Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: HDD - Harnessing Memories

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default HDD - Harnessing Memories

    Trying to fill up my free time at home nowadays... Took my old HDD which has a lot of memories stored in within for a shootout.

    Setup:

    Camera: D300
    Flash: Off-horseshoe SB600 fired @ between 1/4 to 1/8
    Umbrella with reflective inner surface used.

    We often missed out things that retain a lot of our memories. Only when we lose it then we begin to learn the value of it.

    A HDD should not be taken for granted. Backup ur memories, as they are worth it...








  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories







    Have u backup ur memories?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    the title..

    then the pictures..

    very far fetched leh.. ha.. dun see the link.. the pics look like they are for documenting parts for a hardware DIY guide..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    the title..

    then the pictures..

    very far fetched leh.. ha.. dun see the link.. the pics look like they are for documenting parts for a hardware DIY guide..
    keke... juz trying to kill off some time taking an old hdd. Clearing off some old stuff and backing up so took some shots of it lor... thanx for the feedback anyway...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pasir Panjang
    Posts
    1,580

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    DOF is a bit short
    I think apterture >f11 will be better

  6. #6

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    Have u backup ur memories?
    Yes, just bought a 500GB Free Agent. Done some calculations when backing up files just now:

    1 outing ~ 2 GB RAW files + 1 GB processed TIFF and JPEG files

    Existing space left nw 390 GB divide by 3GB per outing means its gud enough for ~ 130 outings!!

    Damn!! 1TB next year??
    Infinity and beyond!!!!
    http://flickr.com/photos/ahtiow } Tangshooter

  7. #7

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    I've pp'ed one of your pics a bit for that edgy, acid look.:


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy.Zhou View Post
    DOF is a bit short
    I think apterture >f11 will be better
    Hmm... Mostly at f16. As the ratio goes 1:1 for macro, even the DOF is very shallow for 1cm. Thanx for the feedback anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahtiow View Post
    Yes, just bought a 500GB Free Agent. Done some calculations when backing up files just now:

    1 outing ~ 2 GB RAW files + 1 GB processed TIFF and JPEG files

    Existing space left nw 390 GB divide by 3GB per outing means its gud enough for ~ 130 outings!!

    Damn!! 1TB next year??
    Guess 1TB price will drop next year liao. Nowadays 2x500GB cheaper than 1TB.

    Quote Originally Posted by cjtune View Post
    I've pp'ed one of your pics a bit for that edgy, acid look.:

    Nice! Does bring out the feel of the circuit board.

  9. #9

    Default Re: HDD - Harnessing Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    H
    Guess 1TB price will drop next year liao. Nowadays 2x500GB cheaper than 1TB.
    Yeah, then can get 2x 1TB... not because I need so much space, but 2x HDD's are almost immune to data lost from breakdowns.... provided you mirror your data often between them or set them up as RAID1 (how to do this with USB HDDs on Windows?).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •