Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BayBeats Photographer

Default Re: BayBeats Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by k3nshinx View Post
    U like it u do it. U dont like it u dont stop people from doing it.

IF someone offer you to have a go at vogue editorial and provide the equipments and and and.. free flight and accomodation! But pictures rights are to them and its free labour. would u miss the opportunity becasue you are not paid for the shot. would u miss the opportunity because you cant have the copyright of the pictures you shot? Would you miss the opportunity beacuse fashion isnt your thing.

im with u, relinquishingjunk.

Sorry to say but why always look at the money involved. I know its important, money is not everything but most things. Are you not happy when you peek into the small lil 2-3" screen behind your dslr and smile at what you just took. That moment is priceless to me. Maybe you can say yeah, priceless to me cause out of 100000 pictures, only 1 made me smile. I would say, so what, at least i have 1 photo which you dont because you think damn right that your photographs deserve to be paid but sadly, i dont think so.............

if u take something, return something. simple right. If you like gigs, shoot it. paid or not. And return your wonderful work to the people who appreciate gigs.
    If you happen to shoot at some marathon, paid or not. Wouldnt it be very nice to let whoever have their photos? Dont have to be money and rights always. Dont you feel happy when another person who receive the photo you took and says thank you?

okie thats what i feel. sorry for the lengthy post.
    and I might add that I find it really amusing that you think potential exploitations as a gestures of appreciation......

hey relinquishingjunk, thanks for the notice.

and i dont see the point of all these hoo-hah. each to his own mindset pls.
    Last edited by escapologist; 1st July 2008 at 07:49 PM.

making use of budget photographers

As a gig/rock photographer, you can't expect much. If you expect to get paid for this so much, what's the use of speaking about passion in gig/rock photography? Everybody wish to get paid for it but in the end, look at where are we staying. =) Stick to your passion and just continously show good photos. =)

Lan Lan Suck thumb! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Rueven View Post
    As a gig/rock photographer, you can't expect much. If you expect to get paid for this so much, what's the use of speaking about passion in gig/rock photography? Everybody wish to get paid for it but in the end, look at where are we staying. =) Stick to your passion and just continously show good photos. =)

Lan Lan Suck thumb! =D

well, i can agree with Rueven as what he says........

haha. when i first saw the ad, i was soooooooooooo intrested! well because i love attending baybeats and all. but. decided to back out since im still 'new' in photography. hai... must use the right lens... this and that. aah so this yr, im just gonna try out things on my own and hopefully, try to be the photographer for baybeats 09? haha.

anw. what lens do people usually use at rock concerts?

everything is going up...i quess this is the best way to lure free photographers...this type of company really ....is....
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by shidder View Post
    haha. when i first saw the ad, i was soooooooooooo intrested! well because i love attending baybeats and all. but. decided to back out since im still 'new' in photography. hai... must use the right lens... this and that. aah so this yr, im just gonna try out things on my own and hopefully, try to be the photographer for baybeats 09? haha.

anw. what lens do people usually use at rock concerts?
    if i am not wrong , the lens they uses is the 24-70mm and the 70-200mm lens f 2.8........

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinkhoo View Post
    if i am not wrong , the lens they uses is the 24-70mm and the 70-200mm lens f 2.8........
    3 Cheers for you KelvinKhoo =) Big investment for both lens.

3 Cheers for you KelvinKhoo =) Big investment for both lens.

well i have send out the so call ' resume ' to the organiser of the baybeats 08....... hope can be selceted to be the photographer of that event.........

Just whack only. haha. there's always a next time.

Just whack only. haha. there's always a next time.
    yup yup.. agree, juz whack........

thx for the heads-up relinquishingjunk..most probably will be sending in my pics but i have a qn. how do u add caption text to the image? or do i just add a separate word document to the file?
    Sony A200 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 | Minolta 70-210 f/4(beercan) | HVL-F42AM

Quote Originally Posted by LQ235 View Post
    thx for the heads-up relinquishingjunk..most probably will be sending in my pics but i have a qn. how do u add caption text to the image? or do i just add a separate word document to the file?
    Err... i think most of the people did their own way. Just whack only again.

sigh, forget to add caption in my pictures.............

Err... i think most of the people did their own way. Just whack only again.
    sorry bt what do u mean by "whack"?
    Sony A200 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 | Minolta 70-210 f/4(beercan) | HVL-F42AM

sorry bt what do u mean by "whack"?
    Anyhow shoot lor...just press the shutter when u think u can get a pic.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    Anyhow shoot lor...just press the shutter when u think u can get a pic.
    LOLZ you got it man!

Actually sounds like fun because can get passes to this concert thingmagic for free. Maybe I'll try sending in my stuff. of course if it so happens that out of the frames I shoot at baybeats most of them turn out to be closeups of my middle finger, I'll probably not be sweating the copyright too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Actually sounds like fun because can get passes to this concert thingmagic for free. Maybe I'll try sending in my stuff. of course if it so happens that out of the frames I shoot at baybeats most of them turn out to be closeups of my middle finger, I'll probably not be sweating the copyright too much.
    baybeats itself is free..the only thing that the pass gives you is access to the backstage area..even then..its very tightly controlled..
    Nikon D90 | Tokina 28-70 f2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f1.8 | Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 | SB - 800

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast