Thread: How to get this effect?

Default How to get this effect?

http://tomshen.clubsnap.org/gallery/...inya_46_50.htm

How do I take such photos with my C730 please? And can someone recommend me an adaptor for 52mm lenses and filters please? (Is 52mm ideal?)

Thanks!

ClubSNAP Admin

Default Re: How to get this effect?

Originally posted by KSeet
    http://tomshen.clubsnap.org/gallery/...inya_46_50.htm

How do I take such photos with my C730 please? And can someone recommend me an adaptor for 52mm lenses and filters please? (Is 52mm ideal?)

Thanks!

The Effect is call Photoshop

Default Re: Re: How to get this effect?

Originally posted by Simon
    The Effect is call Photoshop
    Haha..is it? Don't have such filters ah? In Photoshop, how to do? Thanks!

I quote from Ziploc's reply in this thread from Tomshen's

I'm not sure how tom did it, but this is how I normally do to soften a portrait shot using PS7:

1. Drag the background layer to the New Layer icon at the bottom to create a new copy of the background layer.
    2. Use Gaussian blur to blur the new layer.
    3. Adjust the blending mode and opacity of the new layer to get the soft effect according to taste.
    4. Create a layer mask on the new layer by using Add Layer Mask, Reveal All.
    5. Open the brush tool, adjust the opacity of the brush to about 50%. Brush on the parts you want to sharpen with black. Brush repeatedly on the same spot if you want to sharpen more. If you made a mistake and want to make correction, brush it with white.

Thanks for the info SniperD! I'm playing around with it now! Thanks!

Originally posted by SniperD
    I quote from Ziploc's reply in this thread from Tomshen's

I'm not sure how tom did it, but this is how I normally do to soften a portrait shot using PS7:

1. Drag the background layer to the New Layer icon at the bottom to create a new copy of the background layer.
    2. Use Gaussian blur to blur the new layer.
    3. Adjust the blending mode and opacity of the new layer to get the soft effect according to taste.
    4. Create a layer mask on the new layer by using Add Layer Mask, Reveal All.
    5. Open the brush tool, adjust the opacity of the brush to about 50%. Brush on the parts you want to sharpen with black. Brush repeatedly on the same spot if you want to sharpen more. If you made a mistake and want to make correction, brush it with white.