Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viet Pho in Singapore?

Default Viet Pho in Singapore?

Friends
    I had some really nice pho in Australia, but I can't find it locally, any ideas?
    I have a craving for them...

Thanks
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: Viet Pho in Singapore?

Quite a lot of them around! Suntec has 3 or 4 Pho restaurants.
    Alpha

there is one at Tanjiong Pagar, opposite Ah Moy Hawker. Pho 99 , somehting like tat.

Go the the one at Liang Seah street. My Vietnamese friends says that is quite good.

If you enter from North Bridge Road, it's just a couple of shops away from it.

It's called Madam Saigon.

Thanks, I needed some specific recommendations, esp from those who have been to these places and felt the food was good.
    If anyone is headed to Sydney and wants to know about food there, I can help
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Import a Viet girl as wife can have Pho everyday.

have been to madam saigon at liang seah street, it's pretty good.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Thanks, I needed some specific recommendations, esp from those who have been to these places and felt the food was good.
    If anyone is headed to Sydney and wants to know about food there, I can help
    I have been there myself too.

Of course it's difficult to match with the originals from Ho Chi Minh but it's about there. The chef from Miss Saigon is also from Vietnam.

My best pho is still in Melbourne.

The only thing i hate about that restaurant is a little pricey......
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 6th July 2008 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks again
    Actually Pho in Viet is worse, since the ingredients are usually not as good.

Cabramatta in NSW, was the best, followed by Flemington in West Sydney...

Sigh, my student days are over....

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I have been there myself too.

Of course it's difficult to match with the originals from Ho Chi Minh but it's about there. The chef from Miss Saigon is also from Vietnam.

The only thing i hate about that restaurant is a little pricey......

Talking abt Pho, there used to be a Viet Cafe at Mohammed Sultan many years ago. I love their pho, but they're no longer around. Any idea they've ceased operation or moved elsewhere?

the one at Suntec Skygarden is not bad.
    there's one at Circular Road, near the MacDonalds too....

i miss the Pho in Melbourne too......especially during winter......

Default Pho 24

My verdict on this place:

Soft rice noodles, soaked in a rich broth with tender beef parts accompanied by bean sprouts and mint leaves. Memories of a meal back in Oz spring back...
    They also serve wings and a pretty decent lime juice. Sure, compared to the best I had in Sydney, it isn't the same, but I reckon that for something so near my home, its a place I will visit again.
    And with friends again. I enjoyed the food and the friendship... Lets do another, this time at Purvis street!

Vietnamese noodle chain Pho 24, with over 60 outlets in Vietnam, opened its second one in Singapore along Upper Thomson five months ago. It has an outlet at Millenia Walk.
    Its Singapore franchise owner Paul Tan, 39, says: 'People are starting to draw comparisons between places like Holland Village, Upper Serangoon Road and here.
    http://www.pho24.com.sg/
    215M Upper Thomson Road

Upper Thomson branch
    Ph: 6451-6811

My verdict on this place:

Soft rice noodles, soaked in a rich broth with tender beef parts accompanied by bean sprouts and mint leaves. Memories of a meal back in Oz spring back...
    They also serve wings and a pretty decent lime juice. Sure, compared to the best I had in Sydney, it isn't the same, but I reckon that for something so near my home, its a place I will visit again.
    And with friends again. I enjoyed the food and the friendship... Lets do another, this time at Purvis street!

Vietnamese noodle chain Pho 24, with over 60 outlets in Vietnam, opened its second one in Singapore along Upper Thomson five months ago. It has an outlet at Millenia Walk.
    Its Singapore franchise owner Paul Tan, 39, says: 'People are starting to draw comparisons between places like Holland Village, Upper Serangoon Road and here.
    http://www.pho24.com.sg/
    215M Upper Thomson Road

Upper Thomson branch
    Ph: 6451-6811

Get boring of rice??? eating Pho mean "偷吃"

just came back from LA about 2 weeks ago...
    thought Pho Hoa was wonderful, but after trying 2 of the best Pho in LA (Pho79 and Golden Deli), Pho Hoa was just normal and kinda overpriced in comparison.
    Still looking for the best pho in Singapore that can bring the taste close to those 2 I tried.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post

The best pho i had was a restaurant called "Mekong" in Melbourne. Any better ones you can recommend?
    I'm a cow with a camera

Best Pho
    Flemington, NSW Australia

Followed by Cabramatta, NSW Australia - simply divine stuff!

Ever tried the corner coffee shop at Geylang Lor 42? My "little saigon" in singapore... There's a Viet disco very near there so u get some nice Viet eye candy while you try to order your Pho to your vietnamese shop owner. All the used tissues get thrown on the floor while the tables are kept relatively clean. Not that nice pho and small bowls, but the cultural difference is another experience.

Pho 24, my Vietnamese friends say they are the best in SG so far. Have not tried.

For NSW, I tried those Pho shops in Flemington and Bankstown, Hurstville but not Cambramatta. Mekong on George street, I like their sugar-cane prawns, 3 colored rice and 3 colored ice. Overall, I prefer 老清香 shop in Illawarra. For Oz, I would prefer the shop in Springvale, VIC. The level of MSG is just my taste and the wash basin size bowls is a spectacle on it's own. In fact I started to buy big basin like bowls after. Also the Pho with pickled onions on Swanston Street (i think they called Mekong as well) at the heart of Melbourne is "knap shot" in old man speak, but their Mong (bee hoon) is not very nice. Other one in MEL, near Lonsdale/Burke does not appeal to me. No recollection of pho in Footscray though I have had pho there.

Interesting enough, my first meal off an airplane would mostly be pho if i landed in MEL/SYD. Hmmm.... I am starting to miss oz...
    Last edited by Skiver; 17th January 2009 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    The best pho i had was a restaurant called "Mekong" in Melbourne. Any better ones you can recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Best Pho
    Flemington, NSW Australia
    Followed by Cabramatta, NSW Australia - simply divine stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiver View Post
    For NSW, I tried those Pho shops in Flemington and Bankstown, Hurstville but not Cambramatta. Mekong on George street, I like their sugar-cane prawns, 3 colored rice and 3 colored ice. Overall, I prefer 老清香 shop in Illawarra. For Oz, I would prefer the shop in Springvale, VIC. The level of MSG is just my taste and the wash basin size bowls is a spectacle on it's own. In fact I started to buy big basin like bowls after. Also the Pho with pickled onions on Swanston Street (i think they called Mekong as well) at the heart of Melbourne is "knap shot" in old man speak, but their Mong (bee hoon) is not very nice. Other one in MEL, near Lonsdale/Burke does not appeal to me. No recollection of pho in Footscray though I have had pho there.

Interesting enough, my first meal off an airplane would mostly be pho if i landed in MEL/SYD. Hmmm.... I am starting to miss oz...
    Haha... this seems to be more like a Aussie Pho Fan thread!
    OK, I represent Perth! Best Pho I've had is in Perth Chinatown... forgot name of the restaurant though we flocked there like every other week! Noone takes note of the name there cos it's the only place to go for Pho! Of course, there are others but this is the best place for Pho and very very well-known. It's in the street with lots of chinese provision shops and is the largest Pho restaurant... think vaguely remember there's lots of green colour and of course, pretty Vietnamese waitresses too!

The beef Pho is the best. Rich soup, generous serving of tender sliced beef, lovely slurpy springy pho noodles, generous helping of crunchy bean sprouts and veggies, and some fresh spices like lemongrass, mint, etc... all in a large basin-like bowl!

Come to think of it... I've eaten more Pho in my life when I was in Perth than at other times. After I came back to S'pore, I hardly ate Pho at all... they look kinda pathetic plus there's so much other more economical food here. Sighhh... I miss Aus Pho too... and fish & chips and fresh oysters... never stopped missing fish & chips and fresh oysters! Now that TS has brought up Pho... I feel like getting some here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    just came back from LA about 2 weeks ago...
    thought Pho Hoa was wonderful, but after trying 2 of the best Pho in LA (Pho79 and Golden Deli), Pho Hoa was just normal and kinda overpriced in comparison.
    Still looking for the best pho in Singapore that can bring the taste close to those 2 I tried.
    Any suggestions?
    I'm sure Pho is LA is good... lotsa Vietnamese immigrants there. Do post back if you find any Pho that comes close to LA Pho in Sg.
    Last edited by WuffRuff; 17th January 2009 at 07:41 AM.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Heard some stalls at Joo Chiat Road are not bad...cos they serve to the "locals" who "hang around" there every night..
    蓮花仙子

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast