View Poll Results: Who is going to buy iPhone?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me!

73 43.98%
  • Not buying.

93 56.02%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: who buying iPhone?

Default Re: who buying iPhone?

I refuse to buy it out of protest. I strongy object to Apple trying to force consumers to do anything they demand. Apple says "Jump" and people are meant to say "How high?!". The insolence they demonstrate by demanding that people only use the phone under a service provider they stipulate is nothing short of ridiculous. If I, the consumer, purchase something I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it!!!
    Cameras: Rollei 35, Rolleiflex-T, FinePix F700, Nikon D60, D300
    Pics: Churchwolf's Album.

The HTC Diamond looks nicer in my opinion. Anyway if everyone starts carrying an iPhone then the wow factor wun be there liao. Imagine every aunties and uncles outside oso carry same phone as u.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

I think what's tempting about the iPhone amongst all the others is its large screen and iPod support.

Of course - the hardware's there, but the software support still stinks to a certain extent (what, got GPS but no turn by turn navigation? large screen, but no DiVX support? no MMS?)

I would probably wait till more (jailbreak) apps are out.

I just bought the 8GB iPhone 3G
    It is a beautiful device and the network speed is really fast. Much better than the blackberry on EDGE
    Alot more functionality.
    The battery, however, drains super fast when one is on the 3G network as well as GPSing around alot.

Lovely piece of engineering
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs View Post
    It is a beautiful device and the network speed is really fast. Much better than the blackberry on EDGE
    Alot more functionality.
    The battery, however, drains super fast when one is on the 3G network as well as GPSing around alot.

as what u said.. battery eat up alot is already a main problem..
    Apple ipod also drain battery like nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    How much did you buy, with and without contract?
    Does the GPS work without extra cost?
    During Singtel promotion. $468 with 2 years, the $25 per month contract. I somemore found an old phone to trade in, so minus another $60.

The GPS and software is totally FOC! And it works really well. Not sure if comparing to others, the GPS was told by other forumer that it's slight less sensitive, so must go out of the house then can work well. However, this is my 1st GPS navigator, so no complain. Also dun feel much lack and battery life is definately can last more than a day or 2 under heavy usage. 5M pixel somemore + 16GB build in + microSD card slot (come with free 1GB), where to find?

Understood there is still some unmaturity in the Window Mobile 6.1, but with all those wanted features that comes along in 1 device at that price, those minor bugs is never a concern.

IMHO, Apple stuff is just another kind of status representation. So I think not many really care of its true usage, more important is who is having it. So, Apple stuff never fit into my practical need. Although I did think that the iPhone was seem to be my ideal when it broke out in News, Samsung had actually made something even closer and now physically holding in my hand, while I still not sure whether iPhone had already launched in Singapore or not.

Cheers!
    Last edited by cheeseme; 14th July 2008 at 02:09 AM.

I want one. Hi there, new here.
    Have no fear of perfection--you'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    During Singtel promotion. $468 with 2 years, the $25 per month contract. I somemore found an old phone to trade in, so minus another $60.

The GPS and software is totally FOC! And it works really well. Not sure if comparing to others, the GPS was told by other forumer that it's slight less sensitive, so must go out of the house then can work well. However, this is my 1st GPS navigator, so no complain. Also dun feel much lack and battery life is definately can last more than a day or 2 under heavy usage. 5M pixel somemore + 16GB build in + microSD card slot (come with free 1GB), where to find?

Understood there is still some unmaturity in the Window Mobile 6.1, but with all those wanted features that comes along in 1 device at that price, those minor bugs is never a concern.

IMHO, Apple stuff is just another kind of status representation. So I think not many really care of its true usage, more important is who is having it. So, Apple stuff never fit into my practical need. Although I did think that the iPhone was seem to be my ideal when it broke out in News, Samsung had actually made something even closer and now physically holding in my hand, while I still not sure whether iPhone had already launched in Singapore or not.

Cheers!
    Hi, care to share if the Omnia OS lags in execution? Meaning, when you execute an action like deleting a mail, scrolls for a name and opening it at the phone book, it pauses before you get the next screen. The pause could be pretty annoying if you are in a hurry...thx..

MEEE! When will it come to Singapore? Year end?

Quote Originally Posted by cnng121 View Post
    Hi, care to share if the Omnia OS lags in execution? Meaning, when you execute an action like deleting a mail, scrolls for a name and opening it at the phone book, it pauses before you get the next screen. The pause could be pretty annoying if you are in a hurry...thx..
    By my standard, there is no lag in Omnia.

I think i will purchase one if the price is right.
    There are so many phones in SG that can give much more function than iPhone. Hopefully they will lower the price so ppl will get one.
    flickr
    Canon 450D, EF 50mm f1.4, EF-S17-85mm IS USM

Guess how many iPhone 3G were sold in first weekend?

Answer: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/07/14iphone.html

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Guess how many iPhone 3G were sold in first weekend?

Answer: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/07/14iphone.html
    you have a very nice nickname just like iphone. :P

Alot more functionality.

HAHAHAH you showing off your 3G iphone again...... but then again... in US iPhone is the best phone cos cellphone here is so backward.....

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    HAHAHAH you showing off your 3G iphone again...... but then again... in US iPhone is the best phone cos cellphone here is so backward.....
    chong, you have the new and old iphone. dont kp so much
    Regards, Mark Pang

chong, you have the new and old iphone. dont kp so much
    huh? what new and old iphone... I bought it new and it became old?

huh? what new and old iphone... I bought it new and it became old?
    i think he mean that you own the old iphone and the iphone 3g

Quote Originally Posted by edesign View Post
    i think he mean that you own the old iphone and the iphone 3g
    yeshh
    Regards, Mark Pang

You are right!!!

Spoken to my US's friends. They were spoiled for choice when they realised in Singapore, not only Cell Phone can be bought without contracts, we got all the latest model that they could only talk about it!!! So, all and all, iPhone become their one and only choice when talking about the most features Cell Phone. Because as long as the service provider dun carry, they will not able to buy it. Unless, I understood it wrongly.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    You are right!!!

Spoken to my US's friends. They were spoiled for choice when they realised in Singapore, not only Cell Phone can be bought without contracts, we got all the latest model that they could only talk about it!!! So, all and all, iPhone become their one and only choice when talking about the most features Cell Phone. Because as long as the service provider dun carry, they will not able to buy it. Unless, I understood it wrongly.

Cheers!
    It's true that the service provider won't sell unlocked phones, but it's the law that they be unlocked at the owner's request after the contract has finished. You can buy some unlocked phones, also, but they're usually from another country and without warranty. Usually, those phones sold under contract are much cheaper. e.g., a Nokia 6085 is US$199 but is "free" with the contract.

I don't know of any place that sells just the SIM card. You usually have to buy a cheap phone with the pre-paid SIM card.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast