Thread: Sunset at Kensington Gardens

Default Sunset at Kensington Gardens

Please feel free to comment...

hi lolc;

Here is my honest opinion. Please don't take it personally yah?

The swan is placed to low in the shot and the silhouette is neither here nor there. Although your title says sunset @ Kensington Gardens, thare is really nothing in the shots thats says "Kensington Gardens"

i reckon i know what you were trying for so, good on you for sharing and trying..

Keep shooting.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

u either need a wider lens (LOL)
    or aim lower with less sky more water...
    if metering is a problem then bopianz... or get a graduated filter...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Pegasus
    Guests

Critisize is always easily than taking good photographs. Sigh.. Just wondering aloud. If given the same situation, do you think you can do better?

Originally posted by Pegasus
    Critisize is always easily than taking good photographs. Sigh.. Just wondering aloud. If given the same situation, do you think you can do better?
    who me? LOL
    so you think this photograph was a difficult shot?

Pegasus
    Guests

Originally posted by denizenx
    who me? LOL
    so you think this photograph was a difficult shot?
    No, no, no.. I'm not talking about you.

Just wondering aloud over a recent comment a friend made to me, when I start to critise his photos. I think the photographer in question probably did his best then, except that the lighting was not to his advantage..

Actually, it doesn't matters whether the person who commented is able to take a better pic or not. The bottomline is whether the comment is useful or not.

frankly speaking, i would prefer ppl to comment on the negative aspect of the pic rather than giving those or 'excellent', 'good shot' kinda of comment. If i would to post a pic, asking for comment, i would want to learn from it.

If all the feedbacks were positive, the pic better be a super good pic! if not, wht have we learn or gain from all that??!!

Just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Pegasus
    No, no, no.. I'm not talking about you.

Just wondering aloud over a recent comment a friend made to me, when I start to critise his photos. I think the photographer in question probably did his best then, except that the lighting was not to his advantage..
    oh goody... "u wd not like me when I'm angry growl!"
    I understand lah... sometimes a place has this very nice mood, and u take a shot of what u hope to capture it. but it doesn't come out.
    when I look through ppl's photos I just say things like "wow this one is nicely shot!" or "aiyah this one wasted, could have been etc etc" unless I kow the other's a photo buff then I ask how he/she took it lor... not so much tactful but rather doing it constructively... unless in jest hehe

anyway back on track...
    if the above pic is cropped to square format, u can actually use the top square and the bottom square, and BOTH wd work quite nicely.

of cos WG's still right about the Kensington Park, although, unless u know what's it like, short of shooting the signboard it's very hard to show the place.

Thanks for all your comments.

Pegasus, indeed, when I looked at this picture, I thought I capture the sunset mood... but I knew something was not right.
    I wanted to capture the swan. But, yet, when I looked at it, it seems to be a bit distracting coz there are 2 POF.

Thanks denizenx for pointing this out. I think you are very right that I should crop away the sky. Do you think this is better?

Wolfgang, I would agree with you that the picture doesn't tell anthing about Kensington Gardens. I wasn't intending to shoot anyhting pertaining to Kensington Gardens, I think I used the wrong title. Maybe I should rename to something like "a swam bathing under the setting sun..." or something like that

Pegasus
    Guests

wonderng aloud. The photo would be prefect if the sunset rays were to hit the water and illuminate the swam? Think need some smart alex to do some photo editing to create that special mood.

But guess, sometimes taking photos need patience and timing and lots of patience.. a luxury most of the time when travelling..