Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Buy/Sell sections revamped

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,496
    Blog Entries
    2

    Exclamation Buy/Sell sections revamped

    We have revamped the Buy/Sell section and renamed to Personal Classifieds section after receiving innumerable requests and feedback from the members.

    Changes :-
    a) Classified by Brand
    b) Some key words renamed to make it easier to search eg . WTS -> WTSell, WTB -> WTBuy
    c) Addition of Video section
    d) Biggest change - replies are currently disabled to simulate a real Classifieds section (like in the newspapers). Thus the method of contacting the members will be via Private Message or the contact options listed by the poster (phone and/or email). We will make this a trial for the next couple of months and then gather member feedback to see if we can tweak the system further.

    We are in the midst of moving the last 1-2 months posts over to the new sections thus please bear with us in the meantime.

    Presenting the New! Revamped! Better! Personal Classifieds sections in ClubSNAP. (click me!)

  2. #2
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,496
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Please provide feedback on the new Personal Classifieds sections, especially if you come across the following :-

    1) Errors in the forms.
    2) Additional equipment brands/types to be incorporated into the forms.

    Feedback on the above can be provided in this thread - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392642

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,703

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Thanks for the revamp, the brand segregation would be very useful.

    Will we be getting a bigger PM quota with this change?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Changes :-

    d) Biggest change - replies are currently disabled to simulate a real Classifieds section (like in the newspapers). Thus the method of contacting the members will be via Private Message or the contact options listed by the poster (phone and/or email).
    Presenting the New! Revamped! Better! Personal Classifieds sections in ClubSNAP. (click me!)
    HI,

    It will make bidding less transparent. Just my feedback.

    Thanks for the effort.

  5. #5
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,649

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    it look very clean indeed, better for the buyer and seller
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  6. #6

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    good move! easier to sort things out now..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Is this my problem or what? I can't seem to see anything being sold in the B&S section

  8. #8

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Cleaner, less clutter, more systematic and organised.
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Ahh no wonder I could not upzzz my thread

    Much better and cleaner now

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    i cant seem to post a reply in the thread. Is it my problem or in the process of revamp?

  11. #11
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,554

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Quote Originally Posted by Sha_Dan View Post
    i cant seem to post a reply in the thread. Is it my problem or in the process of revamp?
    Ya... i also cannot post a reply...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Sorting them in brands is really useful.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Thanks for effort!

    But I don't feel disabling the reply is a GOOD move. If the intention is like advertising in the newspaper, then are we encouraging sellers or buyers to post a new or a few threads every single day to bump up his trade? Forum is based on the internet so information allowed to be updated immediately which is not supposed to happen in the traditional media like newspaper.

    In the meanwhile, I also agree with huggable to propose a larger PM quota in order to communicate privately. 10 PMs is really very limited.
    Last edited by geoer; 8th July 2008 at 10:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    somewhere surrounded by H2O
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    will we get bigger pm space?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    So what happen if I want to move my thread to the front to get more exposure? Create a new thread? May be reply should be enabled for the TS. At least he/she can close the thread. I will not want people to keep calling me when my product is sold.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Quote Originally Posted by geoer View Post
    Thanks for effort!

    But I don't feel disabling the reply is a GOOD move. If the intention is like advertising in the newspaper, then are we encouraging sellers or buyers to post a new or a few threads every single day to bump up his trade? Forum is based on the internet so information allowed to be updated immediately which is not supposed to happen in the traditional media like newspaper.

    In the meanwhile, I also agree with huggable to propose a larger PM quota in order to communicate privately. 10 PMs is really very limited.
    This look much better but i have to agree with geoer... imagine a thread which last 1 week and still no deal and in order to refresh the thread how ? and also adjustment of BNP ?? create a new thread ? then there will be a lot of multiple post...

    can also suggest the 3rd party lens include a "mount" option in addition to the brand? easier to search this way...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  17. #17

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    i totally agree with flowerpot.
    Hope the mods do something about the problems were mentioned.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tanglin Halt
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    I have yet to see the new/ revamped buy and sell section cause till now, the lenses and camera ones are all empty. Maybe admin is working on it? or is that an error?

    Anyway, all would be fine other than threadstarter should have rights to edit his own thread. It need not be him allowed to keep posting "upz", but at least should let him edit the 1st posting to keep all information updated.
    Loving my Minolta

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Seems like a good idea for orderly and clarity...but I do have to agree as for items that I want to sell....I start the price I hope to sell for..gauging responses and frequently adjust the prices for a deal. I would have to private message anyone that had expressed interest before to notify of the new price...it's a tedious processes to send out the private messages, especially with the 10 message quota.

    Another thing I have been able to do, although not neccesary successful all the time is to be able to see threads and gauge how much a similar item was sold for so i can start with with a reasonable asking price.

    As always, human nature to resist change but in this case, I find it hard to accomplish the same things given the new approach of the forum. my two cents.
    Nikon D300,Sigma 10-20mm,18-200mm OS, Nikkor 105mm Micro VR, Nikkor 50mm f1.8

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Buy/Sell sections revamped

    Quote Originally Posted by sohzai View Post
    I have yet to see the new/ revamped buy and sell section cause till now, the lenses and camera ones are all empty. Maybe admin is working on it? or is that an error?

    Anyway, all would be fine other than threadstarter should have rights to edit his own thread. It need not be him allowed to keep posting "upz", but at least should let him edit the 1st posting to keep all information updated.
    This sounds reasonable as a middle ground
    Nikon D300,Sigma 10-20mm,18-200mm OS, Nikkor 105mm Micro VR, Nikkor 50mm f1.8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •