Thread: Taboo.

Deregistered

Default Taboo.

I just shaved off my hair just now on impulse, feeling cool now, but then my family didn't really like it, and they know I'm shooting for a friend's wedding on saturday.

They say it's a taboo. And it's a christian wedding I'm shooting for. I dunnoe but is it really a taboo? I don't really believe in such things, so it never occured to me that others might see it as a taboo. I think all I can do now is to wear a cap on saturday.

What do you folks think of shaving hair? They say in the bible it's done when they mourn. So I guess it's a taboo and wrong thing of me to do. I shaved also cos next monday I'm going for ICT, thought it would be cooler for me.

And worse, I got driving tomorrow, I hope I can practice with my cap on and hope my instructor don't ask me to take it off

Shaved off.. as in really everything gone??

Taboo or not.. not very sure..never hear b4 also..

Deregistered

Well, there's about 5mm left on my head all around, shorter then BMT style.

My sister says it's a taboo, so just polling around in kopitiam here see the response.

Cos I'll feel bad if that day I go shoot and my friend's relatives/parents don't like, I don't mind getting into trouble, but I don't like to get others into trouble.

can u post ur self portrait ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Deregistered

megaweb:

You've met me before what... just minus the hair, I'll get a portrait shot on sat done on me, wait for it. My camera put into my bag liao a bit lazy to take it out.

/me emphasises: see got swivel LCD how nice

Shaving of the head in Christian aspect (basing it on Anglican/ Lutheran/ Presbi/ Methodist theological arguements), has NO implication to wedding and stuffs... no mourning or whatever.

Dun worry, it's practical and in view of the recent weather, I think it will be cooler. I'm sure your parents' wouldn't want you to kenna any heat injury during training

If uncomfortable about how the wedding couple would comment, just wear a cap.. works everytime!

Whether you believe in this or not doesn't matter, but the couple or their parents may believe in it, so better you ask beforehand, I guess. I never heard of it, eventhough I went to a Roman Catholic Highschool myself, but then again I am not a Christian. To me it is a supersticious thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with Christianity, it may be a local thing.

Hong Sien

Deregistered

Kewl. Thanks for the clarifications SniperD

Actually, I'm not afraid of the couple, they probably won't mind anything at all, actually me more afraid of the relatives/parents don't like, you know, old folks

Yep will be wearing my cap there. Thanks folks!

my hair is also between 5 to 15mm long (depending on when i had it cut), so far, yet to hear anyone saying anything.

Deregistered

Originally posted by hongsien
    Whether you believe in this or not doesn't matter, but the couple or their parents may believe in it, so better you ask beforehand, I guess. I never heard of it, eventhough I went to a Roman Catholic Highschool myself, but then again I am not a Christian. To me it is a supersticious thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with Christianity, it may be a local thing.

Hong Sien
    Ok... Hope they don't mind I wear cap.

Originally posted by espn
    Ok... Hope they don't mind I wear cap.
    i got a nice warm beanie cap you can borrow...

can i take your photo??? *innocent look*

Deregistered

@ Larry

I've got my own cap, thanks you can take as many shots of me as you like, if you can find me first

Originally posted by Larry
    i got a nice warm beanie cap you can borrow...
    Fwahh......

eek
    i cant imagine espn with no hair

can i take ur portrait also? haha or maybe i just take that pic i took of you and shave off the hair :P

Deregistered

Well just imagine me with no hair, anyway you'll see me on sunday with a cap. You're welcome to snap me, but then must snap my back cannot snap face... and in return you must let me snap you How's that? Your portrait for mine.

Think it's quite a big hoo-ha to see a bald guy walking around my estate and in office. Lucky fo me my boss not around and monday I go back camp. Heehee.