Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Filters

  1. #1

    Default Filters

    Heya

    Do you think filters are useful nowadays? Though I exclude ND filters because undoubtedly you still need them, but i refer more to tinted filters. With digital phtoography is it still practical? After all, post processing effects can achieve colour changes in a much more 'accurate' way...

    what do you guys think?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by theroo View Post
    Heya

    Do you think filters are useful nowadays? Though I exclude ND filters because undoubtedly you still need them, but i refer more to tinted filters. With digital phtoography is it still practical? After all, post processing effects can achieve colour changes in a much more 'accurate' way...

    what do you guys think?
    why only nd filters ?

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Filters

    I think GND filters are very useful in Landscape photography
    Tinted,not so IMHO
    because as you say,the color changes can now be achieved in PS
    maybe there're still purists out there who believe in minimal PS ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Filters

    i think only cpl, nd, gnd are useful now, and i heard some like BY/Blue-gold filter can deliver good effects, buy yea, ps all the way nowadays.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    why only nd filters ?
    honestly i dont know much about filters and did a brief read up and saw the various types of tinted filters which i didnt see the point of (since you can just PS it) but ND filters i can see a use for for things such as slow shutter speed in high light scenarios (e.g. river scene etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Benosaurous View Post
    i think only cpl, nd, gnd are useful now, and i heard some like BY/Blue-gold filter can deliver good effects, buy yea, ps all the way nowadays.
    Please educate me :P what is CPL? is it circular polariser? - i.e. reflection reducing. in which case yeah i guess that's the only other one i suppose...

    GND is gradient neutral density right?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Filters

    GOOGLE!
    Just google both of the filters. You will be amazed at amount of information you can find by doing that.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Filters

    i think the coolest filters I've seen so far are singh ray filters but I've not had the opportunity to try them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by moos blues View Post
    i think the coolest filters I've seen so far are singh ray filters but I've not had the opportunity to try them.
    Other than a few fancy products, their usual items still works the same as other makers
    GND is still a GND

    Ryan

  9. #9

    Default Re: Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by moos blues View Post
    i think the coolest filters I've seen so far are singh ray filters but I've not had the opportunity to try them.
    at the risk of ticking off our local Google employee, why Singh ray filters?

  10. #10
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,148

    Default Re: Filters

    Google Singh Ray Filters and you will have your answer
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •