Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking like an idiot...

One thing is our country is so packed with people! 4 million in a small island, everywhere you go is a crowd!

Might be good for people who likes to take people-candid shots, but sometimes it's hard to take a picture of a place without capturing some passer-bys or having to squeeze with people.

wait till you guys see the reactions to someone using a LF camera. the look is quite farnie.

ToMyself
    Guests

Originally posted by Larry
    wait till you guys see the reactions to someone using a LF camera. the look is quite farnie.
    The passerby might stand there to wait for a tune since the LF looks like an accordion. For all you know, after one exposure you turn around to find coins and notes thrown in your camera bag

If I really wanna insult a guy back on his hp camera, I'd just say, "SO OLD LIAO STILL BRING TOYS OUT.."

Deregistered

Or "so old liao still play with toys in public"

here's what you can do to really pull the chain of the hp camera gang...

An Olympus Mu II with it's 35mm f2.8 lens, auto fill-in, red-eye reduction flash, etc. is not much bigger than a hp. Simple super glue or tape one onto your existing "normal" hp, and hey presto! An hp camera with infinitely better resolution and features than anything else in the market. On top of that, you can make a call and snap pics at the same time, somethig which I think most, if not all, hp cams can't do.

now that's something James would have been proud of...
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Originally posted by klein

by the way burning acid what did the lady reply why u were shooting her back? they how did u answer her???

this inspire me to post a thread.
    erm, no, she didnt talk to me or what, she just stare at me but of cos i looked away lah.. dun wana get into trouble oso.. bt i think if she didnt ask what im doing then i'll juz tell her i juz wana take shot of her loh.

Originally posted by djchris
    If I really wanna insult a guy back on his hp camera, I'd just say, "SO OLD LIAO STILL BRING TOYS OUT.."
    How about "My 80-200 F2.8 can buy 4 of your camera phones"

Originally posted by hori
    How about "My 80-200 F2.8 can buy 4 of your camera phones"
    i don't think they'd be able to tell the difference between an f-stop from a bus stop.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Actually it wasn't too long ago that the only digital cameras available maxed out at 640x480. I predict that by this time next year (if not earlier) the handphone cameras will reach 2MP (which, as we all know, is all you need).

The lenses will not get that much better, though, without getting bigger. Some laws of physics you can't fight.

I guess before my subjects got a chance to notice that they were in my framing, I've taken 2 - 5 shots and long gone liao....

but I do get wary of camera phones coz there's no signature from the little cute device that looked so innocent.. the camera phone trechnology is getting too advance..

Originally posted by SniperD
    I guess before my subjects got a chance to notice that they were in my framing, I've taken 2 - 5 shots and long gone liao....

No wonder u are called sniper... keke..

Originally posted by Jer76
    No wonder u are called sniper... keke..
    no leh sniper from history is one shot 1 kill leh. he took 3-5 shots leh.

hee hee. maybe he focus damn fast loh.

Originally posted by SniperD

but I do get wary of camera phones coz there's no signature from the little cute device that looked so innocent.. the camera phone trechnology is getting too advance..
    wat cam u use to do that?
    i can do it easily with my exlim or benq 1500 too

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Actually it wasn't too long ago that the only digital cameras available maxed out at 640x480. I predict that by this time next year (if not earlier) the handphone cameras will reach 2MP (which, as we all know, is all you need).

The lenses will not get that much better, though, without getting bigger. Some laws of physics you can't fight.
    Sony PDA alr have a 2.1MP cam.
    Lots of brands r alr making 1.3 to 2.1 MP card cams
    n prices r amazing...

Originally posted by shocky
    wat cam u use to do that?
    i can do it easily with my exlim or benq 1500 too
    Using 10D w 70-200 f4L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12