Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Head of Ren Ci arrested

Smile Re: Head of Ren Ci arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i have stop donating since the nkf issue...
    Me too.
    Only donating to those "compulsory" monthly ones like CDAC/Community Chest which they do it by GIRO.

Default Re: Head of Ren Ci arrested

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Me too.
    Only donating to those "compulsory" monthly ones like CDAC/Community Chest which they do it by GIRO.
    Anyway to stoping donating to them? I think is paying them instead of donating. B'cos "donating" is give willingly. But monthly I have to give them when they do not even ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    please keep religion out of this discussion thread
    Then close the thread

Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    Anyway to stoping donating to them? I think is paying them instead of donating. B'cos "donating" is give willingly. But monthly I have to give them when they do not even ask for it.
    Go to their website, then look for their email and contact number

then
    1) call them u are cancelling
    2) send a email to them to cancel
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Charities should be more transparent.

Wasn't it lately that I read a news article on the law requiring frequent checks on charities?

Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    do you really have to?

" The venerable's lawyer, Andre Yap, said: "Our position would be that everything that was done was for a legitimate cause. It is not a case where a person has basically taken the money and used it to buy a house or buy shares for himself...

"It's a question of corporate governance; it's a question of how you treat certain things in the accounts and what should be done.

"Some of the charges relate to matters which the previous board of Ren Ci had discussed at board meetings and had even sanctioned. So we don't believe that there's a criminal element to many of these charges."
    always the Light, .... always.

he wouldnt have be charged if the evidence was scanty...

not for a high profile case like this where obviously he would get good legal representation.

its true that perhaps we should not judge until the final outcome, but this is an internet forum end of the day and theres never any rule against speculation.

this isnt the only case tho of monks living the high life. doubt it will be the last too... so many times been to funeral see all the monks come to pray.. then see what car they drive off in.. more often than not is big bmw or mercedes benz...

[QUOTE=jdredd;4175100]its true that perhaps we should not judge until the final outcome, but this is an internet forum end of the day and theres never any rule against speculation.
    QUOTE]

i dun think the judge will be posting the verdict here.

More to come!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123