Thread: Please Advise. State of confusion.

Deregistered

Default Please Advise. State of confusion.

Hey guys.

i would love u guys to share ur experience with a Nikon 70-200mm f2.8VR & Nikkon 80-200mm f2.8. Good and Bad Points are welcome.

cos i was thinking of getting a 70-200mm at first , but its at 2.6k new one.
    i rather'd get a 80-200 and a D200(newbody&batterygrip) & a monopod for that kinda sum.

So i just wanna check out some experience with guys for the equipment stated above.

Default Re: Please Advise. State of confusion.

If you bothered doing a search, it would have yielded similar threads like the following one:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390711
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

hmm... getting a D200? So I assume your current body isn't as 'good' as the D200? If thats the case, its important to balance body quailty and lens quaility. no point using such an expensive lens on a inadequate body right?

However, lens prices deteriote a lot slower than body prices so if yr willing to wait a year to buy a better body, i say go for the AF-S VR!!

only then will your photos make people go WOW
    (sry, couldn't resist )
    Last edited by Daedalus Trent; 10th July 2008 at 08:41 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    hmm... getting a D200? So I assume your current body isn't as 'good' as the D200? If thats the case, its important to balance body quailty and lens quaility. no point using such an expensive lens on a inadequate body right?

However, lens prices deteriote a lot slower than body prices so if yr willing to wait a year to buy a better body, i say go for the AF-S VR!!

only then will your photos make people go WOW
    (sry, couldn't resist )
    yea. body ain that good. Its a D70s.
    The skin colour tone abit off. than the screen resultion so small. can really determine if the picture is sharp anot or OOF.

i see

Do a quick search on reviews of the 2 lenses and you'll realise that their IQs are very very similar. focusing speeds are also quite on par. So that extra load of cash you'll be spending on the 70-200 is just the AFS and VR.

btw, if you have enough money to buy those amazing lenses, why don't you rent a D200, a 70-200VR and a 80-200 for a day or 2? Go play around with them and you be the judge.
    Last edited by Daedalus Trent; 11th July 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    i see

Do a quick search on reviews of the 2 lenses and you'll realise that their IQs are very very similar. focusing speeds are also quite on par. So that extra load of cash you'll be spending on the 70-200 is just the AFS and VR.

btw, if you have enough money to buy those amazing lenses, why don't you rent a D200, a 70-200VR and a 80-200 for a day or 2? Go play around with them and you be the judge.
    yea good idea too.

if i have the extra cash.

No confusion, either one is good and you will not go wrong.
    Whats left in the decision making is probably the budget

Ryan