K1 Grand Finale
The K1 Grand Finale, to be held at the newly built F1 Pit Building at Marina Bay, is the culmination of months of excitement built up by K1ís tour of the heartlands. As an official National Day 2008 Celebrative Event, K1 will be giving back to the community by donating part of the proceeds to charity.
On 26 and 27 July 2008, the F1 Pit Building will be transformed into a huge carnival area, with sights and sounds to titillate all your senses. While the focus is definitely on Motorsports, the carnival has been designed to maximize the FUN-FACTOR and appeal to the whole family, making it a perfect weekend outing destination.
Motorsports buffs, this is what you can expect:
- Drifting and stunt driving demos by the best international drivers in the business
- Drifting Clinics for the public conducted on-site by professionals (please drop us a mail at email@example.com if you are interested to sign up)
- Stunt Driving Clinics for corporate clients
- A chance for lucky members of the public to sit in a drifting car
- Go-karting on the F1 track
- Night-karting, using track lights that have been purpose-built for Septemberís F1 races
- Supercar, dress-up car, classic car and Formula car displays
- Pit Crew Challenge Ė Get together a group of four and take part in this challenge of skill and speed to win prizes (hint: one of you should know how to change a tyre)
Other highlights of the Grand Finale:
- M-bassador Search 2008: K1 is redefining the face of Motorsport. We are on the lookout for girls and guys who donít just look good. Out with the skimpy outfits and blank smiles, and in with babes and dudes who can hold their own in any situation and challenge.
- Tamiya Remote Control Challenge Ė How well can you parallel park a remote-controlled car? Show off your skills at this parking challenge and more and win prizes
- After-hours party on the 26th from 8pm to 11pm, featuring local bands and urban dance groups
- Stage performances and games
- Food & beverage bazaar
- Kiddy rides (also suitable for the kids-at-heart)
Entry to the Grand Finale is FREE!
PS. We are in the process of adding even more exciting activities to the list, so be sure to check back for updates!
How to get there?
The F1 Pit Building is located beside the Singapore Flyer and is within walking distance of Marina Square, Suntec City and Millenia Walk.
By MRT (Mass Rapid Transit)
City Hall MRT Station is about 10-15 minutes walk away from the F1 Pit Building
Take public buses 106, 111 and 133 to Temasek Avenue
By Shuttle Bus
At 15 minutes intervals from a to-be-confirmed pick up point