Thread: how to recover a deleted image from CF card?

Default how to recover a deleted image from CF card?

I've tried using the image recovery software that comes with the CF card. It looks promising but turns out disappointing!

After almost 1/2 hour of waiting at the comp, the card did not manage to recover the image. I accidentally deleted it a while ago and took only another shot after that. So rightly, the lost image should still be "recoverable" rite?

Anyone knows of a better software out there to do this?

Thanks so much...

Default Re: how to recover a deleted image from CF card?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post
    After almost 1/2 hour of waiting at the comp, the card did not manage to recover the image. I accidentally deleted it a while ago and took only another shot after that. So rightly, the lost image should still be "recoverable" rite?
    Chances are it is still on the card, but because the FAT table of contents may have been altered, the index may no longer be there. Trying to recover an image under those circumstances is not impossible, but is much more difficult. Smaller cards will be easier to recover from.

Worst case, the new image overwrote part of the old image. Statistically unlikely, but you never know.

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for image recovery software for you. I've tried several different software a year ago, including Lexar's Image Rescue, with no success (partly because I was trying to recover a RAW file).

no way

If you have friends who has an extra copy of SanDisk RescuePRO, you can ask them to give it to you. It is a pretty good program. It usually comes with high end memory card such as Extreme III/IV.

Or, if you are desperate enough and willing to pay to get the image back, you can look for data recovery service. There are quite a few around in Singapore.

Lastly, if you happened to have a friend who owns a Hyperdrive ColorSpace Portable Storage Device, you can ask them to help recover the file for you since it has a built-in memory card recovery function. I know because I have help a friend recovered almost 1000 pics from her failed xD card...

PC inspector is also good. try goole for it. its free but only works on window platform.