Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Hi Im new

  1. #1

    Default Hi Im new

    Hi all, Im cherry New in this forum as well as new in photography. Very interested in photography and hope to learn more technical things from you seniors.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    welcome ... remember to go for SEED and the outings for newbies ...

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi thankz for your kind reply
    actually im intending to buy a camera to start with but im too inexperience to know wat to buy
    hahaha
    hope to get some help

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    uhmm ... you looking at film or digital? ... budget??

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    WELCOME!!!

    actually like what eug says, SEED sounds like the ideal place for you to begin. plenty of people to give suggestions and pointers for getting a new camera.

    Click here to find out what's SEED!!!

    Click here to find out when's the Next SEED!!!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Check these out too ...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=21296
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=&threadid=983
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=10545

    By the way don't overwhelm yourself by trying to digest everything in this forum at one go ...

  7. #7

    Default

    actually i prefer film but i think i want to get digital cos i dunno how to develop pics
    heehee
    pathetic
    how much do you guys think i got to spend for a standard equipment?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    standard equipment?
    Whah this is broad man ... standard equipment for a amateur, semi-professional or professional?

    amateur: $500-$2,000
    semi-professional: $1,500-$3,000
    professional: $3,000-$50,000

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    actually i prefer film


    but i think i want to get digital cos i dunno how to develop pics

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    ... kidding ... digital is very convenient and allows alot of personal manipulation ... uhmmm why don't you give us a budget ... and actually what sort of photos are you shooting and what kind of camera size are you looking at? Will you be doing big prints?

  11. #11

    Default

    Hi Cherry,

    Join us in the chatroom!

    http://irc.clubsnap.org

    Log in around 9-10pm.

    We could discuss more into detail of which camera you can get.
    My Photoblog
    Canon 350D,kit lens,Canon 100mm Macro,Coolpix 5000.

  12. #12

    Default

    Thought this should be in the newbie forum?

    Anywayz, regarding SEED.. I also very shy to attend. Its a human norm that whenever a forum or club starts, groups/clicks forms and hence normally newbies who attend such outings will feel out of place. They normally stick to their groups and chatter amongst them. (I have attended sooooooo many forum/channel/game outings and this always happens)

    This will definitely happen unless some individual/s make an effort to try to ease the newbies into the "lao jiaos".

    Just my 2 cents.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    446

    Default

    This will definitely happen unless some individual/s make an effort to try to ease the newbies into the "lao jiaos".
    Look for LARRY ....

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    Thought this should be in the newbie forum?

    Anywayz, regarding SEED.. I also very shy to attend. Its a human norm that whenever a forum or club starts, groups/clicks forms and hence normally newbies who attend such outings will feel out of place. They normally stick to their groups and chatter amongst them. (I have attended sooooooo many forum/channel/game outings and this always happens)

    This will definitely happen unless some individual/s make an effort to try to ease the newbies into the "lao jiaos".

    Just my 2 cents.
    Go for photo-shoot outings.....
    That helped me alot.....

    NiVleK... saw Ur reply here

    Think will try organise an outing next week.... Maybe U can feedback where U like to go and wat U like to do?
    Think maybe newbies will click together better.... since they join SEED around the same time.....

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by xin
    Go for photo-shoot outings.....
    That helped me alot.....

    NiVleK... saw Ur reply here

    Think will try organise an outing next week.... Maybe U can feedback where U like to go and wat U like to do?
    Think maybe newbies will click together better.... since they join SEED around the same time.....
    *glurps* the "U" like very fierce sia..

    Anyway, I do agree that perhaps the best way is through photo-shoot outings. Sooooo... now I also trying to find time to go and also to pick up more photography knowledge. Sian...school starting soon..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Welcome Cherry!!

    I think our dear CS mascot aka Larry and his gang has formed a newbie's table for SEED. All newbies can actually mingle there and get to know each other so there's more interaction and less strangeness of left-alones...

    Larry...? the 1st newbie's table gathering was very welcome.. Let's start another one?

  17. #17

    Talking

    Originally posted by cherry
    actually i prefer film but i think i want to get digital cos i dunno how to develop pics
    heehee
    pathetic
    how much do you guys think i got to spend for a standard equipment?
    hehehe ..... me alzo dont noe how to develope leh ..... hehehehhee ...... but me not uzing digital alzo ..... hehehehehe ......

    wat u can do iz do let uz noe ur budget n wat u like to shoot ..... maybe some of uz can help frm there .....


  18. #18

    Talking

    Originally posted by NiVleK

    Anywayz, regarding SEED.. I also very shy to attend. Its a human norm that whenever a forum or club starts, groups/clicks forms and hence normally newbies who attend such outings will feel out of place. They normally stick to their groups and chatter amongst them. (I have attended sooooooo many forum/channel/game outings and this always happens)
    Originally posted by xin

    Go for photo-shoot outings.....
    That helped me alot.....
    nivlek, dont shy dont shy ..... me agree with xin ..... go for thoze photoshootz orgainized by any of uz .....

    For me, it all started at a JBP outing lazt dec with AG, BS they all .....

    Originally posted by NiVleK

    This will definitely happen unless some individual/s make an effort to try to ease the newbies into the "lao jiaos".
    like me said ..... 1 thing u can do iz to go for photoshootz .....


  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by FOOXX
    hehehe ..... me alzo dont noe how to develope leh ..... hehehehhee ...... but me not uzing digital alzo ..... hehehehehe ......

    wat u can do iz do let uz noe ur budget n wat u like to shoot ..... maybe some of uz can help frm there .....

    Everytime i read your wordz, I really get very confuzed.

  20. #20
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Welcome

    I'm also new. Just joined

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •