View Poll Results: What Came First?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Egg

9 34.62%
  • The Chicken

17 65.38%

Thread: Totally Non-photographic Poll!!!

Default Totally Non-photographic Poll!!!

Just have to ask....

which came first???!!!!

There are better ways to increase your post count, and this isn't one of them.

wah... just for the fun of it what... if don't like, then remove lor... improve what post count? what's tht? got prize one har?

the_tick
    Guests

I thought this question has been answered many times before? I don't understand why people keep on asking this question. Anyway, the obvious and correct answer is the egg.
    It's really quite simple. Here is the answer in laymen terms.

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.

Guess you are an evolutionist. I would think the world is CREATED thus the chicken must have come first. Dun think sperms and eggs were created and not humans... Anyway, to each his own views lah.

Originally posted by laugh
    Guess you are an evolutionist. I would think the world is CREATED thus the chicken must have come first. Dun think sperms and eggs were created and not humans... Anyway, to each his own views lah.
    God came 1st

When you order chicken rice with egg, they put the chicken on the rice first then put the egg on top. So the chicken comes first in this case.

the_tick
    Guests

Hmmm . . .
    subhuman's question appears to be too vague. (S)He needs to be more specific, as all the responses are valid depending on how the question is viewed.

Originally posted by the_tick
    Hmmm . . .
    subhuman's question appears to be too vague. (S)He needs to be more specific, as all the responses are valid depending on how the question is viewed.
    True.

In the dictionary, chicken comes first before the egg.

Originally posted by Marx
    True.

In the dictionary, chicken comes first before the egg.
    good one!

Well, the chicken has to come before the egg can become a chicken, otherwise the egg will always remain an egg.

*funny what I can come up with when I'm on cough medication...*

Originally posted by SniperD
    God came 1st
    Who/what created God then?

Hong Sien

hmm something had to 'come' to produce the egg methinks hehe.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Originally posted by hongsien

Hong Sien
    Oh... I wouldn't dare go there if i were you...

Originally posted by hongsien

Hong Sien
    Some programmer.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by the_tick
    I thought this question has been answered many times before? I don't understand why people keep on asking this question. Anyway, the obvious and correct answer is the egg.
    It's really quite simple. Here is the answer in laymen terms.

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.
    Oh come on..
    they evolved from Prokaryotes...
    Evident from presence of mitochondria in their eukarkyotic cells

They didn't evolve. When Adam was naming all the animals, this one kept running away, so Adam shouted: "Chicken!".

Default Re: Totally Non-photographic Poll!!!

Of course the chicken lah. I love KFC

some jokers resurrect many old poll threads now, can mods stop these please?

paul, are you the one?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    some jokers resurrect many old poll threads now, can mods stop these please?

paul, are you the one?
    nope. i didn't resurrect the old polls.

I am innocent.