i've been reading up on color management & monitor calibration all over the net.
now a bit the confused with questions all over my head.
1) I'm using a laptop to edit photos (i know it's not the best esp compared to monitors, but laptop portable), i noticed that when u tilt the screen slightly fwd/ backwds, or if u sit higher/ lower, the brightness/ details change.
is there any standard way of viewing to minimise error?
2) i noted there are 2 versions of eye one 2 display: pantone eyeone display 2 & original gretagmacbeth eyeone display 2.
are both versions still being sold? price of each?
i read the northlight review but doesn't say much in the diff btw the two. any other differences?
3) spyder3 pro or elite seems to draw many negative reviews as compared to eyeone2. is this the general feel here with clubsnappers? any latest updates on price difference?
4) any compatibility issues for both spyder & eyeone with windows vista?
5) i noted eyeone2 can calibrate cameras. does anyone actually calibrate his dSLR?? what does it mean?
6) so after u calibrated ur monitor & u edit ur photos happily & u bring it to the shop for printing, do u need to provide them any info?
can't simply say my monitor is calibrated, right?
also, if the printer doesn't calibrate with the same software as urs, wouldn't ur colors not turn out right?
7) wrt color temp (white pt), i know there are diff schools of thought: standard 5K, newer generation like to use 6.5K, some even advocate 5.5-5.8K because it simulates midday lighting, others recommend leaving it as "native" (settings of the monitor/ laptop).
if i'm using laptop, would u recommend i leave it as native? any pros/ cons?
8) after calibration with the hardware, do i need to go open photoshop software to edit any settings? how about windows viewer? will a photo look the same when i open it in photoshop vs that on windows viewer? (vista)
9) can i easily revert back to normal settings of my LCD screen? because i understand after calibration, it usually gets dimmer. prefer a brighter screen when surfing net.
will not ask the 10th qn, cos i think too many questions liao.
will deeply appreciate any answers, for someone new in this field.
thanks in advance.