Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life as a father.

Default Re: Life as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by Luenny View Post
    Mine's different. They don't wake up early but they sleep very late. Sometimes when the lights are all off you can still feel their tiny feet walking all over the bed and stepping all over you.
    wa same as my second daughter, sleep late, and always disturd the big one.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Life as a father is not as "fantastic" as many members here have given the impression, probably becoz many members here are "young father"

Life is a long journey .... molding a young man into a responsible father/grandfather. It is like the Great Wall, with many stages for you to reconcile with many issues. There are many ups and down and though there are usually more down than ups, most ppl would conclude that it's worth the while ....

Here are the stages:

1. Baby - honeymoon period

2. Preschool -

3. Kid / Primary school - real fatherhood starts

4. Teenager / Secondary school - problematic period

5. Young adult / Tertiary - financially most taxing

6. Working adult

7. Married young man/ Young father
    always the Light, .... always.

Don't think most folks are unawares of the troubles and problems attached to parenthood.

Just that they choose to talk about the brighter aspects of it, instead of exceberating the negative.

It's all about balance, perspectives and equilibrium.

Just read the speech transcript from LKY, he said Singapore may need to follow Sweden to implement father's paternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    Just read the speech transcript from LKY, he said Singapore may need to follow Sweden to implement father's paternity leave.
    Should also consider implementing father's photography leave ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    other than spending time with wife/kids

how to find time to shoot (as hobby)

I shoot on my way to work/during lunch/on my way back home
    so everyday can still shoot

balance
    I bring camera to work and I volunteer at the Company's functions... all for the sake of photo taking and to keep my camera and the battery running.

Sometimes on the way home, I will stop when I saw someting interesting.

I once saw an car accident. I stopped and started to snap at the victim who was lying on the road.
    "... he must be a press reporter...." then one gentleman moved to me and asked " Do you enjoying taking photo of people suffering?"

I walked away and deleted all that I had taken. I vowed that I would not take such photos again!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Life as a father is not as "fantastic" as many members here have given the impression, probably becoz many members here are "young father"

Life is a long journey .... molding a young man into a responsible father/grandfather. It is like the Great Wall, with many stages for you to reconcile with many issues. There are many ups and down and though there are usually more down than ups, most ppl would conclude that it's worth the while ....

Here are the stages:

1. Baby - honeymoon period

2. Preschool -

3. Kid / Primary school - real fatherhood starts

4. Teenager / Secondary school - problematic period

5. Young adult / Tertiary - financially most taxing

6. Working adult

7. Married young man/ Young father
    As long as you are a father, you will be worrying about their well being for as long as you live!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12