Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 190

Thread: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

  1. #141

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapline View Post
    Dear all,

    Sorry if this post is out of the topic here, but I'd appreciate any advise or assistance from anyone here.

    I need advise or recommendations for accomdation in Melbourne, as my gf and myself will be going to Melbourne Uni for our further studies next Feb. We need a small studio or 1 bedroom apartment for accomdation. So far, all my search using the internet, and emails to various agents proved to unfruitful. Therefore, if you know of anyone or any advise as to how to go about finding accomdation in Melbourne (peferbaly near the Uni or CBD area), it would knid of you to pm me.

    Thank you for your time.

    Cheers!
    It's hard for first time uni students to get rentals from the local markt, unless u re taking over someone's lease. Otherwise, u'll have to try unilodge or college sq for the first yr...
    Any recommendations from the old birds here?

  2. #142

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448693

    My sg day pic is out...woohoo....I always have colours in some pics going off when I exported the pics out fr LR. Sigh~~ ve fun~ I miss PCK~

  3. #143

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Hi all ClubSnappers in Melbourne,

    Happy new year to you all. May the year ahead bring you greater delight and better success in everything that you do.

    I'm currently in Sydney since Christmas for a long breather from a camera-fondling lens-groping job. Together with a long-time photography friend living in Sydney, we were very fortunate to have an Aussie man among us with the relevant identity pass on new year's eve night to gain access to restricted areas. Hence, we had an unobstructed "front-row seat" to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.



    Image was shot with a humble Canon PowerShot A630.
    Last edited by Jemapela; 5th January 2009 at 03:49 PM.

  4. #144

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    Hi all ClubSnappers in Melbourne,

    Happy new year to you all. May the year ahead bring you greater delight and better success in everything that you do.

    I'm currently in Sydney since Christmas for a long breather from a camera-fondling lens-groping job. Together with a long-time photography friend living in Sydney, we were very fortunate to have an Aussie man among us with the relevant identity pass on new year's eve night to gain access to restricted areas. Hence, we had an unobstructed "front-row seat" to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.



    Image was shot with a humble Canon PowerShot A630.
    Ur shot is definitely mind-blowing....haven't seen a 09 shot like this yet. Happy new yr!

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    Hi all ClubSnappers in Melbourne,

    Happy new year to you all. May the year ahead bring you greater delight and better success in everything that you do.

    I'm currently in Sydney since Christmas for a long breather from a camera-fondling lens-groping job. Together with a long-time photography friend living in Sydney, we were very fortunate to have an Aussie man among us with the relevant identity pass on new year's eve night to gain access to restricted areas. Hence, we had an unobstructed "front-row seat" to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.



    Image was shot with a humble Canon PowerShot A630.
    Wow, nice work! Indeed with some scenes, location makes a lot of difference to the shot. Nicely done...would have liked to try the fireworks in the city this year, but after hearing there would be something like 1.5 million people in town (plus the fact that I would be at work till 6pm and unable to secure a spot), I figured it wouldn't be worth it.

  6. #146

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    Ur shot is definitely mind-blowing....haven't seen a 09 shot like this yet. Happy new yr!
    Thank you very much!

    I think photographing fireworks is difficult since we have no control of the intensity of the volley and brightness of the pyrotechnics, but I know that with some photographic trickery or Photoshop techniques, fantastic images are possible. This was shot with plain simple long-time photography on a compact digicam. I wasn't even bothered to set it on a tripod but held it as still as possible on a railing.

  7. #147

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Wow, nice work! Indeed with some scenes, location makes a lot of difference to the shot. Nicely done...would have liked to try the fireworks in the city this year, but after hearing there would be something like 1.5 million people in town (plus the fact that I would be at work till 6pm and unable to secure a spot), I figured it wouldn't be worth it.
    Hmm... I didn't know Melbourne had 1.5-million people crowding around Federation Square / Flinders Street along the Yarra River. I only knew that the 1.5-million figure was for Sydney.

    I have no idea how the Melbourne fireworks look since I'm in Sydney.

  8. #148

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Hi, all

    My name is Josh

    I will be studyin in Monash this feb.. hope to meet up with u guys for shoots as well... can i check with u guys. will i need to buy my dry cabinet from sg or does melbourne sell them? more ex even with the current exchange rate??

    thx...
    Canon 24-70 F2.8, 50mm, Tamron 90mm, 10mm FE, Speedlite 580EX II

  9. #149

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin399 View Post
    Hi, all

    My name is Josh

    I will be studyin in Monash this feb.. hope to meet up with u guys for shoots as well... can i check with u guys. will i need to buy my dry cabinet from sg or does melbourne sell them? more ex even with the current exchange rate??

    thx...
    u won't need a dry cabinet...it's dry enough over here....

  10. #150
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    u won't need a dry cabinet...it's dry enough over here....
    It's so dry you need moisturisers for your skin.

    Measured the humidity with my fluke, it is around 65% on average in the house. But there can be areas in the house where the humidity can be higher. You obviously wont store your cam gear in the bathroom, so I guess you are safe in most other places.

  11. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapline View Post
    Dear all,

    Sorry if this post is out of the topic here, but I'd appreciate any advise or assistance from anyone here.

    I need advise or recommendations for accomdation in Melbourne, as my gf and myself will be going to Melbourne Uni for our further studies next Feb. We need a small studio or 1 bedroom apartment for accomdation. So far, all my search using the internet, and emails to various agents proved to unfruitful. Therefore, if you know of anyone or any advise as to how to go about finding accomdation in Melbourne (peferbaly near the Uni or CBD area), it would knid of you to pm me.

    Thank you for your time.

    Cheers!
    Try contacting Trinity college, they should be able to arrange for 1-2mths of accomodation for you to look around. But of course, staying in campus area is always expensive. They were charging something like AUD200+ per week and they only provide free beakfast and lunch.... dinner u settle yourself and its only a tiny room, no cooking allowed, got to take turns cleaning the dorminitory, shared bathrooms (with the gals too). Once u have settled in, move around the campus and look at notice boards, they should have some accomodation put up.

    I used to stay in Brunswick (Coburg area), its not so near the campus but I would usually cycle to Mel Uni, for the first yr. Subsequently, I took the tram. But when there is strike, its back to the 2-wheelers again. There are some housing agents there, can ask around. It all depends on your preference. North Melbourne also an area with the uni students, close to campus too, but of course, its expensive.

    I graduated in 96, so times could have changed. But I have been back to uni for 2 times, its still looks the same...... cheers and enjoy your stay in Mel. You will enjoy it, especially the weather...... huat ah !!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  12. #152

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    icic thx...
    Canon 24-70 F2.8, 50mm, Tamron 90mm, 10mm FE, Speedlite 580EX II

  13. #153

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Sin399, just to add, camera stores in Melbourne may not stock silica gel at all, and their retail assistants may not even know that silica gel is sold by the bottle (like in Singapore). That should further convince about Melbourne's dry climate. However, it is still possible to grow fungi on camera optics in Melbourne if you happen to have a weird habit of shooting/storing in bathrooms.

  14. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Don't think you'll need to have a dry cabinet in Melbourne.. normal room temperature should be just fine

    Well, for some reason, there don't seem to have any organised photo shooting of ClubSNAP members here in Melbourne, though a few of us met before... I do hope we can form a photo taking group or something and have regular photo shoots together though

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin399 View Post
    Hi, all

    My name is Josh

    I will be studyin in Monash this feb.. hope to meet up with u guys for shoots as well... can i check with u guys. will i need to buy my dry cabinet from sg or does melbourne sell them? more ex even with the current exchange rate??

    thx...

  15. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AUSTRALIA->MSIA
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    hahhaha, DRY DRY HERE IN MELBOURNE , dont thinkn you need dry CAB,

    I m in Melbourne,
    Nikon D3S & D700 FX Nikon AFS 70-200mm f/2.8VR2 & AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
    Nikon SB-900

  16. #156

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    For some reason, it has been difficult to get people to meet up.

  17. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    How's this.. below is potentially a list for people in Melbourne to put their name in if interested to form a group for photo shoots.. if response is encouraging, hopefully can have a group of regular photo shoots kakis or something... me first

    1) engta

  18. #158
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by engta View Post
    How's this.. below is potentially a list for people in Melbourne to put their name in if interested to form a group for photo shoots.. if response is encouraging, hopefully can have a group of regular photo shoots kakis or something... me first
    1) engta
    2) Ansel

  19. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    1) engta
    2) Ansel
    3) fWord (provided schedule allows...more often than not it doesn't)

  20. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

    hahaha.. 3 is a good start... anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    1) engta
    2) Ansel
    3) fWord (provided schedule allows...more often than not it doesn't)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •