Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too!*

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    xpert 11's next round, this evening!

2008-07-28 16:30 domino f.c - UnitedMan FC
    2008-07-28 16:30 Chao Ah Beng FC - grumpy babies
    2008-07-28 16:30 SlumberPool - Transversite United
    2008-07-28 16:30 Japanese AV Stars FC - anyhowwhack fc
    2008-07-28 16:30 bLaZeR F.C. - RedSpot
    2008-07-28 16:30 ANG MO KIO Kampong - The Devils

clash of the round for 6th placing.
    Clash of the mid-tables! Wah sei... all have new signing except me!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (25!)- You'll Never Walk Alone! *Xpert 11 discussions too

Hey just want to extend an invite to all CS Forum pple to join my fantasy league at www.premierleague.com

Set up your team and join my league.

Code to join my league: 407347-86010

Show me what you got!

Cheesecake come join leh.. frenly lah

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Hey just want to extend an invite to all CS Forum pple to join my fantasy league at www.premierleague.com

Set up your team and join my league.

Code to join my league: 407347-86010

Show me what you got!

Cheesecake come join leh.. frenly lah
    wat is tat??

too many online games liao.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

REDS CLOSE IN ON KEANE DEAL

Liverpool should complete the 18million signing of Robbie Keane within the next 24 hours.

It is understood the Republic of Ireland international has undergone a medical today.

If there are no problems with the tests, Keane may even be able to fly to Spain tomorrow with the Liverpool squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Villarreal.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez completed the finals stages of negations with the Tottenham striker over the weekend, with the fee likely to rise to 20million with add-ons.

The full medical reports usually take 24 hours to complete, but Liverpool are believed to be confident that there will be no problems with the 28-year-old.

Keane is expected to sign a five-year deal worth around 80,000 per week to join the club he has supported since boyhood.

For Keane it also represents the opportunity to play in the Champions League.

The move to Anfield will be the fifth big transfer of his career, with Keane having previously played for Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan and Leeds.

Keane has become Benitez's number one summer target over recent weeks, with the need to replace Peter Crouch more important that pursuing the complicated, protracted, move for Aston Villa's Gareth Barry.

With the prospect of Xabi Alonso now remaining at Anfield, Liverpool may now decline to respond to Villa boss Martin O'Neill's demand that they make their intentions regarding Barry clear.

Liverpool's response is that Villa have turned down four bids for Barry and the Merseysiders will not meet an 18million valuation.

Benitez will now be unwilling to allow full-back Steve Finnan, a possible makeweight in a deal for Barry, to leave the club.

That is the consequence of new signing Philipp Degan being expected to need surgery on a groin injury which will rule him out of the start of the season.

There is also the likelihood that Alvaro Arbeloa could return to Spain for 6million in the coming weeks, the Spanish international having expressed a desire to return home for personal reasons.

All such problems will be put aside by Benitez when he is able to unveil Keane as the new strike partner for Fernando Torres.

BARRY STILL WANTS POOL MOVE - REPORTS

Gareth Barry is reportedly still intent on leaving Aston Villa this summer for a club, preferably Liverpool, offering him Champions League football next season.

Barry was given a standing ovation by Villa supporters when he was introduced as a substitute during Saturday's Intertoto Cup match against Odense on Saturday. Afterwards, manager Martin O'Neill, who barred Barry from training for two weeks in response to the midfielder criticising him, spoke positively of the player, claiming that "It's very obvious we value him more than Liverpool do".

According to reports, O'Neill will meet with Barry this week and offer him an improved contract in order to persuade him to stay in Birmingham for at least another campaign. The Sun claims that O'Neill will 'propose a hike in Barry's weekly wage from 42,000 to 63,000, confirm the midfielder will continue his role as captain at Villa Park, throw in a 1m glamour game for Barry's testimonial and smother his wantaway star with love and praise.' The Times adds that 'the new contract will also stipulate that he can leave at a reduced price next summer.'

However, The Independent predicts that the attempt at reconciliation will end in failure as 'Barry will continue to press for a move to Liverpool'.

'The Aston Villa captain's personal view has not changed despite a much more conciliatory position from the club's fans and the Villa manager, Martin O'Neill. Both Barry and Liverpool are hopeful that talks between the two clubs will move forward this week and Barry himself is still grimly resolved that he has to be playing for a Champions League team next season,' the newspaper reports.

'He wants to play Champions League football next season at Liverpool or, failing that, at Arsenal. The 18m valuation placed upon him has given both clubs cause for doubt but it has not changed the way the player himself feels.'

Liverpool are still yet to answer the letter sent to them almost two weeks ago by O'Neill detailing his demand for 18m if Barry is to move to Anfield. Yet, rather than signalling a cooling in their interest, it's thought that Liverpool have simply been focused on recruiting Robbie Keane for Tottenham. Once that deal is completed, and the Irishman's move is reported to be imminent, they will once again turn their attention back to the task of recruiting the England international.

ANG MO KIO Kampong - The Devils 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    SlumberPool - Transversite United 4 - 2 (1 - 1)
    domino f.c - UnitedMan FC 3 - 0 (3 - 0)
    Chao Ah Beng FC - grumpy babies 3 - 1 (1 - 0)
    Japanese AV Stars FC - anyhowwhack fc 3 - 1 (2 - 1)
    bLaZeR F.C. - RedSpot 3 - 0 (2 - 0)

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    ANG MO KIO Kampong - The Devils 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
    SlumberPool - Transversite United 4 - 2 (1 - 1)
    domino f.c - UnitedMan FC 3 - 0 (3 - 0)
    Chao Ah Beng FC - grumpy babies 3 - 1 (1 - 0)
    Japanese AV Stars FC - anyhowwhack fc 3 - 1 (2 - 1)
    bLaZeR F.C. - RedSpot 3 - 0 (2 - 0)
    wa my new gk concede oni 1 goal.

i tot sure kena humtum!

i tot sure kena humtum!
    waaa got 1 shocking lost result.

Member/Tangshooter

waaa got 1 shocking lost result.
    Haha..the ah guas buang!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Haha..the ah guas buang!
    This friday is the big crash between the TOP 4 team. Ohhh nooo me playing away to you.

This friday is the big crash between the TOP 4 team. Ohhh nooo me playing away to you.
    waaaa

exciting.

trannies utd falling into dog fight for 5th placing.

Deregistered

waaaa

exciting.

yeaa.. hahaha!

Deregistered

Disppointing..

52 3 - 0 Penalty miss by Pirro Solana in domino f.c
    63 3 - 0 Penalty miss by Dale Roseblade in UnitedMan FC

Chances: 6 - 1 (5-0)

Wah.. play Bruise and Cheat arh...

my striker injured till 8 August..

my midfield and defend dam power liao.. HAHAHA

Wah. Totally unexpected result. I forgot to set my tactic for the last game, and it turn out to be a dominant victory for my team. But the Ah Guas playing 4-2-4. Lucky my defence still manage to hold on
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Haha..the ah guas buang!
    waaaa

exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    yeaa.. hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wah. Totally unexpected result. I forgot to set my tactic for the last game, and it turn out to be a dominant victory for my team. But the Ah Guas playing 4-2-4. Lucky my defence still manage to hold on
    I itchy hands rest a lot of players for my next game against The Devils. In e end, my gamble failed....

i tot sure kena humtum!
    walaoo another of my defender out for rest of the season ... no choice but to play super offensive from now on liao..

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    walaoo another of my defender out for rest of the season ... no choice but to play super offensive from now on liao..
    wa, try gk out for season. damn sad!

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    I itchy hands rest a lot of players for my next game against The Devils. In e end, my gamble failed....
    Good, good, good! Pls thrash The Devils please..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    It looks like you rest almost all of your midfield Well, beat the Devils in the next game and it will be all worth it

4-2-4....I still can't believe it
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

KEANE COMPLETES LIVERPOOL SWITCH

Liverpool have completed the signing of Robbie Keane in a deal worth 20.3million but the fall-out with Tottenham over the transfer continued following more comments from Daniel Levy.

Spurs chairman Levy has dropped his complaint against Liverpool to the Premier League but insisted he did not "regard it as a transfer deal" due to the way the deal was conducted.

He said: "I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and he submitted a transfer request to this effect."

The initial concerns over the comments of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez and accusations of "working behind the scenes" effectively accused Spurs' Premier League rivals of tapping-up.

The official complaint was withdrawn after an apology and a donation to the club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

Levy added: "I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction. I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of 19million as compensation plus a potential further 1.3million in additional compensation."

Keane issued a statement on Monday night, which read: "I would like to place on record my thanks to the board, players and fans of Tottenham for the past six years, which were the best and most enjoyable of my career to date.

"I will never forget them. I would specifically like to thank chairman Daniel Levy for understanding, that, as a fan, joining Liverpool is a lifelong dream of mine and one I couldn't let pass me by.

"I hope one day the Spurs fans, who have been brilliant to me, can understand this too.

"I have only good things to say about my time at Tottenham and expect them to go from strength to strength under Juande Ramos and Daniel Levy."

Keane, the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland captain, has agreed a four-year deal at Anfield after undergoing a medical at Liverpool's Melwood training ground and could now form a mouthwatering partnership in attack with Fernando Torres.

With the possibility of midfielder Xabi Alonso now staying at the club, Benitez may have to sell Jermaine Pennant, Andriy Voronin and Alvaro Arbeloa to balance to books.

That could mean that Gareth Barry's transfer saga from Aston Villa may drag into the new season.

Spurs assistant boss Gus Poyet told Setanta Sports 1: "It's difficult to take because Robbie was everything to Spurs and we thought he would be here for a long time. We hope to get a player to replace Robbie."
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 29th July 2008 at 09:12 AM.