Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value for money backpack for laptop and dslr

Default Re: Value for money backpack for laptop and dslr

tamrac aero80 cam/laptop backpack....this is the latest design from tamrac more urbanise than advanture 9...

Quote Originally Posted by issic View Post
    I am currently using Lowepro Fastpack 250. Personally finds it very useful when traveling oversea with laptop. The upper compartment is good for all the barang barang.
    You can find out more from this link http://products.lowepro.com/product/...k-250,2086.htm
    I'm also using the Fastpack 250, which I would recommend. I usually bring it along if I commute between two offices (hence, need to lug along a heavy Thinkpad R61) and have a night shot scheduled on that day too.

oh just a update guys, i got the fastpack 250 but didnt really like it, too much padding and the compartments doesnt seem to be able to fit files and paperwork. Instead sold it off and got a Mountain Dax backpack with pocket for lappy, so i just go daiso buy 2 soft pouches $2 each for my dslr and lappy. Lappy slots into pocket fine, But my d40 18-200mm maybe will move around a little on the outer pocket. Overall still cheaper than the fastpack. Deployment speed slower than fastpack though as it is not side entry.

Talking Re: Value for money backpack for laptop and dslr

Eh.... Was in the same situation as TS, was till thinking between Tamrac Aero 80 and adventure 9. Was almost confirmed on the Aero 80 untill i saw the actual thing itself.... the Aero 80 quite ugly... fattie bum bum..... so finally bought the tamrac adventure 9(camo). Pros: Look nice, Cons: The bag is quite big, however since you are looking a backpack to dump everything in, this has to be the one!!!!
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

go and try out at Cathay lah

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperholic View Post
    Eh.... Was in the same situation as TS, was till thinking between Tamrac Aero 80 and adventure 9. Was almost confirmed on the Aero 80 untill i saw the actual thing itself.... the Aero 80 quite ugly... fattie bum bum..... so finally bought the tamrac adventure 9(camo). Pros: Look nice, Cons: The bag is quite big, however since you are looking a backpack to dump everything in, this has to be the one!!!!
    Hey Snapperholic, how much did you purchase the tamrac adventure 9 for ?

AERO 80 = $155
    ADVENTURE 7 = $105
    ADVENTURE 9 = i go home check receipt

Price might not be the best but i like dealing with MS color.

As for Ts, if you are ever thinking of any of the above, below are some thoughts:-

Aero 80: Too Fat! ugly! have prob fitting the standard 70 - 200 lens into it. can fit but tight!
    Adventure 7: Good day pack but cannot dump all in.
    Adventure 9: if you are looking for nice looking bag and can dump all in, this has to be the one. con: quite big and make me look like ninja turtle...........

Rgds
    Last edited by Snapperholic; 30th July 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

Haha Ninja Turtle

Will have to personally go down and see the bag. Hopefully it suits my needs!

Considering between the Fastpack 250 and Adventure 9

YUP!
    i think going down to feel it is better! i think you ask for the Aero 80 1st see you wanna be fat turtle or ninja turtle(adventure 9)!

Jokes aside, the camoflage adventure 9 ROCKS!

Hi can someone tell me the price of Lowepro Fastpack 250 in Cathay or any store?

Need to know asap because my friend will go there in Singapore tomorrow and I don't know how much money I will give her.

Saw the Aero 80 online, doesnt look that great

Perhaps go down this weekend! BBB Virus

Quote Originally Posted by donalyza View Post
    Hi can someone tell me the price of Lowepro Fastpack 250 in Cathay or any store?

Need to know asap because my friend will go there in Singapore tomorrow and I don't know how much money I will give her.
    From the previous post of this thread, its at around $120 ?

Perhaps those who bought can give you a more accurate answer

Wait till you see the actual.... it will make you turn turtle.....
    the Aero 80 is fat in its width and makes it look kinda short..... also, i tried putting in a 70-200mm f4 IS also got prob.... might as well go for big brother 9

How about Tamrac Expedition 5 ?

I'll second the Lowepro Fastpack 250.
    Fits all my equipments there. Plus my laptop on the backside, and my card reader/external HD on the top part.
    Really nice padding and fits my body nicely

btw, I got the red one
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    I'll second the Lowepro Fastpack 250.
    Fits all my equipments there. Plus my laptop on the backside, and my card reader/external HD on the top part.
    Really nice padding and fits my body nicely

btw, I got the red one
    Would agree that lowepro fastpack 250 as an alternative. that one's also a gem!

comparing the Kata Dr-467 and Fastpack 250. which one is bulkier when on the back? also who get can carry more personal items (not talking abt laptop or camera stuffs) in the top compartment?

Thanks

Saw this while surfing... someone might be interested

http://www.natgeogear.com.au/backpacks.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12