Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Masters' Degree from a poly Diploma plus 4yrs of working experience?

Default Re: A Masters' Degree from a poly Diploma plus 4yrs of working experience?

Some direct masters courses are shorter than the bachelor + master courses.

Default Re: A Masters' Degree from a poly Diploma plus 4yrs of working experience?

Heard of it, but in the creative field. Cause the degree course over in the other country has very similar course structure to what was taken during poly, so some pple can just skip the degree and go straight to Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Wondering if your friend is someone i know too.

I know of this similar incident as I was there when he wanted to sign up for a Bachelor course in engineering but got rejected and hence offered for the master course instead.
    One of the reason given was that the bachelor course is a recognized degree in australia under PE board and the school cannot take in those without relevant diploma. Then for master they have no problem as not so strict.
    something similar.

he actually went to ask abt bachelor's but was offered a master's place instead. i think it could be due to the fact that the master's is more expensive than the bachelor's course and is 2 yrs part time as compared to 3 or 4 for the bachelor's.

i can't discount the fact that $$$$ is very much a driving factor...

he has paid for the course and is due to start soon, yes, taught locally.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Has been available for a long time but many still look at Bachelor's degree. Master is just a bonus. The class of Bachelor honours is a greater factor than the Master's degree.
    oic...

thanks guys for the many inputs!!

my friend has ALREADY paid up for the course(earlier tis evening when i met up with him), for the 1st semester and he has decided to rough it out even though i've warned him and in the end, the choice is his n his alone!

quite an eye-opener, this masters' degree issue!

thanks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12