Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what will you do if u are being bullied by superior?

Default Re: what will you do if u are being bullied by superior?

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    ok , there is this scenerio whereby girl from China was labelled as ..sumtin like , hey china girl , do this thing for me . that 's a indian boss ,
    does it consider insulting?? well the girl try to msn and smile to her all times... but still get extra workload that doesn't belong to her .
    made her to come back over the weekends where other colleagues no need to come back , so i dun think is fair right?
    Petty little things.

like extra workload , ask u to come back on weekends.
    insult you sometimes and giving you extra jobs than your colleagues
    can anyone pls give some suggestions?
    if you think you did not deserve to be scolded, then quit lor.

Objection !!!

Seems you just started working, right? Take it easy. a job is just a job. No job is perfect, so if you don't know why your supervisor is treating you this way, then you will never be happy in any job. We all have to learn to work together with others and to work as a team. You are paid to do a job. A supervisor is someone who watches over you and guide you in your job. Remember, they have something which you do not have yet, as they are the supervisor and you are not. give them the respect that is due to their appointment. They are still human though, and sometimes they may say things which you could take as an insult, but which is pretty common for them to do so.

As for all that you mention above, it helps to understand what the situation is and what the job requires. If there is a need to be done, then someone got to do the job.

It helps to communicate with your supervisor on what you are unhappy about. Sometimes, a personal chat will help to clear things up. if you are not prepared to work extra or come back on weekends, then discuss it with your supervisor on what arrangements could be made. on a positive note, he/she might give you extra because he/she thinks you are more capable than the others. neng je duo lao!

"Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

ok thks to all bros for sharing your thoughts with me , i would comtemplate what i can do next.

In some jobs, the superior purposely insult the staffs or set an un-achieveable target for the staffs, this is to single out the more capable ones among the group of staffs, maybe for future grooming, and obviously the weaker ones will get tired or sick and leave the company.

ok thks to all bros for sharing your thoughts with me , i would comtemplate what i can do next.
    Just remember, don't leave if you do with bad feelings..... Things to remember in the working world

1) Don't break bridges, you might have to u turn one day
    2) Don't gossip or bitch about your boss or colleagues, you never know who is the person listening.
    3) There is no permanent friendship nor enemies in the working world. Its a matter of seeing what is beneficial to you at the moment.
    Last edited by aeskywan; 30th June 2008 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    In religion, we learn about humility and perseverance. In work, some may apply it, while the rest just screw the f....r. Not happy, pick a fight and make sure you win.
    Well, that's called absolutism. Going to the extremes almost NEVER gets you anywhere in your career. Be a sheep, prepared to be slaughtered. Be a wolf, prepared to be hunted down. Be a man, stand your ground, be civil, have principles, respect others, and most importantly, RESPECT YOURSELF.

Carry on with this attitude and lets hope the TS will find a job with no scolding, no work no stress.
    Funny thing is, scolding/stress etc, is very dependent on the person. While one person may become condemned in a particular job/role, the very same role filled by another who carries him/herself strongly (not being overly aggressive nor rude, just being firm but fair) achieves rather different results. Running away is never a solution. However, recognizing the situation, and moving accordingly is basic survival instinct.

To see how the above paragraph can be applied, see below:
    Anyway, I am outa this comforting discussion. Say what you like guys to encourage him.

Peace and God bless all of you.
    Have a great week guys!

i really do feel the worker is being bullied. Just like a freshman. If you cannot take it. Quit. No pt hanging to a job u don't like and end up frustrated. If she calls you china girl again you can reply to her " yes may i help you Indian woman". Unless the pay is damn fuggin good. You gotta carry her balls no matter what. If its not worth the **** u are getting. then just leave.
    Parchiao i don't think its petty. If im the lady i would definitely get pissed off if my boss calls me this type on racial language. I don't mind the extra workload. but china girl or china boy is just too much.

Don't know why the bosses who treat me badly always unlucky one.

They always end up in a hospital with a broken leg.

Strangely after that they treat me a lot better.

I make love with my superior. Everything goes back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I make love with my superior. Everything goes back to normal.
    Is that counted as Overtime?
    Last edited by Sion; 30th June 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12