Thread: Advice for dry cabinet...

Default Advice for dry cabinet...

shall i get a Dry cabinet now as i got a D60 kit lens only....???thx....or i get dry cabinet when i got more lens???

Default Re: Advice for dry cabinet...

Do it now.

Digi-cabi do come with affordable models.

dun wait.

buy asap.

and get a bigger model than your immediate need.

Quote Originally Posted by attap seed View Post
    dun wait.

buy asap.

and get a bigger model than your immediate need.
    i just deal with a guy with his digicabinet db-036 which is 30L....he bought around i yr ago and selling me at sgd60...worth it???but i will take it next week...how much for this model for new???thx

A new one is about SGD 100 to SGD 110 - it seems to be a fair price for a 1 year used cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by sandeebee View Post
    A new one is about SGD 100 to SGD 110 - it seems to be a fair price for a 1 year used cabinet.
    i see....whts difference between DB and Ad series?anyway buy 2nd hand dry cabinet is dangerous or not???as we cannot see any wrong and after get it back for few day or few week then just realise got problem,then how huh???wht i should pay attention when i go to get the drycabinet frm him???thx...sorry got many question...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkcw View Post
    i see....whts difference between DB and Ad series?anyway buy 2nd hand dry cabinet is dangerous or not???as we cannot see any wrong and after get it back for few day or few week then just realise got problem,then how huh???wht i should pay attention when i go to get the drycabinet frm him???thx...sorry got many question...

anybody can advice me this proble...thx so so much....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkcw View Post
    A little bit Google and checking in shops can help a lot!
    First, all Digi dry cabinets sold here in SG come with 5 years local warranty (bring-in service). There are threads here in forum describing that service is quite good. You can either bring in the dry unit only (if you know how to disassemble) or you bring in the whole box. Not an issue for 30l and 60l boxes as they not heavy. There are not many cases reported about faulty boxes.
    Secondly: if you don't like 2nd hand why do you even consider this? Used stuff is used, not new. If you need the insurance to have new gear then you have to pay the higher price for new box. But even this will not prevent that your box might stop working one day. For this you have the 5 years warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    A little bit Google and checking in shops can help a lot!
    First, all Digi dry cabinets sold here in SG come with 5 years local warranty (bring-in service). There are threads here in forum describing that service is quite good. You can either bring in the dry unit only (if you know how to disassemble) or you bring in the whole box. Not an issue for 30l and 60l boxes as they not heavy. There are not many cases reported about faulty boxes.
    Secondly: if you don't like 2nd hand why do you even consider this? Used stuff is used, not new. If you need the insurance to have new gear then you have to pay the higher price for new box. But even this will not prevent that your box might stop working one day. For this you have the 5 years warranty.
    yhx so muck...i think i will get it....haha

there should be a humidity level indicator.

it will show if the box is working or not.