Thread: Budget of S$200 for a camera bag

Default Budget of S$200 for a camera bag

I'm currently looking to get myself a bigger camera bag as my current Fastpack 200 is becoming insufficient as my lens and accessories get more. I would prefer a sling-style type of bag. I saw one ThinkTank sling at John recently, going for S$179, not sure of the exact model though. Looked good, anymore recommendations ?

Thanks guys

Default Re: Budget of S$200 for a camera bag

how much bigger?

what equipment do you have?

note that carrying too much equipment around will also pwn your ability to shoot. there is no point lugging 5 or 6 lenses around and ending up too tired to focus properly on your shot proper.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    how much bigger?

what equipment do you have?

note that carrying too much equipment around will also pwn your ability to shoot. there is no point lugging 5 or 6 lenses around and ending up too tired to focus properly on your shot proper.
    Cause now when I squeeze in my 40D with grip, it's already stretching the seams so I want something which is easier to close. and has faster access to the camera.

Suggest you go down to Cathay Photo to take a look. They have quite a number of bags.

One of the brands that they carry is Lowepro : http://www.lowepro.com/

Do note that the price tags on the bags are before discount. "Rule of thumb" is you can get them for about half the price on the tags.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTan89 View Post
    I'm currently looking to get myself a bigger camera bag as my current Fastpack 200 is becoming insufficient as my lens and accessories get more. I would prefer a sling-style type of bag. I saw one ThinkTank sling at John recently, going for S$179, not sure of the exact model though. Looked good, anymore recommendations ?

Thanks guys
    List your gears here so we can know what you want to put in.
    Also check out http://www.cambags.com/

Bring all your gear to the shop and see if it fits in
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

"Bring all your gear to the shop"

Hmm, anyone notice that TS has a problem bringing everything he has in the bag he owns? Haha!

Slingstyled bag.. Crumpler 7mdh? Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW?
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

I was thinking of trying not so mainstream brands like ThinkTank, Domke, KATA and Tamrac. I have a gripped 40D, Sigma 24-70 (huge lens - requires 82mm filters), EF 100/2.8 Macro, 50/1.8, 430EX, cleaning stuff (microfibre cloth, blower, lenspen). I forsee myself buying one more lens in the near future too.

You may want to try Lowepro Slingshot 200, 250 or 300. They are sling style bags with easy access to the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    "Bring all your gear to the shop"

Hmm, anyone notice that TS has a problem bringing everything he has in the bag he owns? Haha!

Slingstyled bag.. Crumpler 7mdh? Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW?
    Plastic bags are cheap and can provide a temporary (or long term) solution :P
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Thanks guys
    Are you referring to Speedfreak? But it also comes with waist pouch carry option. It can hold a body with lens attached. But if you need to put it in with the grip, you may need to rearrange the inserts abit. Probably 2-3 more lenses and it should be full. Good thing is that you can add extra add-ons on the waist puch support. That can allow you to increase another few lens/ flash. But the weight is going be an issue if you go to that extent, and rather bulky.

The other 2 that may fit the price that you mentioned is probably change up and UD30. But their capacity is lesser than speedfreak.

You could try Tamrac velocity 8 or 9. I am not used to using sling, but I think if you are specifically looking for sling, it might suit you.
    Loving my Minolta

I was thinking of trying not so mainstream brands like ThinkTank, Domke, KATA and Tamrac. I have a gripped 40D, Sigma 24-70 (huge lens - requires 82mm filters), EF 100/2.8 Macro, 50/1.8, 430EX, cleaning stuff (microfibre cloth, blower, lenspen). I forsee myself buying one more lens in the near future too.
    Domke F-2?

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    Domke F-2?
    Domke is super nice
    THANKS
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Domke is super nice
    THANKS
    Glad u like your F-6...

I like the F-6 too ! I'm planning to get that. Looks a bit like the Billingham Hadley Original. That's a dream bag but too expensive for me now
    Last edited by MarkTan89; 17th July 2008 at 11:02 AM.

i hv a 7 million bag...
    max i think can fit in d80 with grip n 16-85 attached, 50mm f1.8,sb600 + another mid-large sized lens n a big diffuser from golden white.

Tamrac Adventure messenger 5 good choice.... give it a try, wun regret it and it is definitely within your budget.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!