View Poll Results: Who is going to buy iPhone?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me!

73 43.98%
  • Not buying.

93 56.02%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: who buying iPhone?

Default Re: who buying iPhone?

For hard reset, I assume you can just hold on to power button and home button it will reset itself after 10 secs or so.
    My **flickr Album

i totally agree to your querks.
    although i don't own a iphone, i am in the mids of deciding whether should i get it.
    as iphone is a "connected" phone if you don't subscribe to plans that is like 1gb.

i don't surf much on the go and i will only surf it when i am at wifi spot. so this is my dilemma

then i'd advice u not to get it. else if u dun like for watever reason, u r stuck w a 2yr plan
    just my 2c

and also like wat bro cheeseme mention up there:
    "Imagine...
    Cannot do MMS? Nvm, it can send via email. Don't have 5MP? Nvm, 2MP is good enough. No memory card slot? Nvm, 16GB is already too much. Got fault to fix? Nvm, I can live with it. What's most important? I have an iPhone! Haha, what's this???"

hahaha

how come people keep talking about the "cannot MMS" issue? do you all actually MMS a lot?

I find that surfing net using Safari has the best experience, so far no other phone or PDA can match its ease of use and convenience. Apple has made internet surfing on a small screen possible with least pain.

Thumbs down Re: who buying iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    how come people keep talking about the "cannot MMS" issue? do you all actually MMS a lot?

I find that surfing net using Safari has the best experience, so far no other phone or PDA can match its ease of use and convenience. Apple has made internet surfing on a small screen possible with least pain.
    true... but I managed to crash it several per day... I wonder if it's really buggy.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Heheh... you forget that it's an iProduct and people will buy it...

http://cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif
    apple products is always too over hyped. There are way more apple loyal supporters than nikon or canon supporters haha. To me, iphone is just a waste of money as i rarely touch my phone. Surfing the net on a small screen, i think i rather save eye energy for a nap from a hard day work. Not to mention it is an apple product, only sync with apple computers, a big minus point for office dudes who needs to sync calender with windows outlook.

i wonder if it can vpn in office network to download mails, another important feature why most people chooses blackberry and nokia E series over these.

safari browser is really cool to use but has its problem, alot of secure websites doesnt support it, like internet banking etc.

sorry i am not an apple fan, but really like its ipod nano. just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Benosaurous View Post
    Not to mention it is an apple product, only sync with apple computers, a big minus point for office dudes who needs to sync calender with windows outlook.

i wonder if it can vpn in office network to download mails, another important feature why most people chooses blackberry and nokia E series over these.

safari browser is really cool to use but has its problem, alot of secure websites doesnt support it, like internet banking etc.

sorry i am not an apple fan, but really like its ipod nano. just my 2c
    Firstly, it DOES sync with outlook.

Why most people chooses BB or Nokia.. is because the iPhone 3G is just available worldwide... it takes time to penetrate corporate IT as there are a lot of cost involved.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

No iPhone for me, I'm getting the HTC Touch Pro when it lauched in sg in sep, the spec is so much better than iPone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    No iPhone for me, I'm getting the HTC Touch Pro when it lauched in sg in sep, the spec is so much better than iPone.
    hope you like using "windows"
    all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by edesign View Post
    hope you like using "windows"
    all the best!
    haha... there's no such thing as a flawless software in the world, so doesn't matter which OS, so long as you get use to it. I like Windows better as it's easier to hack.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    haha... there's no such thing as a flawless software in the world, so doesn't matter which OS, so long as you get use to it. I like Windows better as it's easier to hack.. haha
    Isn't it easier to hack because it's more broken?

Got a 16gb one last week. Had some problems syncing the phone for the first time and it went into recovery mode. I had to restore the phone and it works well now.

Its just unrealistic to compare it to any other PDA phones, its just not the same. Sure, it doesn't do things that my O2 can do but others, it does it better. Its a dumbed down version of a PDA phone but its got all the things I need without having me to remember how to access to them when I need them. Its just so easy to use and mind you, an intuitive user interface is not easy to design.

I frowned upon the lack of a stylus but touch screen messaging proved to be faster, for me. Speed is so much faster than any other PDA phones I used before. I used to fall asleep waiting for my O2 to load a page. Battery life is similar to what was mentioned before but its not a big issue, I plug the phone in whenever I have the computer. Even down to 20% of power left and starts giving out warnings, it can still go on standby for another 3 to 4 hours.

I especially like how the SMSs are organised according to the phone nos. Only problem is that you can't forward a message anymore.

I'm not a hardcore fan of Apple. My previous purchase was a 2nd generation Ipod more than 5 years ago. I've just decided to give the Iphone a try and so far, it didn't disappoint.

I'm just wondering though... if what Singtel is offering is truly value for money in terms of their price plan... Thats the only thing holding me back, knowing how Starhub or M1 might launch their iphones sometime later this year...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

dont think. just "BBB"

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    dont think. just "BBB"

Wahhh pro buy iPhone.... when can meet up lim kopi and let me play with your iphone...

Just an update on the battery life. Now that my battery is fully conditioned (I think), I'm getting up to more than 3 days of standby time with normal phone usage (average about 10 -15 calls and 15 smses a day). I followed the tips for battery conservation and found that turning off 3G when I'm not using it really helped a lot.

What firmware you guys are having? I understand the latest is 2.1 and there are several improvements over the previous OS firmware, including better battery performance. Refer to today's Digital Life.

I'm using the latest and its free to download from iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondu View Post
    What firmware you guys are having? I understand the latest is 2.1 and there are several improvements over the previous OS firmware, including better battery performance. Refer to today's Digital Life.
    yup.. true.. the battery life has improved significantly.. no data to support though but its obvious.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345