Thread: Dark Road

Default Dark Road

New to photography, please guide me along.

Last edited by JokerJ; 8th July 2008 at 10:38 AM.

Default Re: Dark Road

I generally start with trying to make a connection between title and picture. Unfortunately without further understanding of your thoughts at the moment, I don't seem to make the connection. Even when I fail to make the connection between title and picture, I try to find the story in the picture to perhaps guess the story the photographer is trying to tell. Not getting too much there. For me, it's a nice symmetrical picture, lines lead to a house? apart from that, i didn't get too much from the pic. Perhaps you can help me see what you see...keep on shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by FrogLAH View Post
    I generally start with trying to make a connection between title and picture. Unfortunately without further understanding of your thoughts at the moment, I don't seem to make the connection. Even when I fail to make the connection between title and picture, I try to find the story in the picture to perhaps guess the story the photographer is trying to tell. Not getting too much there. For me, it's a nice symmetrical picture, lines lead to a house? apart from that, i didn't get too much from the pic. Perhaps you can help me see what you see...keep on shooting!
    Hmm, kay thanks. Maybe you can suggest a name for this picture, its taken by random.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerJ View Post
    Hmm, kay thanks. Maybe you can suggest a name for this picture, its taken by random.
    Only because you asked, how about "The long road ahead..."? Again, this is your piece of work taken at the moment you felt something, you should know it better than I.

Be careful when shooting in the middle of the road! Title should be more like tempting fate.

i guess it's because of the sky that didnt gave me any 'dark road' feeling.

I feel so lousy now, but thanks all for your comments. i will work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerJ View Post
    I feel so lousy now, but thanks all for your comments. i will work on it.
    Why feel lousy??? I think should be happy. Because you learn from the comments and critic. Isn't that the intention of you asking for comments?
    At least you have the courage to ask for C&C. I have yet to gather enough courage to do it.

Yea, dun feel lousy. I have thousands of pics like yours (12 thousand taken within 1 year), pics taken at the spur of the moment. Eventually, I focus more on creating the shot, thinking about the story I want to tell through my photo. THen i compose, shoot and process the picture. Anyways, keep on shooting and looking at photos, visiting different photographers' galleries. This will help you improve.

the road's not dark. instead the elements around the road is dark.
    main focus on the road is not really there.
    good b&w treatment.

cheers. shoot on

lol.
    feeling lousy just becos of these so called 'negative' comments?
    then i think i should go hang myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    the road's not dark. instead the elements around the road is dark.
    main focus on the road is not really there.
    good b&w treatment.

cheers. shoot on
    i see what you mean. i will work on it, is there anything else i can work on?

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    lol.
    feeling lousy just becos of these so called 'negative' comments?
    then i think i should go hang myself...
    its because that i thought that this picture was really nice. Ok at least it appealed to me. thats why i'm kinda sad, but i'm ok now. i will continue to take pictures and improve my photography skills.

There's too much black. Your histogram is probably quite imbalanced. The excess amount of black is blocking out a lot of your details.

Other than that, I feel that this photo is fine.

You may want to add some vignetting as well.