Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: dry box...

  1. #1
    kley83
    Guests

    Default dry box...

    just bought my canon A70.. thinking of getting a dry box to protect it.. where can i get it ah??
    i saw at carrefour 19.90.. is there any cheaper version available.. cause my bank almost drying soon.. buy this n that.. haha..
    plz advice.. thank

  2. #2

    Default

    I think most shops carry them, those that can put silica gel inside.

  3. #3
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default

    i juz buy an air tight box.... LOCK & Lock brand. alot of size to choose..... available at carrefour, giant and Ntuc....

  4. #4

    Default

    my advice: pls choose a better built one..dun get a tupperware..

  5. #5
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Originally posted by djchris
    my advice: pls choose a better built one..dun get a tupperware..
    see his post.... he wanted a budget wan ...if i not wrong.....

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by tweakmax2
    see his post.... he wanted a budget wan ...if i not wrong.....
    its an advice..not a suggestion...read..

  7. #7
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Originally posted by djchris
    its an advice..not a suggestion...read..
    he also looking for advise..and from yr advise... u are not answering to his requst of advise of a cheaper version of DRy box. ... and i am not quoting him to buy the tupperware.... pls mind yr language.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by tweakmax2
    he also looking for advise..and from yr advise... u are not answering to his requst of advise of a cheaper version of DRy box. ... and i am not quoting him to buy the tupperware.... pls mind yr language.
    I did not say you are quoting him to buy the tupperware..
    I simply advised him to get a better built drybox..and not saying he should pay alot of money or anything like that..

    if you have any problem with that, air it out elsewhere..

    I shan't be posting in this thread anymore..

  9. #9
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Originally posted by djchris
    I did not say you are quoting him to buy the tupperware..
    I simply advised him to get a better built drybox..and not saying he should pay alot of money or anything like that..

    if you have any problem with that, air it out elsewhere..

    I shan't be posting in this thread anymore..
    Precisely.... i also dun wish to argue or wtever.... we are here to give advise or share..... let the matter rest.... either do i want to post in tis thread anymore....

  10. #10
    kley83
    Guests

    Default

    ya.. i saw the lock n lock brand also..
    seem quite good.. most likely to go and get it tml..
    cause i on a low budget...

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by kley83
    ya.. i saw the lock n lock brand also..
    seem quite good.. most likely to go and get it tml..
    cause i on a low budget...
    I wouldn't get a air-tight box over a dry box, because the air-tight box is not likely to come with a hygrometer to measure the humdity.

    The Am-Pro drybox, the one at $19.90 comes with a hygrometer and is quite large compared to a Nikon yellow dry box.

    Silica Gel is sold at $4 per 500g bottle at Carrefour, though I managed to find out it is sold at $3 at Konata.

    Been using it for over a month. No bad, Poured a handful of Silica Gel into the box at first and saw the humdity drop from 80% to 20%, too low.

    But after a few days it rose to 40-50%. and I pour in a few more new Silica Gels, when the needle went over to the RED zone.

    Try to get a dish or shallow container to "hold" the silica gel, or else the silica gel will be rolling all over the base of the box.

    I think if you don't open and close the box every day, a bottle of Silica Gel will last estimated about 2 months or more? (Mine is still 75% full)

    I think might be using a dry box + silica gel for a year or so, before I can save up for a dry cabinet.

    I was told the Silica Gel can be re-used by heating up the "pink" silica gels to dry them up again.
    Is it true? Will it turn back to blue again, if I heat them up?

  12. #12

    Default

    haha.. tweatmax2... now i noe why many ppl buai song you in clubsnap... :P
    correct me if i am wrong

  13. #13

    Default

    if u are really tight on budget, i saw a used drybox at cash convertors toa payoh. $5.

    They also selling some silica gel..

    Check if the box is good. If yes, its very good for the tight-budgetted ones..

  14. #14

    Default Nikon Dry box

    anyone know how much are the Nikon yellow dry box ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •