Thread: Shots taken in Melbourne

Default Shots taken in Melbourne

Hi all,

Here are some of the shots taken in Melbourne, was too cold to take more shots. Here are the 'best' of the worst shots

Rialto Towers

Some Interesting Road signs

Great Ocean Road
    Last edited by Violett; 9th July 2003 at 01:37 PM.

wah!!!!!! Your Rialto tower scene is so nice compared to mine...

sob sob

hehe

Same here

I was in Melbourne abt a month ago..... and I wanted to take more shots but.....the cold and windy climate somehow 'managed' to make me forgot to take my camera out and take photos...

What a pity ....

Violett,

nice pictures u have there

1) for Rialto towers, maybe u can wait longer...the sky's a tad too bright.

3) u went to philip island? LOL there was this sign .....v. cute

4) GOR shot was nice..but looking at the shadow, casted by the mainland, the lighting angle abit screwed up sky is bleached out

otherwise a; good one ol' mate

PL

what camera did u use for the pics ????

thanks
    7ways

hi Violett

your pix brings back nice memories for me except that I didn't visit Rialto tower when I was there in April.

I like the pix with the Golden Retriever best - interesting perspective. Where was that taken?

So envious - you got nice light for your 7 apostles. Mine dun have such nice sunshine - sky wasn't overcast but no such light.

plsoong : I wanted to wait for abit longer too, but was not feeling too well, so took a few shots and left.

sevenWAYS: I am using Nikon Coolpix 4500

lavenderlilz : That shot was taken in VinRose Winery, It was one of the owner's dogs.

Great! Like the 1st and the last best.

Yup, brings back memories alright... the perspective on the doggy shot is really great! Prob the best of the lot
    Didn't go the Rialto tower though... spent only 2 days in Melbourne & 6 days along the GOR!
    For the 12 Apostles, best time is of course evenings & mornings... and need to get there alittle early too, else you'll be hard pressed for tripod space!

..NuTs..

Excellent portrait shot of the golden retriever. Its so handsome!

Would it be better to have a blurred background or leave the background having the rows of green shelters?

Originally posted by nuts
    Yup, brings back memories alright... the perspective on the doggy shot is really great! Prob the best of the lot
    Didn't go the Rialto tower though... spent only 2 days in Melbourne & 6 days along the GOR!
    For the 12 Apostles, best time is of course evenings & mornings... and need to get there alittle early too, else you'll be hard pressed for tripod space!

..NuTs..
    Hey Nuts, I can understand why you spent almost a week at GOR

With photography at 12 Apostles, not only do you have to be early to find space for your tripod, you'd probably need to make multiple trips to capture the different moods of the place.

On top of that, there's so many scenic lookouts along GOR that is worth stopping for.