Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st attempt at HDR

Default Re: 1st attempt at HDR

Quote Originally Posted by rastafiqo View Post
    and night86mare, u sound very personal when u mentioned "i am not even sure why i am commenting here, because i do not see any point trying to persuade people who are not interested or serious in getting good results".
    i believe in being frank - nothing to do with personal. this is how i feel you have presented yourself thus far, and this is what i will say. the judgement is made based on your actions here, not some funny postulation that i have formulated in my mind. i did not feel that way until the last round of what seemed like painting yourself in a victimised light. nobody is out here to get you. nobody is out here to tell you that you have to be ansel adams straight out of the box. but everybody assumes that everybody else wants to get there - hence the comments.

if it is not the case, then prove it to yourself - not to me. do a reshoot, take note of the comments mentioned here, and do a new version for yourself. everyone shoots for themselves, but wanting good results and working hard to get it are two different things.

i hope i have not offended you in any way in speaking my mind. believe me, it's not personal, i write things like this all the time. like i said, even if you find it very frustrating or infuriating to read what i write, then at least use it as positive energy. there is a trend here where people demand that comments are wrapped in beancurd before being presented. to me, that is like beating around the bush and sometimes the point gets lost, because people have selective vision.

i frequently return to my old works that i thought were good in the past, everybody new always goes through that phase. getting past it, and seeing more of the inadequacies, and even when improving, seeing how your photograph is lacking, needing that extra push to be even better.. i think that should be the spirit. the first time i posted turtles from my p&s cam here, i was very happy and smug that i seemed to be taking something good - my impression got dashed when people gave negative comments, but today i see that they weren't just having fun putting down my photos, because those were quite horrible in retrospect.

personally, it is my view that hdr should not be touched until one has understood the basics, composition and exposure. it is easy to make a hdr, no doubt, but to produce a good one needs an understanding of the technique, what it encompasses, a rough feel of what photomatix is actually doing with your inputs to make the output.. and how to "harness" the photomatix monster and bend it to your will. i say this because from experience, photomatix sacrifices realism for convenience.

if i am wrong in my judgement, and you know it, then there is no need to dispute. words are just words, after all. if you need anyone else's approval, then let me advise you that that is not the correct way to go either. shoot for yourself. shoot until you know you are getting good results. cheers. this is the last comment i will post here.
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th July 2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i hope i have not offended you in any way in speaking my mind. believe me, it's not personal, i write things like this all the time.
    Btw, If that is the way you let your voice heard then its ok with me. I just feel that you should take into the consideration of the person who received it, esp a newbie like me coz we have never interacted before and it was surprising to receive things like this in our face.

i frequently return to my old works that i thought were good in the past, everybody new always goes through that phase. getting past it, and seeing more of the inadequacies, and even when improving, seeing how your photograph is lacking, needing that extra push to be even better.. i think that should be the spirit

i agree with this. I bet this was the method that you went through to get to what you have become today.I am trying to do a re-shoot for my past pictures which i find that i am rather not satisfied with. But the problem here with me is time.

Anyway, i find your works here in this forum splendid and i know its still going to be a far learning journey before i can produce fine works of art like yours. Nevertheless, i am not gonna give up trying and take more photos whenever i can.

Hope to learn more from you guys. cheers!

let me summarize......

want people to critique then also must have thick skin

Honestly i've learned from all the post here, at least now i know not to push photomatix too much,,
    one person comment another learned from it,
    btw rastafiqo i think it's a good try from u and jus keep on from it, hey i'm still learning , still can't handle my cam yet

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12