View Poll Results: Are there quite a number of odd people here?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 80.00%
  • No.

5 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there is quite a number of ... here?

Deregistered

the_tick

I'm dead... Joywakler wants to hammer me and larry going to put me on fire

/me migrates to saturn

Allen
    Guests

Originally posted by binbeto
    Sort of that... Maybe some have those "artistic temper".
    The purpose of this post is so that we can look back at ourselves.
    Asking if we could work a liitle on our character.
    I do agree with you that some here have very interesting way of expressing ideas or emotions, including us. But this is the world we choose to live in and is made up of all sorts of people.

However, "weird" as you may call these people, you MAY be weird in their eyes too. Each and everyone of us have our own idiosyncrasies, this defines US, our character, personality and to some a form of identity.

Yes, we do live in a 'community' that perhaps subscribe to a common standard, ethics or behaviour, but not all do. There are always mavericks or radicals. Some may be a little more vocal than others. Some may have a lesser command of English, hence stand a better chance of being misread.

So may I propose that we look inwards and recognised the fact that we are not Alone in this world.

If those so called 'weird' people DO irritate you, you can choose to have them expelled or you isolate yourself.

The odder, the more fun right?

IMHO, if I wanted normal people, all I need to do is to switch off the PC.

Originally posted by Allen

However, "weird" as you may call these people, you MAY be weird in their eyes too. Each and everyone of us have our own idiosyncrasies, this defines US, our character, personality and to some a form of identity.

If those so called 'weird' people DO irritate you, you can choose to have them expelled or you isolate yourself.
    You might have misunderstood me.

I am not saying we have more weird people here.
    Odd as in special and unique way of doing/seeing/understanding things.

Ok. Maybe some are weird.

They do not irritate me. At least most don't. I know everyone is unique in their own way. I respect that. This is not a thread calling for their termination.

Maybe I will list an example. In my workplace, there is this guys that will always wear pink on Monday. Why? Nobody know.

Allen
    Guests

You might have misunderstood me.
    I am not saying we have more weird people here.
    Odd as in special and unique way of doing/seeing/understanding things.

They do not irritate me. At least most don't. I know everyone is unique in their own way. I respect that. This is not a thread calling for their termination.

Maybe I will list an example. In my workplace, there is this guys that will always wear pink on Monday. Why? Nobody know.
    I don't think there is any misunderstanding. I know you are not seeking redress, or a 'solution'.

And I don't think they can be 'terminated' we're not cyborgs or "John O' Conner"

What I am saying is that we must also recognise the fact that we're never alone and these people do exist.

And like you mentioned, they are unique in their own ways. Now my question to you is:

Do you consider the guy wearing PINK on Monday as 'artistic temper' ??

In my workplace, there is this guys that will always wear pink on Monday. Why? Nobody know.
    OT a bit here. Maybe this guy will always wear grey on Tuesday, blue on Wednesday, black on Thursday, and white on Friday. 'cos he has 5 shirts and launders them in order. Maybe...he's not that ... after all.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by berryhappy
    OT a bit here. Maybe this guy will always wear grey on Tuesday, blue on Wednesday, black on Thursday, and white on Friday. 'cos he has 5 shirts and launders them in order. Maybe...he's not that ... after all.
    you know, that sounds exactly like what i do ... i only wear a few favorite shirts and if anyone has noticed, I have been wearing the same orange shirt to the last few SEEDs as that's my Wednesday shirt ...

Originally posted by Darren
    you know, that sounds exactly like what i do ... i only wear a few favorite shirts and if anyone has noticed, I have been wearing the same orange shirt to the last few SEEDs as that's my Wednesday shirt ...
    i know...'cos that's what my male colleagues do. some more, for a period, a few of them wear in the same order. so every monday, it's grey, every tues blue, wednesday green etc. until they have to make a conscious effort to reshuffle. hilarious!

yunir_sg
    Guests

yohoho!

i hope no one sees me as odd.
    Coz i did post a question on imitation cameras. ---- odd question eh?
    And no one answered....

well, what do u expect from a 'know-nothing' guy?

Originally posted by Allen
    I don't think there is any misunderstanding. I know you are not seeking redress, or a 'solution'.

And like you mentioned, they are unique in their own ways. Now my question to you is:

Do you consider the guy wearing PINK on Monday as 'artistic temper' ??
    Err.. When I think of odd people, I am not particularly thinking abt weird people.

The "odd" I am refering to are unique people that behave non-conforming to normal, expected behaviour. Weird is too strong a word which might hurt some feeling.

Oddly, I think you misunderstood my defination but you think I didn't.. Hmm...

Ok.. Maybe an example again: How about a photographer who insist on shooting with tilt framing all the time? (** Not pointing to anyone **)

P.s. I wouldn't consider a guy who always wear pink on Monday as having artistic temper. Maybe if he wear a white shirt every monday, no one will even notice.

i know...'cos that's what my male colleagues do. some more, for a period, a few of them wear in the same order. so every monday, it's grey, every tues blue, wednesday green etc. until they have to make a conscious effort to reshuffle. hilarious!
    Hee hee.. So you have the same kind of colleague as me.

However, if the guy is not wearing some eye-catching colour like pnk or luminous green. I think not much will notice. Right?

Hee hee.. So you have the same kind of colleague as me.

However, if the guy is not wearing some eye-catching colour like pnk or luminous green. I think not much will notice. Right?
    Err...maybe guys are more or less the same huh?
    though i usually start mondays wearing black. hee.
    actually....i din notice...they did themselves. so guys notice details and are vain too. heeheeheeheehee (dun flame me).

Serious ar....how they remember the order ar? lol. As for me I usually random one lar...just grab any shirt from the rack can one...unless got meeting or what den wear something which looks more presentable loh.

It takes all kind to make the world go round...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Garion
    Serious ar....how they remember the order ar? lol. As for me I usually random one lar...just grab any shirt from the rack can one...unless got meeting or what den wear something which looks more presentable loh.
    their wives will wash, dry, iron, and fold, and then stack them in order. then they will grab the top most shirt from the rack everyday lor. i think.

Blog Entries

their wives will wash, dry, iron, and fold, and then stack them in order. then they will grab the top most shirt from the rack everyday lor. i think.
    wah, who so lucky??? I got to iron and hang up my own clothes leh ....

Same!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Same here, but thankfully I've got a full casual attire policy at the office - except when I have to go to meetings in the city.

Ok. maybe they wash, dry, iron, and fold, and then stack their own clothes in the same order. then they will grab the top most shirt from the rack everyday lor.

aiyah, negotiate wiv your wives lor. heehee.

Allen
    Guests

[B]Err.. When I think of odd people, I am not particularly thinking abt weird people.

The "odd" I am refering to are unique people that behave non-conforming to normal, expected behaviour. Weird is too strong a word which might hurt some feeling.
    What I deduce from this is narrow mindedness. Whether we use the word Odd or Weird, will still hurt those who are particularly sensitive.

I can't speak for the rest of the world but I feel that one shouldn't expect anyone to behave in any way, conformity aside.

I'll just let these people be, if they cross my pass, I'll seek redress, else they are just like us, leechers of this planet.

Oddly, I think you misunderstood my defination but you think I didn't.. Hmm...
    How odd, I didn't!

Ok.. Maybe an example again: How about a photographer who insist on shooting with tilt framing all the time? (** Not pointing to anyone **)
    That could be his signature style, is this odd? Which reminds me of this phrase: the only thing constant is change. (doesn't relate but read between the lines *heh* )

P.s. I wouldn't consider a guy who always wear pink on Monday as having artistic temper. Maybe if he wear a white shirt every monday, no one will even notice.
    I beg to differ, SOME might notice. Its how your brain works.
    Perhaps you just get attract to Pink than white. Hmm... odd for a male?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast