemed to favour in the back end of last season - is that they become congested in forward positions, as none of the four provide natural width. But as has been shown in the recent European Championships, the solution to the width problem lies in marauding, touchline-hugging full backs who create space for their forward players to exploit infield. So if Liverpool are to make a convincing challenge for the Premier League this season, then there is just as much of an onus on the new attacking full-backs Degen and Dossena to perform as there will be on the 20million Irishman.

Ultimately, the extra injection of quality that Keane provides should allow Liverpool to compete for the title this season. Should such a challenge materialise, then it is likely that Keane's massive transfer fee will be forgotten - much as Torres' was last season. Should Liverpool flop, then it will be as if one of Keane's grenades inadvertently rolled under Rafa Benitez's office chair and blew him out the door marked exit.

Paul Little

2008-08-01 16:30 anyhowwhack fc - domino f.c
    2008-08-01 16:30 bLaZeR F.C. - Chao Ah Beng FC
    2008-08-01 16:30 SlumberPool - Japanese AV Stars FC
    2008-08-01 16:30 RedSpot - ANG MO KIO Kampong
    2008-08-01 16:30 grumpy babies - Taurean
    2008-08-01 16:30 The Devils - Transversite United

fixtures of the round. top 4 facing off each other.

im not afraid of ah guas

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    im not afraid of ah guas
    u're the ah gua buster/

Deregistered

sian. i scared of the blackmagic ..

sian. i scared of the blackmagic ..
    hope u buang.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    im not afraid of ah guas

of cos u not afraid, u love forming circles with them!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    of cos u not afraid, u love forming circles with them!

wahahahahhaa

then he dance in the center.