Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens advice....

Default Re: Lens advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkcw View Post
    ermm....okie...understand....but b4 i knw wht i like to shoot...i hav to knw the lens also...rite???haha
    Ok simple. 2 methods, choose 1:
    1) Get a 18-200mm. Play with it and develop your interest. Then when you have decided, get a good lens for that purpose.
    2) Get a PnS like Nikon P80. It has a super big zoom range. Similar to method 1, but P80 replaces the need for 18-200mm.
    Haha.
    The best things in life are free.

I suppose if you have money to spend for now and want to jump straight into photography before going through the tedious (but necessary) process of learning some photographic lingo, an 18-200mm should give you that kick-start. From such a versatile lens, you're able to see what kinds of photography interests you more, and as you get more experienced, you may decide to go for an appropriate lens with a smaller zoom range but better optics. So yes, 18-200 should give you that kick-start.

As for Sigma vs Nikon, or any other brands, I can't say coz I'm not a dSLR user. But as mentioned by some, make sure you get one with internal focusing motors so that you can auto-focus with your D60. As for image quality throughout the zoom range, there're lots of reviews online so you can just Google and look at their sample pictures. =) Tamron has an 18-250mm... haha!

*edit* Damn... beaten by gymak90 by 8min. Haha! Yeah, what he said...
    Last edited by karnage; 12th July 2008 at 01:32 AM.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

how about renting some lens for testing?
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    As for Sigma vs Nikon, or any other brands, I can't say coz I'm not a dSLR user. But as mentioned by some, make sure you get one with internal focusing motors so that you can auto-focus with your D60. As for image quality throughout the zoom range, there're lots of reviews online so you can just Google and look at their sample pictures. =) Tamron has an 18-250mm... haha!

*edit* Damn... beaten by gymak90 by 8min. Haha! Yeah, what he said...
    Haha Next time, try to type shorter posts.
    Tamron also use to have a 28-300mm lens. However, one thing the TS ought to know is that such super-zoom lenses tend to produce pictures of lower quality, low sharpness, low saturation etc. But maybe nowadays technology has improved, 18-200mm and Sigma 50-500mm are very usable lenses.
    The best things in life are free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12