Thread: Offstone and Clubsnap

Default Offstone and Clubsnap

hey is there any relations between these two forums??? coz i found tat they are very similiar lehz ~~

some of the members there are members here

Both uses vBulletin, and on photographers/photography mainly in Singapore.

oh ... i tot is rivals sia ...

Clubsnap is the breakaway from HWZ. Offstone is lance's personal photo forum ?

KingKongChar
    Guests

Offstone guys are more PRO in photography and Clubsnappers more of equipment chasers

Originally posted by KingKongChar
    Offstone guys are more PRO in photography and Clubsnappers more of equipment chasers
    Pro or not, no comments. But Offstoners sure are more concerned about your photographs than your equipment.

Just take a look at some of the signatures here with i own this camera blah blah...and these lenses blah blah....haha.

Deregistered

I'm on both. OS for my more serious thots and critiques on my shots. CS more for friends and fun (and the occasional amusement of silly stuff kekeke...). As Reno77 has said, its a breakaway from HWZ, lots of HWZ pple here still. But I'd say that OS is definitely not Lance's personal forum, even if he started it.
    Pro or not, it is a never-ending argument, so lets stop short of that, shall we?

Default Re: Offstone and Clubsnap

Originally posted by West_ray
    hey is there any relations between these two forums??? coz i found tat they are very similiar lehz ~~
    both are 8 letters. that's about it man.

Thumbs up

Offstones & members hold exhibitions with SHM regularly. Everyone help out. The people there are nice and mature. Flaming thread are unheard off.

~~ ar ... just wanna know whether these two forums got any relations ~~ not to start any flamable thread though ~~

Yeah, they both promote photography in Singapore, and support the photographic community here. and i must say, both doing an excellent job so far!

Historically speaking, Clubsnap did breakaway from HWZ and Offstone was indeed started by Lance.

They have more in common than we think they do. The approaches might differ slightly (Group outings and photo shoots VS exhibitions and meetings at SHM), but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Comparing differences between the two is like comparing Nikon VS Canon!

Originally posted by West_ray
    ~~ ar ... just wanna know whether these two forums got any relations ~~

If I'm not wrong, offstone was the successor to Asiaphoto.com after it closed down. Offstone is the brainchild of Lance Lee, though he himself was an active member in Asiaphoto.com (so I heard).

wah ! ... Lance Lee seem to me tat he is a SOMEBODY ar ... any of his work or pic of his own ???

Deregistered

Just browse thru OS and you'd find some of his works. Then again, there are a number of very good pro folks there - focused on the photograph/imaging rather than on the technicals.

Allen
    Guests

Default Be Singaporean

Yes, be Singaporean.... go join both and have the best of both worlds:

1) Great great equipment
    2) Nice Nice pictures...

Ta da!!! There u have it.

Anyway there are many REAL photo clubs out there, like Photographic Society of Singapore, Photo-Arts Association of Singapore, Singapore Colour Photographic Society, Bukit Merah (SAFRA) Photo Club, Kg Glum C.C. Photo Club and many many more, you guys can join them too... at least they exist physically !!!! Kekekeke... I join all of em! Kiasu rite?

Offstone n Clubsnap are interest groups.

Deregistered

Originally posted by Revo
    Offstone n Clubsnap are interest groups.
    Yep, each with its own main focus.