Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Any job interview story to tell?

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    My friend who is 40 ( degree holder) just went for one interview with an employment agent. When asked her salary expectation, she said above $2k. The employment agent said: :"Come on times are bad plus your age ..." meaning that she should lower her salary expectation just because she is this age.

    Are times that bad, didn't the govt say it is good. Fresh grads all getting higher pay.
    dont tell me that job agency is recruit express....

  2. #42

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    dont tell me that job agency is recruit express....
    I think so........

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    dont tell me that job agency is recruit express....
    It's Global Prosearch. Recruit Express is also like that?

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    It's Global Prosearch. Recruit Express is also like that?
    you have no idea that they are on the hate list over in hardwarezone...

  5. #45

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    you have no idea that they are on the hate list over in hardwarezone...
    wah so bad sia.
    Objection !!!

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    wah so bad sia.
    can go there and read...many pages of customer feedbacks...

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    I once went to an 'upcoming', 'creative' and 'vibrant' publishing firm that didn't do any publishing at all. I can't believe I actually I sat through the two hours of gruesome interviewing. I thought it was one hell of a job since I passed three of their 'tests'. There were few others who also applied for the same job but didn't go through. The funny thing was the job offered was a marketing designer. Sounds pretty cool but little did I knew that they were actually looking for a sales person. The so called firm had a stockpile of multi-level marketing products that needed to be sold off quickly and told me I had to 'market' their products to 'international' clients. By then I was still wondering where the designer part of me was required. It was only towards the end of the boring one hour presentation about history of their 'company' and 'corporate culture' that he finally explained to me that I needed to do my own flyer, brochure and marketing collateral. He basically told me I am running the whole show by myself. He even made it sound like I own the company and working as a CEO. In the end, I fired my interviewer. Ironically, I remembered interviewing him recently for a job I posted on the Straits Times. I was looking for a real designer.
    Last edited by hazmee; 9th July 2008 at 02:49 PM.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    can go there and read...many pages of customer feedbacks...
    I'll go and check it out. Just checking: www.hardwarezone.com.sg is this right? Are there any more that I should be aware of?
    Last edited by dancemania; 9th July 2008 at 04:56 PM.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    I'll go and check it out. Are there any more that I should be aware of?
    kelly services also quite popular so far never see any complains about them over at hardwarezone.

    here's a few thread, read all you want.

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ecruit+express

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ecruit+express

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ecruit+express

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ecruit+express
    Last edited by Simon_84; 9th July 2008 at 05:09 PM.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    kelly services also quite popular so far never see any complains about them over at hardwarezone.
    Which section should I be looking under to find the information?

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Which section should I be looking under to find the information?
    if you member over there can do a search like cs style then can find liao.

    this page is the best, one shot exposed all...

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...kelly+services
    Last edited by Simon_84; 9th July 2008 at 05:18 PM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I once went to an 'upcoming', 'creative' and 'vibrant' publishing firm that didn't do any publishing at all. I can't believe I actually I sat through the two hours of gruesome interviewing. I thought it was one hell of a job since I passed three of their 'tests'. There were few others who also applied for the same job but didn't go through. The funny thing was the job offered was a marketing designer. Sounds pretty cool but little did I knew that they were actually looking for a sales person. The so called firm had a stockpile of multi-level marketing products that needed to be sold off quickly and told me I had to 'market' their products to 'international' clients. By then I was still wondering where the designer part of me was required. It was only towards the end of the boring one hour presentation about history of their 'company' and 'corporate culture' that he finally explained to me that I needed to do my own flyer, brochure and marketing collateral. He basically told me I am running the whole show by myself. He even made it sound like I own the company and working as a CEO. In the end, I fired my interviewer. Ironically, I remembered interviewing him recently for a job I posted on the Straits Times. I was looking for a real designer.
    So you interviewed the interviewer who interviewed you before in an interview?

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    In a nutshell that is. LOL!

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Any job interview story to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    if you member over there can do a search like cs style then can find liao.

    this page is the best, one shot exposed all...

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...kelly+services
    Thanks alot for the info.
    Last edited by dancemania; 10th July 2008 at 10:15 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •