Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Life as a father.

  1. #1

    Default Life as a father.

    When not shooting, will need to take care my 2 children, morning send them school, few hrs later bring them back, also need to bring them out for fun, as when busy, sometimes no time for them.

    When needed, need to bath them, guide them use toilet, bath themselves, also, poo need to clean for them.

    Now my elder girl, 3mths to 3 yrs old, know how to bath and wear cloths, very happy.

    I wonder what is installed for me when my third child coming, more busy i guess.

    As have 2 kids, i hardly go out as too busy with work and with kids, when my third child coming in Nov 2008, i guess dun need go out with friends liao, as where got time, to balance work, own life and family life.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    When not shooting, will need to take care my 2 children, morning send them school, few hrs later bring them back, also need to bring them out for fun, as when busy, sometimes no time for them.

    When needed, need to bath them, guide them use toilet, bath themselves, also, poo need to clean for them.

    Now my elder girl, 3mths to 3 yrs old, know how to bath and wear cloths, very happy.

    I wonder what is installed for me when my third child coming, more busy i guess.

    As have 2 kids, i hardly go out as too busy with work and with kids, when my third child coming in Nov 2008, i guess dun need go out with friends liao, as where got time, to balance work, own life and family life.
    Spend more time with your kids. You will never regret.

    I wish I have more but it is too late to have any more!

    Well done. Keep it up.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    When not shooting, will need to take care my 2 children, morning send them school, few hrs later bring them back, also need to bring them out for fun, as when busy, sometimes no time for them.

    When needed, need to bath them, guide them use toilet, bath themselves, also, poo need to clean for them.

    Now my elder girl, 3mths to 3 yrs old, know how to bath and wear cloths, very happy.

    I wonder what is installed for me when my third child coming, more busy i guess.

    As have 2 kids, i hardly go out as too busy with work and with kids, when my third child coming in Nov 2008, i guess dun need go out with friends liao, as where got time, to balance work, own life and family life.
    i dun even have 1, and i'm dreading of having 1... so many horror stories... esp to have 1 in sg...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i dun even have 1, and i'm dreading of having 1... so many horror stories... esp to have 1 in sg...
    now... now... wat will ur fiancee say...

    i've 2 kids... and really not much time left to shoot, unless you want to count the 'daddy duty' of shooting the kids.

    not to mention wifey and i hardly have a life... our timetable over the weekends revolve round the activity/sleep times of the kids.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  5. #5

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    It's liddat one.

    They are the REAL BOSS of the household. Even the wife loose that position once they arrive, but for guys who want to be fathers, and enjoy it, it's the sacrifice that is rewarding cos they can see how happy their families are after all that hard work.

    The other thing that is important is, parents needs to find ways to balance and manage things so that they have private time to themselves. If not, as humans and not machines, the quality of their relationship may stagnate, or suffer. Think 'Nanny' or 'Babysitter' once or twice a week.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    As have 2 kids, i hardly go out as too busy with work and with kids, when my third child coming in Nov 2008, i guess dun need go out with friends liao, as where got time, to balance work, own life and family life.
    wa...2 not tiring enough still wanna make more...you really must have planned your $$$ well or your wife must be a super charged one...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 10th July 2008 at 02:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    I have 2 kids too and it's really fun to watch them grow up. I think I kiss them more than I kiss my wife now. I love kids but I think I will stop at two. Thank God for my parents who help with taking of the kids during weekdays so I can do my pp work and personal stuff. Waiting for them to grow up abit more so we can go photoshoot together!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    now... now... wat will ur fiancee say...

    i've 2 kids... and really not much time left to shoot, unless you want to count the 'daddy duty' of shooting the kids.

    not to mention wifey and i hardly have a life... our timetable over the weekends revolve round the activity/sleep times of the kids.
    no time left to shoot? hmm... u need supplements liao...

    so no more 3rd one...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    You one good father. Keep it up, your kids will appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    When not shooting, will need to take care my 2 children, morning send them school, few hrs later bring them back, also need to bring them out for fun, as when busy, sometimes no time for them.

    When needed, need to bath them, guide them use toilet, bath themselves, also, poo need to clean for them.

    Now my elder girl, 3mths to 3 yrs old, know how to bath and wear cloths, very happy.

    I wonder what is installed for me when my third child coming, more busy i guess.

    As have 2 kids, i hardly go out as too busy with work and with kids, when my third child coming in Nov 2008, i guess dun need go out with friends liao, as where got time, to balance work, own life and family life.
    - Luenny

  10. #10

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Tried my best to work at home, till they big enough, maybe in primary 5 and above. Cos i dun wanna everything throw to helper (maid), grandmother etc, as very unfair and selfish.

    Hire helper cos sometimes really need her to help take care while me and wife go out for shoot, else we will take care them ourselves. Grandmother take care of us for so many yrs, let them enjoy life lah.

    But it is tiring while taking care of them, but fun also, watch them laugh, play together is very worth indeed.

    To those who dun/cannot really spend time take care of them due to whatever reasons, u guys missed the most important part in urs and childrens life.

    Just fetched my big girl back from school, while walking back, we played, sweated and talk, that's happiness i think. But i hate it when she shout, damn loud.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Spend more time with your kids. You will never regret.

    I wish I have more but it is too late to have any more!

    Well done. Keep it up.
    Too late?

    What time do you do normally go to bed?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    But it is tiring while taking care of them, but fun also, watch them laugh, play together is very worth indeed.

    To those who dun/cannot really spend time take care of them due to whatever reasons, u guys missed the most important part in urs and childrens life.

    Just fetched my big girl back from school, while walking back, we played, sweated and talk, that's happiness i think. But i hate it when she shout, damn loud.
    Message noted, fotoudavid. Thank you.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    One day I was really busy with work that was brought back to home, so I've got no time to play with my son. After a lot of pestering from him I told him I really need time to do my work and told him quite sternly to go find something to do by himself. He went to a corner, and started drawing on the sketch book I bought him. A few minutes later he came and shown me 2 drawings. The first was a space ship with 2 astronauts inside. One of them had a letter R and the other had a letter K on the spacesuits. He point to the one with the letter K and said that's him, and the other is me. "Someday we will go to space together, dad". The second drawing shows 2 race cars on a race track. Same R and K labelling. "This is you and this is me racing together".

    I thought to myself "Screw the work" and went to play Xbox with him.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Too late?

    What time do you do normally go to bed?
    Shh.... cannot tell you!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Spend time with wife

    Spend time with kids

    ...in that order.

    ----------------------

    I heard this said last weekend:

    "Be nice to the one who is going to push your wheelchair when you are old"...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    One day I was really busy with work that was brought back to home, so I've got no time to play with my son. After a lot of pestering from him I told him I really need time to do my work and told him quite sternly to go find something to do by himself. He went to a corner, and started drawing on the sketch book I bought him. A few minutes later he came and shown me 2 drawings. The first was a space ship with 2 astronauts inside. One of them had a letter R and the other had a letter K on the spacesuits. He point to the one with the letter K and said that's him, and the other is me. "Someday we will go to space together, dad". The second drawing shows 2 race cars on a race track. Same R and K labelling. "This is you and this is me racing together".

    I thought to myself "Screw the work" and went to play Xbox with him.
    U are right. It is a joy to watch them grow.

    I once saw my boy laughing all the way while doing his business and reading a joke book.

    It strike me!! My boy understood what he read.

  17. #17
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    other than spending time with wife/kids

    how to find time to shoot (as hobby)

    I shoot on my way to work/during lunch/on my way back home
    so everyday can still shoot

    balance

  18. #18

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Wa they woke up 5am and 6am respectively today.............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Wa they woke up 5am and 6am respectively today.............
    does it remind you of the wakie wakie period during army time....
    all part of being a parent, i suppose....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Life as a father.

    Mine's different. They don't wake up early but they sleep very late. Sometimes when the lights are all off you can still feel their tiny feet walking all over the bed and stepping all over you.
    - Luenny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •