Thread: Case for basic dslr in backpack

Default Case for basic dslr in backpack

hi guys...recently got a backpack and i would like to place my D40+18-200mm lens in a compact and fitting case(dont want to be moving around inside) to be placed inside my backpack for storage when not in use. Dun wan too expensive. just need to protect the cam from my laptop and some cables. Anyone has such a same setup? what case do you use for protection?

Or should i just get a soft pouch and chuck my camera inside and forget about it?

Default Re: Case for basic dslr in backpack

can get those inserts to put into ur backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by rotisiao View Post
    hi guys...recently got a backpack and i would like to place my D40+18-200mm lens in a compact and fitting case(dont want to be moving around inside) to be placed inside my backpack for storage when not in use. Dun wan too expensive. just need to protect the cam from my laptop and some cables. Anyone has such a same setup? what case do you use for protection?

Or should i just get a soft pouch and chuck my camera inside and forget about it?
    since you mentioned that its going to serve as a storage when not in use.. why not you spend a little on dry cabinet instead? it can better protect your investment and control the humility in the air... especially important during the rainy season. Plus.. depending on how big the storage place you got for yourself, you can also use it for others lenses which u might invest in future

just a little suggestion from me
    Alpha 350 + CZ16-80 + Minolta 50 1.7 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by destiny86 View Post
    since you mentioned that its going to serve as a storage when not in use.. why not you spend a little on dry cabinet instead? it can better protect your investment and control the humility in the air... especially important during the rainy season. Plus.. depending on how big the storage place you got for yourself, you can also use it for others lenses which u might invest in future

just a little suggestion from me
    I think he is talking abt for travelling.

For hardcases, i have yet to see cheap ones since u say u wanna put ur lappy and camera inside. So perhaps softcases will work well for u. Just plan carefully how u would stuff ur items inside, using the clothing as additional cushion as well.
    cameras are not made of tofu

YO TS here's a link i found recently i think you are talking about these partition like things right?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=bag+partition

hi..rotisiao...orient photo sells neoprene material soft case for dslr. i am using 1 myself. it's shaped as a dslr, thus i think it is exactly what you are looking for cause it protects against bumps and scratches...i am outside now..try to upload a photo of it when i have time tonight...

price: about $25
    Loving my Minolta

hi guys...recently got a backpack and i would like to place my D40+18-200mm lens in a compact and fitting case (dont want to be moving around inside) to be placed inside my backpack for storage when not in use. Dun wan too expensive. just need to protect the cam from my laptop and some cables. Anyone has such a same setup? what case do you use for protection?

I guess what you wanted is something to protect your cam in your normal haversack. Yes?

If so, I've got one that is a D-Midsize, which fits a D40. Your 18-200mm may just be able to fit in.

I find the soft pouch useful, since I don't need a dedicated camera bag. If you want it, you can get from me. Cheers.
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

u can buy a lowepro cirrus TLZ15...$20..it will keep ur d40/18 200 inplace when put in ur backpack. u can sling it or belt if u want too..
    Last edited by drewdam; 18th July 2008 at 09:24 PM.

my suggestion for alternative.. any size also can fit in.. only cost u $5 at popular bookshop

Quote Originally Posted by candleghost View Post
    my suggestion for alternative.. any size also can fit in.. only cost u $5 at popular bookshop

thanks guys for all the recommendations...actually got a softpouch like the one i quoted 3 days ago at Daiso $2.

so far so good.

Sounds great! Where can this Daiso be found?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    at the stationeries there

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    daiso is located at plaza sing, imm, vivocity. not sure if there are any other branches.