Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Melbourne - Great Ocean Road

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default Melbourne - Great Ocean Road

    Here are some shots taken at Great Ocean Road, Melbourne. Newbie photographer here, so comments on how I can improve my shots are very much welcome.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/18872195
    http://www.pbase.com/image/18872200
    http://www.pbase.com/image/18872244
    http://www.pbase.com/image/18872248
    Last edited by A70; 10th July 2003 at 02:38 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Cannot view... direct link from pbase is not allowed.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Edited my post already. Still cannot?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbs
    Posts
    50

    Default

    yup...still cannot...maybe provide us the link instead...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Please refer to the links in the previous post. Looks like I need some other server to host the photos. Any free and good ones that allow direct links?

  7. #7

    Default

    Any pics of the 12 Apostles without the sun ? You should avoid taking pics of the sun directly, it caused a lot of flare in the pics and might damage your camera.

  8. #8

    Default

    nice shots

    1st and 2nd shots got too much flare

    3rd shot is good

    4th shot is the foreground is too dark .. should have wait longer
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    hi

    what time of the day were u there when the shots are taken?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Originally posted by reno77
    Any pics of the 12 Apostles without the sun ? You should avoid taking pics of the sun directly, it caused a lot of flare in the pics and might damage your camera.
    This one does not have a direct glare. The direct shots were experimental, to see what kind of effects can be achieved. Also unfortunately, the sun was in that position.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/18892524

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    hi

    what time of the day were u there when the shots are taken?
    It was about 3pm for the first 2 shots, and about 5pm for the 3rd and 4th.

  12. #12

    Default

    The 3rd and the 4th pictures are nice.
    But for the 4th pic, I would prefer to capture more of the sea and less the dark beach. That will make the sun not centered, but that should be OK. Just like one of Avatar's shot.

  13. #13

    Default

    third picture is the "london bridge" which was supposed to be connected to the mainland, but due to wave action, broke off, leaving 2 tourists stranded on the isolated arc who were rescued by helis later

    A70, did u take any pictures at Apollo beach/Lorne?

    at Lorne, there's this cottage likehouse kinda like below a cascading tall waterfall that leads to a brook/stream...

    its not known to many pple, but that place is for photography and stay

    cheers

    PL

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Originally posted by plsoong
    third picture is the "london bridge" which was supposed to be connected to the mainland, but due to wave action, broke off, leaving 2 tourists stranded on the isolated arc who were rescued by helis later

    A70, did u take any pictures at Apollo beach/Lorne?

    at Lorne, there's this cottage likehouse kinda like below a cascading tall waterfall that leads to a brook/stream...

    its not known to many pple, but that place is for photography and stay

    cheers

    PL
    Yeah. Heard about the story from our guide. Supposedly the couple stranded there were married, but not to each other, so imagine the attention they got.

    And nope, I don't remember going to Apollo beach. We were on a day tour, so didn't get to spend much time at each place, and don't really remember the names of the short stops we went.

  15. #15

    Default

    well, I stayed abt 2 nights at Lorne, but not sure what cottage you refering to
    did visit upper & lower kalima(sp?) falls though, if that rings a bell...

    ..NuTs..

    Originally posted by plsoong
    ....
    A70, did u take any pictures at Apollo beach/Lorne?

    at Lorne, there's this cottage likehouse kinda like below a cascading tall waterfall that leads to a brook/stream...

    its not known to many pple, but that place is for photography and stay

    cheers

    PL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •