View Poll Results: Who is going to buy iPhone?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me!

73 43.98%
  • Not buying.

93 56.02%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who buying iPhone?

Default Re: who buying iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    It's true that the service provider won't sell unlocked phones, but it's the law that they be unlocked at the owner's request after the contract has finished. You can buy some unlocked phones, also, but they're usually from another country and without warranty. Usually, those phones sold under contract are much cheaper. e.g., a Nokia 6085 is US$199 but is "free" with the contract.

I don't know of any place that sells just the SIM card. You usually have to buy a cheap phone with the pre-paid SIM card.
    There are couple of reasons why cellphone here are backwards lah. One of them is that US uses GSM 1900 and GSM 850... while the rest of the world uses GSM 900 and GSM 1800... So not many phones are made for GSM 850/1900 to begin with.

But if you want those cool looking tri/quad band phones from asia, as long as you live in a big city, there are shops in chinatown which carry models which are unlocked.

Also, i noticed that generally ang mo like big stuff... everything the bigger the better... LOL... To us US cellphones look big bulky and ugly, to them... its cool and nice looking... IMO, iPhone is the first real phone in US. Hopefully more companies will make cool and nice phones for the US market. Until them iPhone is the "best phone in the world"

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    There are couple of reasons why cellphone here are backwards lah. One of them is that US uses GSM 1900 and GSM 850... while the rest of the world uses GSM 900 and GSM 1800... So not many phones are made for GSM 850/1900 to begin with.

But if you want those cool looking tri/quad band phones from asia, as long as you live in a big city, there are shops in chinatown which carry models which are unlocked.

Also, i noticed that generally ang mo like big stuff... everything the bigger the better... LOL... To us US cellphones look big bulky and ugly, to them... its cool and nice looking... IMO, iPhone is the first real phone in US. Hopefully more companies will make cool and nice phones for the US market. Until them iPhone is the "best phone in the world"
    Yes, bigger is better. Phones were becoming too small to use. I saw some early 1990s movie with the huge analog phone and can't imagine anyone putting that in their bag or backpack now.

I have a quad band Nokia hand phone I got just to visit outside the U.S.A. but it's still locked to AT&T pre-paid for now. It's not much use as their service is poor and it disconnects too often. I feel bad for iPhone users in this area. My "real" hp is on Sprint's service but it's CDMA, not GSM, so it can't be used much outside North America. GSM service is much better than 9 years ago, but it's still bad in the U.S.A compared to CDMA.

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Guess how many iPhone 3G were sold in first weekend?

Answer: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/07/14iphone.html
    Hi, when will it be available in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Hi, when will it be available in Singapore?
    most likely end sept/early oct

dun bother getting iphone....

omnia outrules iphone big time...

omnia has 5mp, iphone 2mp..
    omnia has touch interface and iphone like surface and "theme" as long as u go dl the correct programs.. so that doesnt make iphone any special anymore..

omnia has build in 16gb, same as iphone.. but omnia can expand another 16gb more. i phone cant expand..

omnia can install window mobile software that has flo feeling when using the mp3 player.. the "itune" feeling..

the design wise i think omnia look better than iphone..

some might argue htc looks nicer... i wouldnt agree with it..

htc cannot expand memory card i think...

Not really interested. not really into the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by iluj4ver View Post
    dun bother getting iphone....

omnia outrules iphone big time...

omnia has 5mp, iphone 2mp..
    omnia has touch interface and iphone like surface and "theme" as long as u go dl the correct programs.. so that doesnt make iphone any special anymore..

omnia has build in 16gb, same as iphone.. but omnia can expand another 16gb more. i phone cant expand..

omnia can install window mobile software that has flo feeling when using the mp3 player.. the "itune" feeling..

the design wise i think omnia look better than iphone..

some might argue htc looks nicer... i wouldnt agree with it..

htc cannot expand memory card i think...
    You can't with the HTC Diamond. (built in 4 GB) I was considering the Diamond and the Omnia but waiting for the 8 gb version which seem to take forever to come. I don't need the memory as it will never be used for music. But the Diamond's VGA kicks both the iPhone and Omnia a$$ heheheheh.....well I have deduce it down to picking either one to get but waiting for the prioce to dip abit more as I never get a phone with a contract. ( a happy hiCard user with a nice number I would not give up) So every bit helps heheh...Although I was hoping to see the X1 from Sony come out for a 3 way toss up but...it has so much delay...I suspect they hold it back to tweak it more to fight the iPhone in feature. From what I saw it already beat the iPhone in features and other cool stuff. But I suspect it will be pretty expensive when it comes out without a contract.

I might invest in one... I like the look but hate to see everyone using the same phone as mine... good eg is nokia phone... everyone carry nokia phone everywhere, I never own any nokia phone since 2004.

(normally i change mobile phone every 4-6 month.)
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

It looks as though SingTel is informing interested people that they've got more details on the way. http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/06/...tonia-romania/

The more I see iphone, the more I wanna buy. But it's only for singtel subscribers right?

11 more days to go (as what wrote on Today(newspaper))

Just to share with everyone.

It's official coming to Singapore on August 22nd.

http://www.singnet.com.sg/edm/2008/iphone3g_2/

Yup its already confirm that iphone will launch in Singapore on the 22th Aug 08.

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Yeah read about it in today's ST's DL section. Problematic. Any phone that can't handle calls ain't worth its salt. Technology like kenna rewinded back to the 90's infamous ZONE PHONE! Really killed my interest, tot it will be the phone to get once my contract is up but I guess its back to SE until Apple fix it.

Cant wait for Singtel and I got da 8Gb iPhone thru other sources. :

Pros: Luv tis fun phone very much. I had already installed 3 full home pages of softwares, some pictures and 400 hundred over recordings of birdcallings for my bird photography and I still have more than 6Gb.
    Cant imagine using da 16Gb model.

Con: Spent too much time gaming over it the phone ran low.
    They should sell extras batts.

Buy Buy Buy

http://home.singtel.com/singtel/ipho...up_iplans.html

Seriously worth it to buy the iphone at these price with so still quite a handful of problems unsolved?
    flickr
    Canon 450D, EF 50mm f1.4, EF-S17-85mm IS USM

Read through the FAQs and saw this....

6) Can I send and receive MMS?
    MMS is not available from the iPhone handset.

Not sure if anyone noticed....

Why no MMS????

Quote Originally Posted by justshot View Post
    Read through the FAQs and saw this....

6) Can I send and receive MMS?
    MMS is not available from the iPhone handset.

Not sure if anyone noticed....

Why no MMS????
    seriously! you're not aware that mms is not available on iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiji View Post
    http://home.singtel.com/singtel/ipho...up_iplans.html

Seriously worth it to buy the iphone at these price with so still quite a handful of problems unsolved?
    After Singtel put me on hold for nearly 30 minutes, this is what I found out for my case: -

1. In order to buy the iPhone, I definitely have to change my subscription plan - which is the minimum iOne Plus. But buying the iPhone at $698 just simply isn't worth it. I might as well go buy the Ominia instead.

2. I am currently using a corporate account (thanks to my Dad). The price plan I'm currently using is $14 per month. So add up all the other fees every month my handphone bill is around $25 - still less than the iOne Plus.

3. I just bought a phone around last November so if I get the iPhone, I have to top up an additional $100.

4. I can do a trade-in.

But even if I trade in, willing to top up the additional $100 & sign on with the iTwo plan, it's still way over the top over for a phone.
    Last edited by mich_2103; 20th August 2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Wrong info!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast