Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After buying all that gear...

Default Re: After buying all that gear...

Aiyo....rent out the equipment lah. Can earn extra cash.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Hear hear. Great way to try out those 3k+ lenses to see if you reall will use it.
    $50-80 over the weekend to try it out, why not?
    I rented the 35/1.4L & loved it.
    Do it when you got a shoot so as to fully test it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Aiyo....rent out the equipment lah. Can earn extra cash.
    Got danger if its damaged.
    Crack or scratch, then rentee say not his fault...

Ehh.. The O's are not so forgiving in letting me shoot regularly nowadays =/
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

To me it is a matter of "NEED to have" or "WISH to have".

Whatever I can afford, I will buy those NEED before cosidering what I WISH.

Same to what goes inside the dry cabi. After all that BBB and because of shooting preferences, some lenses are really useless even though expensive. I will sell it.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

I shoot more & with seriousness during film days, with digital, everything seems too easy, preview, printouts, so getting more lazy.

Waiting for negatives & positives to be processed seem like waiting to collect salary - eagerness.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    ...do you ever get the nagging feeling that you don't really use them often enough? I sometimes do. No, this is not just a case of "don't use the lens often thus better to sell it off lar" but its just that sometimes you wonder if spending all that moolah and let your investments just sit in the dry cabi most of the time (due to work/lack of time/opportunity to shoot) is kinda wasteful, don't you think?

If you are a full time working adult and/or with a family to take care of (especially during the precious weekends), I think finding time to indulge in this hobby is quite difficult. I am a single working adult but still I usually only shoot on one day per weekend...in the past when I was more enthusiastic I used to shoot on both days even...but now the enthusiasm has somewhat died down I find myself shooting less frequently, though I still try to shoot whenever I can and if the mood strikes me.

Even so I just find that I don't really use my gear often enough to justify the expenditure on it.

So what are your views on this?
    you could always pass your gear to me. promise i'll put them to good use =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    I shoot more & with seriousness during film days, with digital, everything seems too easy, preview, printouts, so getting more lazy.

Waiting for negatives & positives to be processed seem like waiting to collect salary - eagerness.
    Heh. I totally agree with you. Somehow, the feeling is just different. I like to hear the loud whir of the film advance.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    ...do you ever get the nagging feeling that you don't really use them often enough? I sometimes do. No, this is not just a case of "don't use the lens often thus better to sell it off lar" but its just that sometimes you wonder if spending all that moolah and let your investments just sit in the dry cabi most of the time (due to work/lack of time/opportunity to shoot) is kinda wasteful, don't you think?

If you are a full time working adult and/or with a family to take care of (especially during the precious weekends), I think finding time to indulge in this hobby is quite difficult. I am a single working adult but still I usually only shoot on one day per weekend...in the past when I was more enthusiastic I used to shoot on both days even...but now the enthusiasm has somewhat died down I find myself shooting less frequently, though I still try to shoot whenever I can and if the mood strikes me.

Even so I just find that I don't really use my gear often enough to justify the expenditure on it.

So what are your views on this?
    Sell your expensive hobby gears and turn pro lah. Just like me no more 500mm etc etc even my wimberey II gimbal head sold off, those are expensive gear and hardly earn you any $. Shoot products, commercial and corporate earn money and yet enjoy shooting.

On a serous note yes, that came to me some times back, the nature photography part.

Actually even when you are a pro, the lenses that is being used is not as often too.

The the lens which I used most will the the 50mm f1.4 and 60mm for product shoot.

As for events, 17-55 and 85mm f1.4

Other lenses just sit in the back or the dry cabinet.......

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Sell your expensive hobby gears and turn pro lah. Just like me no more 500mm etc etc even my wimberey II gimbal head sold off, those are expensive gear and hardly earn you any $. Shoot products, commercial and corporate earn money and yet enjoy shooting.

On a serous note yes, that came to me some times back, the nature photography part.
    Thats a good one..LOL Steven, think you should consider

PE, really hope to see u in the field again. BBB 600mm VR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Actually even when you are a pro, the lenses that is being used is not as often too.

The the lens which I used most will the the 50mm f1.4 and 60mm for product shoot.

As for events, 17-55 and 85mm f1.4

Other lenses just sit in the back or the dry cabinet.......
    I have less lens than before just 14-24f2.8, 24-70f2.8 and 70-200f2.8 enuf to cover from aerial to Corporate and PR

For products and commercial just the RZ and 645 AFDII with some lenses suffice liao : )

Hey Garion, my suggestion is to vary your shooting theme, all the time nature also very boring. Work out various theme based on the season eg. Nov - Feb festivities and some nature birding (migratory season) etc July - Aug NDP, Fire works etc etc many that will make it less boring. And if still boring than go and find yourself a girl it is about time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy69 View Post
    Thats a good one..LOL Steven, think you should consider

PE, really hope to see u in the field again. BBB 600mm VR
    Hehehehe 600mm VR too heavy, me old man no strength. But 600mm good for ego to show who has bigger and longer

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Hehehehe 600mm VR too heavy, me old man no strength. But 600mm good for ego to show who has bigger and longer
    You not old lar.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12