Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by cthep2 View Post
    Bro, pmed you on your queries.

    Yeah, A200 is a beginner great cam much better than my A100.

    At that price you've mentioned...it's a great deal.
    Thanks a lot for your PM

  2. #22

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    There are no cheap DSLR...no matter is new or 2nd hand.
    Once you got into the DSLR world... the DSLR world is so BIG and HOLE is so deep..

    If you got a DSLR.. either is cheap or ex...
    later, you'll need to buy dry box or cabinet and etc..(That also cost you $$$)

    Even you got a cheap DSLR...
    later you'll need to buy extra lens base on your needs.

    After that you'll said,
    Oh ya... my DSLR able to change lenses.. why not get a extra lens
    make full use of the changeable lens function.

    So that will be a never ending story or hole....

    If you really want to take pix...
    I think will be better to get a Pro-consumer.
    At least they able to shot almost anythings (I think)
    no need to worries abt lens and etc....

    If you want to join this deep hole...I'll welcome you to the DARK Side...

    Just my 0.5 cents advice....


    I double your comments man! You will start getting more lenses when u see your frens taking pictures with HUGE BOKEH (e blurry effect behind e subject)... then you will WAH WAH WAH, and next thing you know is... you wld have bought an SLR liao.... thats what happened to me... my prosumer, use only 2 months, i moved to SLR liao... hahaha and still enjoying it, just that my black hole is deeper everyday...

  3. #23

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Thanks a lot for your feedback and comments, i really appreciate it. Many Thanks

    I have chosen following:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780

    Anybody can comments on these

  4. #24

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Sony Alpha-200 10.2 MP / 2.7" LCD
    Pentax K100D Super 6.1MP / 2.5" LCD

    Bro, maybe you can have a look at both cam and have your feel in it.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and comments, i really appreciate it. Many Thanks

    I have chosen following:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780

    Anybody can comments on these
    The A200 - secondhand price?

    The K100D - new price? It's a little high for a secondhand price, given that you can get the K10D for just a little more than that.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeto View Post
    But the D40 can only use AF-S lenses. That's a BIG drawback.
    Aiya, thread starter ask for cheapest mah. I wouldn't buy personally

  7. #27

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and comments, i really appreciate it. Many Thanks

    I have chosen following:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780

    Anybody can comments on these
    A200 body only ah?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    The A200 - secondhand price?

    The K100D - new price? It's a little high for a secondhand price, given that you can get the K10D for just a little more than that.
    Both are New

    A200 with kit lense around S$780 at Naranjan (Farrer Park)
    K100D Super is around S$780 at Orient Photo (Simlim)

  9. #29

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeto View Post
    But the D40 can only use AF-S lenses. That's a BIG drawback.
    You can also mount non AF-S AF lenses. Just that it doesn't auto focus. You can even mount AiS lenses, just that they don't autofocus and the meter doesn't work. You can even mount telescopes. And people who have done that will tell you they can't autofocus as well.

    Don't let that prevent you from getting something to start with. The kit lens that comes with it is AF-S, so it can autofocus. The question now is, will you be getting other non AF-S lenses very soon?

  10. #30
    Member Shin Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Eastern Region
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    The Alpha 200 shd be a good choice.

    While I saw the Nikon D40 kit avail @ $749 (Challenger Store) with free, tripod, memory card & carrying case. Think they are clearing stock for that. You can check with them if interested.
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Howard View Post
    The Alpha 200 shd be a good choice.

    While I saw the Nikon D40 kit avail @ $749 (Challenger Store) with free, tripod, memory card & carrying case. Think they are clearing stock for that. You can check with them if interested.
    Thanks for your reply.

    New Nikon D40 Kit @ $600 without freebies also available but i am not considering to buy D40 Thanks

  12. #32

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    New Nikon D40 Kit @ $600 without freebies also available but i am not considering to buy D40 Thanks
    where is this? 600bux is a gd deal.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    I would go for the Sony A200 then.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  14. #34

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    At those prices, I think the A200 might be the better buy. The only things to note in comparison are: the K100D is less noisy at 1600 and 3200 ISO because it has fewer megapixels, sony lenses tend generally to be more expensive than similar pentax lenses (whether this price difference is warranted, hard to say).

    In favour of the A200 - it's a newer body, it's image stabilization is probably better, it has a slighly larger rear LCD.

    Do consider the K100D (non-super) if you are willing to buy used. Finally, check the price of the k200d? I don't think I would really recommend it over the A200 if you really had to pay alot more though - although they're very equivalent except for the sony lens comment above, the fact that the k200d is weathersealed (although the kit lens is not), and that you will have to also consider the cost of buying rechargeable battaries for the k200d. (maha imedion or sanyo eneloop + charger).

  15. #35

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    if you want a new set, not 2nd hand, and looking for the cheapest.. maybe you could get a display set.. audio house is having a moving out sale so up to 90% off on the display items. i got a HDD recorder for a really good price. you could go there and have a feel of the DSLRs, see if the display set is worth buying.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by anglejn View Post
    if you want a new set, not 2nd hand, and looking for the cheapest.. maybe you could get a display set.. audio house is having a moving out sale so up to 90% off on the display items. i got a HDD recorder for a really good price. you could go there and have a feel of the DSLRs, see if the display set is worth buying.
    you be surprised with the no of shutter count in display sets...imagine some customer test the burst rate.
    some of their physical condition also kooks kinda abused to me...

    2nd hand set will do just fine but do bring a labtop to prove the shutter count just in case the seller state a white lie and make sure no dirt on the VF screen.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 4th July 2008 at 09:37 AM.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    I would rather buy a secondhand set than a display set.

  18. #38
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    I would rather buy a secondhand set than a display set.
    Same here. I've seen badly abused display sets, including a 5D display set in a store that has a thumbprint on the mirror. It hurts to see that one...

  19. #39

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and comments, i really appreciate it. Many Thanks

    I have chosen following:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780

    Anybody can comments on these
    How about:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780
    Olympus E-410 S$900

    Any satisfied user of Olympus E-410 ?
    Can anybody tell me that whether we can use 3rd party lenses like Sigma or Tamron with Pentax/Olympus ? or we are bound to use their own lenses?

    Thanks

  20. #40

    Default Re: Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    How about:

    Sony Alpha-200 S$780
    Pentax K100D Super S$780
    Olympus E-410 S$900

    Any satisfied user of Olympus E-410 ?
    Can anybody tell me that whether we can use 3rd party lenses like Sigma or Tamron with Pentax/Olympus ? or we are bound to use their own lenses?

    Thanks
    I'd be slightly off topic to say this, but i think you'd be interested, the canon 1000D is gonna be released soon, and its price tag is sub $1000. its touted to be the cheapest entry-level dslr on the market yet. so maybe you might wanna check that out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •