Thread: HDR of National Museum of Singapore

Default HDR of National Museum of Singapore

Took this picture at 3pm, 3 exposures at 1.7 interval. Used Photoshop. I tune up the blue, green and red colors, and the perspective. I like the composition very much, but I am not good at architecture, so looking at useful comments and tips on how to improve.

C&C welcomed. PLease comment on
    1. How the pictures can be improved, especially the building
    2. What else can be improved on
    3. Any mistakes or poor technique?

Default Re: HDR of National Museum of Singapore

1) the colors are pretty good here

2) the hdr technique is not over-abused here, i like that

3) but 1 and 2 do not remove the fact that a lot more attention needs to be paid to composition, i'm not sure what the funny sculpture thing in the foreground does, but it spoils the photograph. i can also imagine that shifting angle would give you severe horizontal perspective distortion.

4) take note of things creeping into your frame which can be distracting - i.e. top left corner tree leaves

Thanks Night86mare for your kind comments. Will take note of the composition more.
    Admit that the sculpture did spoil the composition, but I also like that fact that it added more detail into an otherwise boring picture.

Quote Originally Posted by castwind View Post
    Admit that the sculpture did spoil the composition, but I also like that fact that it added more detail into an otherwise boring picture.
    yes, it does, if only it wasn't blocking the words, then it would be a positive touch, rather than the negative it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

3) but 1 and 2 do not remove the fact that a lot more attention needs to be paid to composition, i'm not sure what the funny sculpture thing in the foreground does, but it spoils the photograph. i can also imagine that shifting angle would give you severe horizontal perspective distortion.
    It's a giant capsicum!
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

nice colors of the sky u have there, perhaps u can try shooting from a different angle so that the capsicum isn't blocking the words,
    u may also try to shoot at different time of the day ( if possible) so that u will not have shadows of the trees in the foreground , just my humble opinions
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

Thanks all for the feedback. Certainly learnt a lot here. Didn't know that the capsicum is such an eyesore.

Hi IANSOON, I didn't take at an angle, because if I do that the h/v perspective will look wierd, and the lines will not look straight. Please teach me if there is any way to take at an angle and yet still have straight h/v lines

Lens correction filter in photoshop, to straighten out the lines. You can do some perspective correction with this tool. But if the perspective distortion is really too weird or complicated, it might be hard to correct totally.