Thread: Ultimate RC Car with "Immersion" Reality

Default Ultimate RC Car with "Immersion" Reality

Imagine attaching a wireless video camera onto a remote controlled vehicle. Now imagine the fun of driving that camera car throughout your house or office. Of course such a toy is bound to give you loads of fun or possibly give you loads of trouble depending on how you used it. Now what if you could look around using the camera on the car? Even better right? Stick with me here.

Video Missing

The VTS (Vision Tracking System) RC Camera Car is a 1:10 scale RC vehicle with a mounted camera. While this RC car would be fun enough with just a camera, what makes this RC car very cool is the set of VGA LCD goggles that come with it. Not only can you watch the small scale road ahead in first person by wearing the goggles, but by moving your head, the camera responds in-kind via gyro technology. When you look left or right the camera looks left or right. When you look up or down, the camera responds the same way.

Unfortunately this kind of RC fun isnít cheap as the VTS RC Camera Car costs £599.95 or approximately US$1172. But after watching the video of the VTS in action I certainly added it to my Christmas list for this year. You can find the VTS RC Camera Car on sale at gadget website RED5.

Default Re: Ultimate RC Car with "Immersion" Reality

You will notice the cars will not go as fast as normal RC cars. Not because it can't but from that perspective, we'll go dizzy haahaa..

Really nice idea. All they need now is to wire up a steering wheel and pedals and can race like F1 leow. One can even start one of these in an arcade with an area where the cars can run around. I'd pay for that experience man.. sweet.

Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Ultimate RC Car with "Immersion" Reality

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    You will notice the cars will not go as fast as normal RC cars. Not because it can't but from that perspective, we'll go dizzy haahaa..

Really nice idea. All they need now is to wire up a steering wheel and pedals and can race like F1 leow. One can even start one of these in an arcade with an area where the cars can run around. I'd pay for that experience man.. sweet.

Thanks for sharing.
    well sounds good ... faster then man can re-act..
    find the fusion of technologies revolutionary.. esp the gyro cameras..
    just imagine.. proxy everything..
    like 2 boxing robots... can even be life size.. controls can be strap to body/arms like wii remote, fencing..,ski jumps? haha possibilities endles...
    bomb disposal... even state of art does have the gyro cams.... afaik
    arm with real ammo can even engage realy enemy!